NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what people thought about it, but I really enjoyed his match against Lars despite the botch towards the end. It almost ruined the whole match for me, lol.

I've always wanted Black to get involved in a storyline where someone goes out of their way to dig up his dark past and put it out to the public. I guess that is part of Black's mystique, though, which is not knowing much about his backstory and stuff. But I feel like that would allow Black to channel that true inner evilness that he seems to keep suppressed (sort of like Bálor as the Demon King).

One of my biggest issues with Black is that he doesn't show any sort of supernatural/dark tendencies aside from rising from the smoke during his entrance.

Yeah Black has never been supernatural lol. He has supernatural imagery, but that's it. It would *censored*ing suck if they have him start teleporting.

Also his match with Lars was dope. I forgot about the botch 2 seconds after it happened, I don't tend to dwell on those things too much. Not like the match lasted much longer after that anyway. Also is anyone sleepin' on Lars still? Cos ya'll need to pay attention to 5 star Lars.

I don't think Black has to be supernatural, but whenever I see him rise up from the smoke during his entrance, it's obviously giving the illusion that there's "something" about him - in which I feel like he could do more with his character, but not necessarily have him doing anything that's supernatural.

Just because he's practically unstoppable doesn't mean he can't take it a step further with mind games, especially if he isn't the most physically imposing dude to look at. His feud with Lars seemed like a good reason to get in his opponents head more than ever before because the size and power difference was completely glaring, and the story going in to the match was that Lars was the first person to deflect the Black Mass with ease. That in itself got in to Black's head, so I felt like he should have answered with some sort of mind *censored*ery before their match.

Can't think of anything that hasn't already been done before like the usual popping up out of the dark or w/e, which really isn't shit nowadays. And it doesn't have to be anything that's entrirely dark and supernatural.

I'm not trying to say that Black NEEDS to do more, but I'm just more so surprised that he hasn't by this point after being on the roster for a little over a year and being involved in high profile matches and stuff.

Yes, the mind games and shit with him rising up from the smoke during his entrance, back-flipping and sitting Indian-style in the ring during his matches and maintaining his zen in situations is cool an all, but I'm surprised it hasn't gone a bit beyond that because I've personally grown a bit tired of it at this point.

Like I mentioned before, in Black's feud with Lars for instance, I was expecting Black to implement more mind games than the usual stuff he did against his past opponents, cuz evidently it wasn't working all too well against a guy like Lars - in which I felt like Lars had Black beat both physically and mentally. Because of that, I was expecting Black to stray away from his usual mind game routine and take it up a notch for that one instance because of Lars seemingly being unphased.

I just want him to start wearing corpse paint again for his bigger matches.

Hmm idk about that tbh. Depends how they pull it off, because corpse paints looks cringey at the best of times.

I havent seen much from Keith Lee... but I'm so hyped for that dude.

and he has only been wrestling for a couple of years?

ofc it's way too early...but yeah I think he has a huge main roster star potential too. and not just as a "wrestler".

Archived