Has the broken gimmick lost all its momentum?

abhunter

Justin Barrasso of the site wrote, A contact within WWE reached out to inform Sports Illustrated that Hardy will be allowed a creative license by McMahon, who sees opportunity and the opportunity to cash in on a character that is already established.

Speaking of The Hardys, WWE is working on a 24 special about Matt & Jeffs return to the company. Reby Sky was interviewed for the piece and wrote the following on her Twitter account:
Matt will never get hired because of your mouth."

"WWE wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole."

Ok cool cool.

Source:http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/2017/12/06/matt-hardy-reportedly-creative-control-woken-gimmick/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the pedantic part MRN is moaning about is just someone like Lesnar will be able to choose his feuds or turn a loss into a win etc. Matt won't have that

But I mean having creative control over promos and stuff is still close enough. Harping on technical wording is dumb

Creative license and creative control are two very different things. Saying they're close enough is dumb.

Why don't you enlighten us on the difference instead of insulting people then, lol

That would require him making a sensible post for once, which obviously can't happen.

Creative license and creative control are two very different things. Saying they're close enough is dumb.

Why don't you enlighten us on the difference instead of insulting people then, lol

He's the one who said what I said was dumb and just because of this post I won't enlighten your ass.

Good point, my bad.

Creative control is Vince telling you 'go out there and lose to the Singhs' and you being contractually allowed to say 'nah, fam, I'm not doing that' and Vince can't do it. Creative license is pretty much just having more liberty with your character, promos, etc. It's probably nothing contractual, even.

WWE hasn't given anyone creative control since Bret Hart, I think. Might've been the only one to have contractually have it, too.

Pretty sure that when 99.99% of people talk about "creative control" in pro wrestling, they're talking about a gimmick and how it is portrayed. Which includes Vince saying "I want you to wear this panda suit" and you saying "Nah...I'm a badass...I don't wear panda suits". The bit about refusing certain losses is really something else entirely, IMO. That's less about creative, and more about just having earned enough long-time respect to demand victories.

Good point, my bad.

Creative control is Vince telling you 'go out there and lose to the Singhs' and you being contractually allowed to say 'nah, fam, I'm not doing that' and Vince can't do it. Creative license is pretty much just having more liberty with your character, promos, etc. It's probably nothing contractual, even.

WWE hasn't given anyone creative control since Bret Hart, I think. Might've been the only one to have contractually have it, too.

I dunno, Jinder seems to think otherwise.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/7/20/16003368/jinder-mahal-says-he-has-creative-control-over-wwe-character-vince-mcmahon-advice

Also, pretty sure Taker, Cena, Orton, Goldberg and even Roman etc have it. Lesnar said no to a feud with Shane cuz he couldn't be *censored*ed for example. Cena reverted losses to wins in the past, even for people that aren't him like Nikki.

According to WrestleTalk, Vince is "very high" on Matt and trusts him enough to give him "complete freedom" with the character. Although according to Meltzer, there is "definitely a ceiling on the push"

Thats fine. He doesnt need the world title lol.

Meltzer reckons it will be a "50 50 programme with Bray" at best. Personally I feel it's probably only until Jeff comes back, as WWE see him as the bigger star. So if they feud, Jeff's winning most likely.

Archived