Kamala Currently On Life Support

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

xmo0BxQ.jpg

WWE.com has learned that WWE Legend Kamala (James Harris) is currently on life support after undergoing emergency surgery this past weekend.

His stepdaughter, Juanita James, provided his fans with an update on Facebook, saying:

"Please [pray] for my stepfather aka "Kamala" James Harris. [He] had emergency surgery this morning around 3 a.m. They didnt think he would make it out of surgery, but God. Hes on life support. His buddy Koko B. Ware is here."

WWE.com will continue to monitor this story and will provide more updates as they become available.

http://www.wwe.com/amp/article/kamala-undergoes-emergency-surgery

I never realized what a big name he was before the 1992 run with Undertaker (he was in the first ever casket match I believe). Anyway, hope he pulls a Ric Flair and comes through this.

We have a positive update on former WWE star James "Kamala" Harris.

Harris was taken off life support today and is, thankfully, now breathing on his own. Harris has been awake and alert enough to understand his family and doctors as he has been weaned off the medication he was on post-surgery, but has not been able to talk as there is still a tube in his mouth to assist him medically.

It is still going to be a long road ahead but today's events as a big step in the right direction.

Kamala's family sent along that they thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Source: PWInsider

Ill never forget going to a indy show and Kamala was there and mid-match he just grabbed the mic and randomly started singing a song from a album he was apparently putting out. Bizzare stuff.

:lol: Gotta love wrestling

I never realized what a big name he was before the 1992 run with Undertaker (he was in the first ever casket match I believe). Anyway, hope he pulls a Ric Flair and comes through this.

Weren't there like a bunch of different Kamlas in a lot of territories?

That's entirely possible.

Anyway, great to hear he's off life support.

Some may look back and say the Kamala character was racist, but I've always looked at it as an awesome character and a great portrayal by the man who was playing him.

Yeah but probably 80 percent of wrestling gimmicks could be accused of being racist. Different times.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived