Has the broken gimmick lost all its momentum?

abhunter

The broken Hardys were a gimmick that somehow captured lightning in a bottle. Due to its absolute absurdity, its definitely a gimmick that couldnt be replicated, now after months of it being teased and the Hardys sitting on it in legal battle, I fear that the hype and the desire for this gimmick is dead, and I feel that even if they do the broken give me now it wont have the Appeal it once did and I fear it wont be successful. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I hope Matt Hardy goes solo with the gimmick, and Jeff goes solo when he returns. The Hardyz as a Tag Team just seems like too much of a nostalgia act in 2017.

Have you seen their stuff as a tag team in 2017 before they returned to WWE? Anything but a nostalgia act...

Im talking about the Hardys in WWE, obviously.

But I hope Matt Hardy goes solo with the gimmick, and Jeff goes solo when he returns. The Hardyz as a Tag Team just seems like too much of a nostalgia act in 2017.

Have you seen their stuff as a tag team in 2017 before they returned to WWE? Anything but a nostalgia act...

Well that's dumb because you didn't see them doing the broken gimmick in the WWE. Obviously.

Well that's dumb because you didn't see them doing the broken gimmick in the WWE. Obviously.

The Brother Nero part of the Broken gimmick always felt unnecessary though, and that's when the whole thing got way over the top. Broken Matt is fine on his own...that's what TD is saying. Jeff can be a solo competitor as himself...Matt can be a solo performer as Broken Matt...and there is no reason to have them together as a tag team. Honestly, I agree. If these dudes are going out soon...then let them go out by accomplishing a little bit more on their own.

Hell...I wonder if Jeff can do Willow, now that Impact has this "Impact doesn't own any gimmicks" business. Never a big fan of Willow...but it might be something he wants to do.

If youd have quoted my entire first post instead of only half of it, youd realise that I said the Broken gimmick would freshen up The Hardyz in the WWE. But I would prefer them to go solo.

Perhaps put more effort into having good conversations, and less effort into trying to prove people wrong, k?

Eh, I was going to give an actual reply but whatever. Sure, sorry dude. You're right. Broken Hardys would be a nostalgia act.

I feel like maybe you know that youre no good at having conversations or debates with other people, so instead you just make up your own imaginary arguments in your head then pretend youre winning :lol:

Eh, I was going to give an actual reply but whatever. Sure, sorry dude. You're right. Broken Hardys would be a nostalgia act.

I feel like maybe you know that youre no good at having conversations or debates with other people, so instead you just make up your own imaginary arguments in your head then pretend youre winning :lol:

Sure.

MRN sucks sometimes but I agree with him here. The only Indy wrestling and TNA Ive watched this year (not including live stuff in Toronto) have been the Hardy tag matches.

In their current state in WWE, yeah. They blow. But before they came, the Hardys as a team were *censored*ing fun. So if WWE let them be how they were, they would be far from a nostalgia act.

Think it depends on how much reign WWE give Matt. If they keep the leash short and keep the character somewhat grounded i think it will fail. If they let him go full crazy the way TNA did i think it will be just as great. Like a big part as to why the gimmick worked was everything they did at the Hardy compound and i can't see WWE letting Hardy film a ton of backstage videos like that. Also hope they let him use the same theme song since Reby played it.

Archived