The Rock receiving a Hollywood Star

Ziggy Vercetti

Actor and former WWE star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame during a ceremony Dec. 13, Variety's Rebecca Rubin reported Tuesday.

"Not only does Dwayne have a great personality and talent, but he also does a great amount of philanthropic work, which is part of the criteria for earning an immortal spot on the Walk of Fame," said Ana Martinez, Walk of Fame ceremonies producer. "We envision scores of photos being taken at his star by his fans."

Johnson rose to prominence during WWE's "Attitude Era" in the late 1990s and early 2000s. His rivalry with Stone Cold Steve Austin is one of the most legendary in wrestling history.

The 45-year-old began phasing out of his full-time wrestling career in 2003, and his transition to acting became a part of his on-screen character. He has returned to WWE for special occasions and briefly resumed his in-ring career in 2011, wrestling five times over the next two years.

While other wrestlers have tried to branch out into film and television acting, none has been more successful than Johnson. He was the highest-paid actor in the world in 2016, earning $64.5 million. He finished second behind Mark Wahlberg for the distinction in 2017.

When he's honored next week, Johnson will join his former boss, as WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in March 2008.

Congrats to the all time GOAT

Lol...all this hate for a hollywood star. Since when was a hollywood star even something worth talking shit about? All it means is that he's a bigtime actor and famous person. Who would bother to dispute that? :lol:

Apparently someone getting something nice out of their chosen industry is worth shitting on even though it doesnt remotely affect them or matter to their life in any way. Its a shame that some peoples first instincts is to shit on something that means happiness to someone else. Its like, why bother wasting the time to post? Its not like anyone involved is going to see their opinion.

Well its a Hollywood thing, not a WWE thing. I wouldnt expect my boss at my old job to be there when I get a promotion at my current job. Such a silly reason. Sure Vince was a big part of his life, but not the only big part of his life.

Vince should be invited to be there by his side, Rock wouldn't be where he is without the opportunity Vince and co. gave him, but he will probably just have Kevin Hart there.

Has Vince ever showed up to support any of his stars in things outside of WWE? I don't recall.

Archived