Dana Brooke

Caws.ws Resident Cowboy

One of the many botched NXT callups that doesn't get mentioned is Dana Brooke, I thoought she had a huge upside and that's all but been squandered.
Hear me out.
1. She has a amazing look. She has managed to hit that perfect medium between being gorgeous and looking like a legit threat. She legitimally looks like she could dominate the women's division. She also looks like she'd be right at home on the cover of magazines and promotional material.
2. She has a cool theme. Granted entrance music can't completely make you, but it certainly could break you. Would Brock Lesnar be as of a imidating force if he didn't have cool music? Another example is Shinsuke Nakamura. Him having such a memorable theme song provided the perfect "in' to those unfamiliar with his work. Dana's entrance theme screams top babyface to me,
3. The elephant in the room. As it has been said numerous times in the past, She's not very good in the ring, but while in NXT she was getting better. If she was given more time to develop, I think she could have developed into a competent performer.One could look to her social media to see that she has a strong work ethic, and that is the most important factor in getting better. Sure she's been called clumsy, but I remember the same being said about John Cena when he first started and look how that turned out
With all that being said, she's still young and has all the tools it takes to be the next big thing in the woman's division

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never liked her since day one on NXT. Can't stand her and find her looks overrated. If she were to be released tomorrow, I would wave good bye because there's just nothing I like about her. I find her and Alicia Fox as the weakest link in every aspect!

That's just me though

Valid, but you can't argue that she doesnt have the look that WWE loves, plus she has that body building credentials that even widens her appeal

Dana Brooke was simply called up way too early, although she was immeditaey paired with Emma, who is obviously levels above her. The circumstances surrounding Emma's injury is the one thing that I believe truly *censored*ed things up for Dana. Because of Emma being out of action, she was put w/ Charlotte instead - and those two hardly had any chemistry with one another compared to her and Emma down in NXT.

Dana Brooke has a great look and she seems to have personality and the ability to cut a really solid promo from what I remember seeing down in NXT. The only big hinderance with Dana is her ring ability. She's probabaly the greenest female in the whole division right now.

I also love her theme, too - it just screams top star to me. Sadly, she's far from being anything close to that at the moment.

I felt Dana Brooke had the potential to become a Trish Stratus-esque talent, being brought in based on her look, but athletic enough to make huge leaps within the system.

As said before, the Emma-injury made it so much tougher on her, but in general, I think she got brought up too early. Also, maybe I overrated her potential, because most of it was based on the very athletic no hands cartwheel-flip she does during her entrance. I assumed she was an athletic freak because of that.

But we have Bianca Belair in NXT who had little experience, is athletically gifted and picked things up so much more quicker than Dana Brooke, even when I look at her NXT-time only. So she doesn't pick things up as quickly as others with similar backgrounds it seems. Or Bianca is the anomaly. But either way, she's not good at all in the ring and doesn't seem to be improving. She either needs to get sent back if you still believe she can be of good value to the women's division or just release her if you believe she can't. Either way, this limbo-position she's in now, is of no good to anyone.

Theres no upside to Dana Brooke at all. She sucks in the ring, she doesnt really have a great look (theres nothing that sets her apart from anyone else), and she has the most AIDs enducing voice Ive ever heard. I actually couldnt listen to her promos in NXT and glad theyve kept her far away from the mic since her call up.

I used to think she had the perfect prototypical look for WWE but not after she got called up. Shes too small. And I understand Bliss is small, but it works for her. That isnt supposed to be Brooke and it doesnt click imo.

I dont think its comparable to small Indy guys either.

Archived