#1 Aqfitz

Aqfitz

The Guru of Creativity

• Members
  • 8,561 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Aqfitz
  • Twitter: @aqfitz

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:40 AM

The Objectives go completely against any semblance of natural story telling. I'm doing the whole Bobby Roode thing at the start and get shoe horned into the storyline, but I totally don't want to win the title this early. I want to start out by jobbing. I've done that every time in past MyCareers. And now it's telling me I have to beat Roode for the damn title. Ugh. I hate it.

So I do the match in hopes that the Objectives are optional, and that completing them will net me some spare VC, so I go to the match and me and Roode have a 5 star match. A story even devolved where Roode was outsmarting the rookie. He was getting heat, I made a comeback, got cut off, few more hope spots, actual comeback, and right when I go to hit my finish, he reverses and Roode Bomb's me. 1.2.3. Welp. Now I gotta go back and do what the game wants me to. *Censored* Storytelling

Edited by Aqfitz, 17 November 2017 - 04:43 AM.

#2 Motor_City_Mayham

Motor_City_Mayham

Opener

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Dawk1996

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:15 AM

The Objectives go completely against any semblance of natural story telling. I'm doing the whole Bobby Roode thing at the start and get shoe horned into the storyline, but I totally don't want to win the title this early. I want to start out by jobbing. I've done that every time in past MyCareers. And now it's telling me I have to beat Roode for the damn title. Ugh. I hate it.

So I do the match in hopes that the Objectives are optional, and that completing them will net me some spare VC, so I go to the match and me and Roode have a 5 star match. A story even devolved where Roode was outsmarting the rookie. He was getting heat, I made a comeback, got cut off, few more hope spots, actual comeback, and right when I go to hit my finish, he reverses and Roode Bomb's me. 1.2.3. Welp. Now I gotta go back and do what the game wants me to. *Censored* Storytelling

I hate the ones that say you have to lose its dumb I shouldnt be forced to lose

#3 X-zero

X-zero

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:25 AM

The story in the last games was you were just a new person training to be a wrestler.This one you are a known indy person so it isn't really a nobody beating Roode.

I do hate how they force you to win or lose certain matches though. If the game isn't using voice acting then branching paths should be a thing.

#4 Mr.Dreadful

Mr.Dreadful

Legend

• Members
  • 8,595 posts
  • Gamertag: X360- GeneralLee0l (#0 and lowercase L)/X1- Dukesfan77

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

agreed. No Mercy64 was great for branching story paths

#5 Farfanoogin

Farfanoogin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 18,410 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:53 PM

To be fair no mercy had a you had a win objectives to

#6 Queen Stephanie

Queen Stephanie

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,224 posts
  • Gamertag: SixthWeasley

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

It really should branch.

But you know what I hate? That you get like, no recognition from announcers. In previous ones you were at least talked about. But we should have special chatter from the announcers...new guy wins NXT title quickly, etc. It kinda takes you out of it when you don't hear the announcers talking about your accomplishments, or the BS you're going through, or how you might have come up from being NXT champ to suddenly losing all these matches.

#7 LetterPro

LetterPro

Jobber

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

My bigger complaint is how quickly the storyline throws you into situations where your meager ability scores are pushed hard to be competitive with guys who are highly ranked, and how hard it is to get ability points built up. (Not to mention the limited move selection...) 

#8 Queen Stephanie

Queen Stephanie

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,224 posts
  • Gamertag: SixthWeasley

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

My bigger complaint is how quickly the storyline throws you into situations where your meager ability scores are pushed hard to be competitive with guys who are highly ranked, and how hard it is to get ability points built up. (Not to mention the limited move selection...) 

And the fact that it COSTS VC to use your earned ability points, and VC is so hard to earn this year.

#9 LetterPro

LetterPro

Jobber

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:46 PM

And the fact that it COSTS VC to use your earned ability points, and VC is so hard to earn this year.

Yeah, that too. Was saving up for a loot box, but no, now I've gotta equip my ability points... I'm going to be wearing jeans and a t-shirt forever and wrestling the most uninteresting matches.