Getting a refund from Microsoft

maskedmaniac

Has anybody ever tried to get a refund for a digital game they bought on the MS store? I'm currently trying to get a refund for the first time ever and the virtual agent keeps telling me they are going to connect me with I presume a live agent but it never does. I'm on my third try now. I thought this new refund system was supposed to be like steams?

I think you need less than an hour to get a full refund.

Be careful, if a chargeback is issued your entire account will be banned for fraud/stealing. It's not really worth chasing a refund on either Sony or MS as there's a very high chance of losing your entire account. (which includes all games, DLC and achievements/trophies)

I think you need less than an hour to get a full refund.

Be careful, if a chargeback is issued your entire account will be banned for fraud/stealing. It's not really worth chasing a refund on either Sony or MS as there's a very high chance of losing your entire account. (which includes all games, DLC and achievements/trophies)

Thanks for the heads up. I had heard this before but I wanted to return the one game I bought (WWE 18) for $50 and then just return my XBOX 1, but I guess I'll be keeping it. I already have a PS4 ready to return, just not feeling consoles anymore and will probably upgrade to a monster gaming PC going forward, but given that I got my Xbox1 for $180 and a $25 gift card I don't lose much on it. $155 for a console aint bad at all. BS about their refund policies and getting banned for a common business practice.

They treat all chargebacks as fraud, as though you're stealing. There's no way to prove otherwise and they don't care really. If it was a refund from MS directly then I don't think it would be issued like that but even then, people have had it happen from that as well. I don't think it's worth it as one refund isn't worth the chance to lose so much.

You'll probably be fine but who knows. How much game time are you listed as having? that matters and you aint getting money back after a certain amount (which im pretty sure is 1 hour)

Archived