James Ellsworth released

kidd0

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised by the amount of negative comments here, Ellsworth could work both face and heel pretty well IMO. I don't get how someone could hate him.

I understand that, but then again Emma worked great as a heel, and when she was released it was almost all sadness. I was referring to the comments like "good riddance" and "about time".

^Nice.

Someone had to.

Nah seriously he's had the year of his life out of a chance appearance as a victim in a squash match. Yeah it's sad that it's over - but this one year has probably punched his ticket to any indy promotion or event he'd like for the rest of that career. I'm sure he'd tell you that was beyond his wildest dreams.

Plus there really wasn't much more for him - he was basically a human dog at the end. He'll be okay - and to be fair he probably knew the writing was on the wall for him, or at least an extension was unlikely.

He was fun for a while, but ran his course. Happy he got to live his dream for a while, he had a WWE title match, appeared at WrestleMania, beat AJ Styles...dude did a lot of things he probably never even dreamed of. I feel his act was dry as of late, so I'm content with this, he's heading out with a lot more name value than just one short year ago.

Another proof how bad the Creatives in the wwe are.

This guy could work anything they throwed at him and was entertaining.

As a face one wanted to give him a hug and as a heel everyone wanted to Punch him in the face. :P

Only two things I disliked in his booking:

- the Money in the bank controversy that ruined the Moment of the first ever women ladder match in the wwe

- the dog thing they pulled with him I disliked cause it was really cringeworthy, respectless and not needed at all.

He was fun for a while, but ran his course. Happy he got to live his dream for a while, he had a WWE title match, appeared at WrestleMania, beat AJ Styles...dude did a lot of things he probably never even dreamed of. I feel his act was dry as of late, so I'm content with this, he's heading out with a lot more name value than just one short year ago.

Agreed. Although they probably could've gotten even more out of him, had they pushed through on the controversy after Carmella won MITB originally, instead of trying to rectify it. They had something golden there.

Falls into the same box as Hornswoggle for me, nothing against the guy - and he never outright sucked in terms of performance, but the character has a very limited window before it becomes annoying. To me that actually happened halfway through the AJ Styles stuff, they could have used him much better as a host or non wrestling / valet role. He'd have been a huge hit with the charities and the kids groups WWE work with for example - as he seems like a nice and personable guy.

Was never forced as much as Hornswoggle though, he was unbearable. As with Ellsworth the stuff with Carmella at the end smacked of humiliating James and seeing how low they could get him to go. Hell even at times JBL's commentary was very near the knuckle.

Archived