NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

The only one I don't like is Roddy. I though his heel turn might make him more interesting to me, but it hasn't. I'm not hugely into Adam Cole like everyone seems to be, but he does have a presence that makes it hard to dislike him. O'Reilly is great too, so smooth with everything he does. Hopefully they give Fish some spotlight now, he needs it.

Roddy has always been all substance, and rarely any style. Aside from being with Undisputed Era, his run as PWG champion was the only time he showed any personality.

Cole, Fish and O'Reilly have endless personality. I still remember that street fight they had with the Young Bucks, and Bennett was Cole's partner. I think out of the 4 of them, Cole and O'Reilly will thrive on the main roster.

Its crazy too cause heel Roddy in PWG was so *censored*ing dope.

His PWG theme was pretty epic too. That Guillera Warfare match against O'Reilly is still one of my favorite matches.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only one I don't like is Roddy. I though his heel turn might make him more interesting to me, but it hasn't. I'm not hugely into Adam Cole like everyone seems to be, but he does have a presence that makes it hard to dislike him. O'Reilly is great too, so smooth with everything he does. Hopefully they give Fish some spotlight now, he needs it.

Roddy has always been all substance, and rarely any style. Aside from being with Undisputed Era, his run as PWG champion was the only time he showed any personality.

Cole, Fish and O'Reilly have endless personality. I still remember that street fight they had with the Young Bucks, and Bennett was Cole's partner. I think out of the 4 of them, Cole and O'Reilly will thrive on the main roster.

His PWG theme was pretty epic too. That Guillera Warfare match against O'Reilly is still one of my favorite matches.

Hold on Im confused... when I used to watch PWG, didnt they just show the small clip before the match started and then cut to ring introductions? I never remember hearing an entrance then.

Hold on Im confused... when I used to watch PWG, didnt they just show the small clip before the match started and then cut to ring introductions? I never remember hearing an entrance then.

I guess they changed it because I remember watching one of Roddy's PWG matches, and he had "End of Heartache" by Killswitch Engage.

Hes always used the End of Heartace but they never play the music before the match. But i love that match too, its not the best but the whole pure chaos about it and the fact that Kyle just wrestle a match before hand.

I think he used it elsewhere too, but I remember hearing it in PWG because he used "A Victim, A Target" in ROH. He basically switched between those two themes.

The one thing I remember about that match with O'Reilly was that Roddy wrestled with one boot for most of the match.

Most definitely was a possibility for Strong before he joined UE, especially with how good he did in the tourney earlier this year. I would say they're too big for 205 Live, but once upon a time I would've said that about Hideo.

NXT's having a taping in San Jose next week. It was originally supposed to just be a live event.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/nxt-tv-taping-november-15-2018-san-jose-california

Also, tryouts in Germany:

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-tryout-cologne-germany-november-2018

The name that stands out to me is Ilja Dragunov.

Would be dope to see Dragunov in NXT UK. Just saw his match against Dunne at the Hello Wembley show. He's insane.

Dude is so intense he would be something totally different in WWE in the best way.

I'm not surprised to "Unbesiegbar" Ilja Dragunov is on WWE's radar. The match him and Dunne tore the freaking house down. His story is truly an inspiration.

I remember people talking about him, and after watching some of his matches, I can see why. The dude is for real. I wonder if they would let him keep the Torpedo Mauskow, or have him change it.

Ilja would be an incredible signing. He has a presence and star quality that few others have. Jurn would be a nice addition as well.

For anyone that's unfamiliar with his story; I'll leave this here:

Thanks for sharing this, Oldsie. Ilja's return blew the roof off the place. If WWE signs him, they will have an instant star.

Archived