Dana Brooke

Caws.ws Resident Cowboy

She is good in promos, can put up decent to good matches and can work her characters.

Her booking is however horrible which isn't anything new for the wwe since more than half of their women are being booked badly.

They missed out from putting her back together with Emma after Emmas return since their stable were working very good and their chemistry was on the Money.

Instead they kept her as a face jobber instead of the heel jobber she was when she was valeting while taking pins of Charlotte.

In the raw before she was a face and now all of sudden she is heel only so she can be feed to Asuka next.

If they go that way I hope it won't be a Squash match but rather one in which she can Show that she can work well even with someone like Asuka.

As to the People that compare her with Emma I can only say that they are not comparable.

Different Backgrounds, different experiences, different types of characters. Emma was already rocking the Indies before she came to the wwe while Dana is a "homegrown" talent that learned some Wrestling in the PC.

Promos are literally her weakest point. She has the fakest voice on the entire roster.

Fakest voice? O_o

I think that many male and female Superstars are struggling with the promos due to the weak writing of the lines they are supposed to say but fakest voice is new to me. :P

I went with what she was delivering down in NXT though cause on the main roster she never really got any real promos, just a few backstage stuff that were cringeworthy for the most part due to the writing rather then her or others.

Fakest voice as in terrible acting and delivery. And I watched her in NXT, her promos there were awful. Her voice felt forced and unnatural (after watching the NXT docs, turns out it really is the way she talks, and it's just plastic and terrible).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a couple months ago on Raw Fallout they teased Dana possibly joining Titus Worldwide. Titus wanted to see her become "Country Strong," whatever that means lol. They seem to have dropped it when her boyfriend unfortunately passed away, but I wouldn't mind them possibly revisiting that in the future.

I like Dana heaps, mostly due to how well she came across on breaking ground or whatever that show was called. Plus she also had a real good match with Asuka that showed the potential is there. Think she just needs more time in the ring with good talent. Its not like she's Lana. She seems more capable. The whole Emma sidekick was the perfect role, I was loving it when she was called up for that but then due to Emma being injured they put her with Charlotte and it didn't work out quite so well. They didn't have as good chemistry and Dana positioned more as the fall person most the time.

@Saturi

Watched half of the Nia Jax match and I was literally laughing at it. What's even more laughable is that you find a 5 minute match where half of it is a rest spot between two clearly green women a good match. Wonder if you'd say the same if it was between two guys...

The Asuka match was a 5 minute squash so forgettable I literally had forgotten it happened. By far Asuka's worse Takeover match.

The segment was a great promo, I'll give you that. Just kidding, it was a decent segment but barely even qualifies as a promo.

@Starstruck

They have to be if you enjoy non-Japanese female promotions that much.

:shifty:

Well considering she was fighting against Nia Jax that were mainly squashing everyone, it was indeed one of the better matches against her. The match with Asuka Shows the potential dana has and it wasn't entirely a Squash. For someone that was THAT green at that time she kept up very well in Terms of selling, positioning, Speed and delivery.

Just a question since you Keep bringing that up with an undertone:

what are you doing under the wwe female based topics considering you obviously don't like no japanese female promotions?

Why do you even watch their matches then?

Just wondering why someone would waste their time on something they don't care about anyway. :P

@Counting Lights

Thanks for the Explanation. :)

@Saturi

Watched half of the Nia Jax match and I was literally laughing at it. What's even more laughable is that you find a 5 minute match where half of it is a rest spot between two clearly green women a good match. Wonder if you'd say the same if it was between two guys...

The Asuka match was a 5 minute squash so forgettable I literally had forgotten it happened. By far Asuka's worse Takeover match.

The segment was a great promo, I'll give you that. Just kidding, it was a decent segment but barely even qualifies as a promo.

Well considering she was fighting against Nia Jax that were mainly squashing everyone, it was indeed one of the better matches against her. The match with Asuka Shows the potential dana has and it wasn't entirely a Squash. For someone that was THAT green at that time she kept up very well in Terms of selling, positioning, Speed and delivery.

what are you doing under the wwe female based topics considering you obviously don't like no japanese female promotions?

Just wondering why someone would waste their time on something they don't care about anyway. :P

I asked you for a good Dana Brooke match (which you said she was capable of having) not for a match in which she showed potential or a better than average (for Nia Jax of all people) squash match.

I didn't know WWE was a female wrestling promotion. I like Asuka, I like Charlotte, I like Becky, I like Sasha, I like Bayley, I like Carmella. Where is the contradiction in my posts? And it's funny that you bring that up because you're constantly bitching about Vince but still watch WWE.

@Saturi

I asked you for a good Dana Brooke match (which you said she was capable of having) not for a match in which she showed potential or a better than average (for Nia Jax of all people) squash match.

I didn't know WWE was a female wrestling promotion. I like Asuka, I like Charlotte, I like Becky, I like Sasha, I like Bayley, I like Carmella. Where is the contradiction in my posts? And it's funny that you bring that up because you're constantly bitching about Vince but still watch WWE.

It wasn't a attack to you. Was honestly curious and wondering why you are watching female matches in the wwe programming since you kept using the "no japanese Promotion" in Connection with female talent that's all. :)

For the wwe standards compared to other promotions and with all the moveset restrictions included, she was allowed to do more in these matches and show that she can go if given the opportunity. The booking was obvious but the selling, in ring psychology and everything else was on point. That's why I considered these matches of hers good compared to others she had.

Yeah they weren't Charlotte vs Sasha matches but they are also totally differently booked, got tons of opportunities and Sasha has also experience prior to the wwe, while Charlotte were pushed to the moon which allows her to do more aswell.

So like I said before, the potential to grow and get better is there, they just need to pull the Trigger Terms of booking, moveset and give her some more time in the performance Center.

Same goes for Carmella in my opinion.

As about Vince: yeah I'm bitching at times about him because he is ruining the booking often by reversing decisions in the last second (like the hell in a cell match between sasha vs charlotte with the ruined finish) or trying to put gimmicks on persons that doesn't fit the role at all (Emmalina). Find it also stupid of him not wanting SD having any credibility because Raw is his "Baby", even both Shows are his companies.

If they were my Shows I would love both Shows to do well and would do everything in my power to let the talents (male and female) grow and deliver to get the viewers hooked instead of bitching around when the so called "B Show" in his eyes does better at times then Raw, trying to bury my "B Show" in PPVs like the upcoming SS.

I hope I'm wrong though and that we will get a very enjoyable ppv to watch this sunday instead of a "Raw takes it all" one.

@Saturi

It wasn't a attack to you. Was honestly curious and wondering why you are watching female matches in the wwe programming since you kept using the "no japanese Promotion" in Connection with female talent that's all. :)

For the wwe standards compared to other promotions and with all the moveset restrictions included, she was allowed to do more in these matches and show that she can go if given the opportunity. The booking was obvious but the selling, in ring psychology and everything else was on point. That's why I considered these matches of hers good compared to others she had.

Damn, you sure like to go on tangents...

First of all, I said the Japanese promotions thing once and it was for a joke.

And again, I didn't ask you to show me a good Dana Brooke match compared to others she had. If all her matches had been duds and one was a 1/4 star match I wouldn't say that one was good. And the moveset restritction excuse is laughable, sorry.

Okay Ive had enough. You know nothing about Vince. Nothing. Youre a dude on the internet. Nothing more. Just stop.

Unless youre personal friends with talent, stop assuming you know them. This is by far one of the worst traits of the IWC.

You can say maybe this, maybe that and speculate but the bottom line Saturi is that you know nothing about Vince. Absolutely nothing.

@Saturi

And again, I didn't ask you to show me a good Dana Brooke match compared to others she had. If all her matches had been duds and one was a 1/4 star match I wouldn't say that one was good. And the moveset restritction excuse is laughable, sorry.

It's not a excuse, it's a fact. If you are in the role of a jobber with barely any offence you won't do anything besides like a elbow Smash and a few strikes.

If you watch her match against Nia in which she is allowed to do more she does far more many moves then she did in her "apprentice" type of matches.

Check how fluid and well she sold Billie Kays move at 0:22 even she was very green at that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkA-v0Flqp0

She is capable of more.

I would had showed you a better match but unfortunately all her matches she is either jobbing or gets squashed without getting any real offence so it's very hard to find one she isn't just selling the offence of the others before she get's floored and pinned. :P

She had like two wins so far on the main roster in very short matches and they were decent.

Okay Ive had enough. You know nothing about Vince. Nothing. Youre a dude on the internet. Nothing more. Just stop.

Unless youre personal friends with talent, stop assuming you know them. This is by far one of the worst traits of the IWC.

You can say maybe this, maybe that and speculate but the bottom line Saturi is that you know nothing about Vince. Absolutely nothing.

I don't have to know someone personally to know how he ticks, Most of all when many Insiders that are working close with him and several valid reports confirmed all this through the years.

I don't have to know someone personally to know how he ticks, Most of all when many Insiders that are working close with him and several valid reports confirmed all this through the years.

Yes, you really do. Insiders, reporters, they're all journalists, and they're all looking to overblow things and get headlines. You know what we know about Vince? He's stubborn and he loves what he does. Those are the two things that people who say positive and negative things about him both agree on. We know nothing about what "makes him tick".

@Saturi

It's not a excuse, it's a fact. If you are in the role of a jobber with barely any offence you won't do anything besides like a elbow Smash and a few strikes.

If you watch her match against Nia in which she is allowed to do more she does far more many moves then she did in her "apprentice" type of matches.

I would had showed you a better match but unfortunately all her matches she is either jobbing or gets squashed without getting any real offence so it's very hard to find one she isn't just selling the offence of the others before she get's floored and pinned. :P

It is an excuse, you're implying it's impossible to have good matches with the WWE moveset restriction and that's lunatic. Some of the best matches of the year had 0 WWE banned moves. And besides the moves you do are just a small part of a what makes a good match. I just recently watched the Roddy Piper vs Jack Brisco match on the Hidden Gems thing the WWE Network has and that match was wrestled around a *censored*ing headlock.

And in the second paragraph you're pretty much admiting what you should've a long time ago and that's that Dana has never had a good singles match.

Yes, you do. You dont know how he ticks. Hell, you sound like an imbecile even suggesting you do tbh.

Sure, there are some accounts by former or current wrestlers and writers that are fairly accurate but a lot of good is said about the guy as well.

I never said he is entirely bad, I just mentioned things he already did and is known for doing and not only through journalists, wrestlers or ex- wrestlers but also by People that know him and work with him for decades already and still do that said These Things in interviews.

Bad wording on my part saying "ticks" maybe but not entirely inaccurate either.

Besides this is my opinion from what I have seen through the years and what was said and reported about him aswell.

If you have a other opinion about him then so be it.

@counting lights this Reply goes to you too.

It is an excuse, you're implying it's impossible to have good matches with the WWE moveset restriction and that's lunatic. Some of the best matches of the year had 0 WWE banned moves. And besides the moves you do are just a small part of a what makes a good match. I just recently watched the Roddy Piper vs Jack Brisco match on the Hidden Gems thing the WWE Network has and that match was wrestled around a *censored*ing headlock.

And in the second paragraph you're pretty much admiting what you should've a long time ago and that's that Dana has never had a good singles match.

Never talked about banned moves, you missunderstood me on that.

We all know that moveset restrictions are applied in the wwe (some have more than others) but I think we can all admit that in a Squash match in which you are allowed to do like two punches before you get pinned, you can't showcase much of you except of only selling the opponents moves. That's what I meant. We can't expect a 5 stars match out of a Squash match because it's not possible.

As about matches, I showed you examples that were decent enough and compared to the Squash Matches she gets booked into "good". If you have a different opinion then so be it.

Have a great evening and thanks for the talk.

As about matches, I showed you examples that were decent enough and compared to the Squash Matches she gets booked into "good". If you have a different opinion then so be it.

And again, I didn't ask you to show me a good Dana Brooke match compared to others she had. If all her matches had been duds and one was a 1/4 star match I wouldn't say that one was good.

The fact that you had to type it as "good" says it all, really.

"Solid"...boobs?

Moving that image right out of my mind...

I like Dana Brooke. Always have. She might not be the best, but she's decent...and she's way better than someone like Alicia Fox. I wish she would do more of her capoeira stuff in the ring, because her entrance is the coolest thing about her. If she can do maneuvers like that...then she should be doing it in the ring.

Archived