Soul Calibur VI

Exorcism

I'm on the fence about this series as a whole. If it were a new Samurai Shodown 2D game I'd be all over it, as for SC I've just never gotten what it's supposed to be about. I get sorta of a medieval yet fantasy feeling to it. I would like for the game to be a little darker, but that may be too much of a change for longtime fans of the series.

Honestly, Soul Calibur is probably my worst fighter, but I enjoy it well enough, so I'll try it out. Maximilian Dood pointed out that the characters look younger, so it should be interesting to yes where they're taking the story. And of course that likely means they don't want a repeat of 5 and are gonna be bringing back classic characters which hopefully include Zas and Talim. I also hope they keep Natsu(one of the few people who actually likes her) and the Devil Jin moveset.

I saw the reveal trailer for the game & I'll say this was a pleasant surprise when I came upon it last night. I'm just hoping Namco learned their lesson from the letdown that was Soul Calibur 5, I thought that one was terrible. Can't wait to see the character creation, as well as Kilik, Xianghua, Rock & the other classic characters!

I like the gameplay in 5. A lot more than 4. Only reason I really go back to 4 is for Apprentice.

I personally liked 3 on PS2 the most, especially since you could give custom characters original fighting styles. Soul Calibur 4 wasn't bad for me, but it was really lacking in terms of a story & stuff.

Fun fact: Soul Blade for the original PlayStation was the first game I ever wanted. I Remember that I got it for my 6th birthday.

Fantasy booking here for a second in terms of guest characters, but a Blizzard Entertainment collab would be cool. Genji from Overwatch would fit in well in Soul Calibur. Realistically speaking we might see some Namco stuff though.

Bittersweet about the reboot. I would hate to see the same story play out once more.. Hoping they'll have a Mortal Kombat 9 approach to it where events are altered.

They'd be rather foolish to leave it out honestly. I just hope they include a good mode for us to take those created characters through.

...srsly tho, bring back Chronicles Of The Sword.

Archived