All Future WWE Games to Include Micro Transactions

God of Lightning

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to freak out or go into a rage like some of you until I know what's officially happening. If it's for exclusive items then yeah I'll understand this type of reaction but if it's paying to get items faster, Won't see the big deal as people will get those items soon enough anyway and so they can pay if they want.

I still enjoy games with microtransactions such as GTA V Online and Free to Play games and I don't use transactions. Maybe I will with new wwe games as well. Guess it depends

into a rage of freak out like some of you. This is the stupid shit Im talking about. Like people dont have a damn right to be upset. Really irritating. But its youre right. Im out though,

If they used it to add bonus content on top of what starts in the game, then I'm cool with it. I play WWE Champions on my phone, and I'd love them to start offering alternate gimmicks and attires for a small fee. Get Seth Rollins NXT gear for a quid or something? hell yeah.

If as others have said, it's used to limit what's on disk at start (creation options etc) then that's something that I wouldn't be happy with. However 2K and Take Two can pretty much do whatever they want - we can voice our displeasure, and I'm sure we would - but 2K has NO obligation to provide us with anything.

They are a company, and they provide a product. Either it's a product you're prepared to buy, or it isn't. The only "obligation" I would say they and any videogame company have is to make sure the game works and is as advertised. That's it.

Not going to freak out or go into a rage like some of you until I know what's officially happening. If it's for exclusive items then yeah I'll understand this type of reaction but if it's paying to get items faster, Won't see the big deal as people will get those items soon enough anyway and so they can pay if they want.

I still enjoy games with microtransactions such as GTA V Online and Free to Play games and I don't use transactions. Maybe I will with new wwe games as well. Guess it depends

into a rage of freak out like some of you. This is the stupid shit Im talking about. Like people dont have a damn right to be upset. Really irritating. But its youre right. Im out though,

Yeah you have a right but why not reserve that anger and decide to get out when you know exactly how it'll work? This can go so bad but it can also go passable

People are over reacting over nothing. It will be the next best thing which will happen for WWE games, next to the 2K taking over the franchise.

WWE2K15 was superb

WWE2K16 was amazing

WWE2K17 was extraordinary

WWE2K18 is a master piece

WWE2K19 will be a cult classic

I know this isn't your true feelings as you have bashed 2K before.

Just ignore the troll everyone, this is clearly the only place he gets attention.

Anyway, I'm really 50/50 on how this could go. If they just keep this to MyPlayer fine, I won't touch the mode, but if they try forving it into anything like Universe or the creation suite they can *Censored* right off with that shit.

Calm down guys. Next year will bring new era in WWE games.

You will only pay for the base game with around 50 characters in the game, and if you want to add new characters or caw parts then you can buy them for 3$ each or some price. As most of us don't play with all the characters or all the match types in the game or we don't use all the caw parts in the game, it will do lot of good for us as 2K will work hard on the game and will produce another glitchless game.

So, in general we can only pay for the base game, and there will be no deluxe edition and we can get rest of the 100+ characters, moves, caws and match types by micro transactions. We can buy the superstars with whomever we are going to play. It will take 2K games in the new direction and pay for what you play. I hope it will be the theme of the game.

Yeah if this is just My Career or whatever it's called, then it'll be easy enough for me to ignore. But if this crap seeps into the creation suite or replaces the accelerator, then *censored* the whole lot of em.

Not sure what's going on with the obvious trolling attempt, and to austin saying this is just speculation...Or at least that's what I think he's saying; they said ALL of their games. WWE games are a part of that all.

Just ignore the troll everyone, this is clearly the only place he gets attention.

Anyway, I'm really 50/50 on how this could go. If they just keep this to MyPlayer fine, I won't touch the mode, but if they try forving it into anything like Universe or the creation suite they can *Censored* right off with that shit.

The only real trouble is, that there is no viable alternative to the annual WWE game. Not in terms of graphical presentation (before Fire Pro fans lynch me) - if FIFA sucks then you can go to PES, if you don't like Gran Tourismo, then there's other driving games.

If you want a wrestling game right now, it's either 2K or no way.

The only real trouble is, that there is no viable alternative to the annual WWE game. Not in terms of graphical presentation (before Fire Pro fans lynch me) - if FIFA sucks then you can go to PES, if you don't like Gran Tourismo, then there's other driving games.

That is why if we want a change stand up and vote with your money by either buying it or not or start supporting any outside wrestling game that is out there which I know is very limited but every once and a while one comes along.

But you actually really do have an option, that is you don't have to buy the newest WWE every year. I feel like I don't really need 2k18 as 2k17 is pretty similar, given a few tweaks here and there. Much like Madden you can skip a couple of games here and there and you'd still have a similar style game, albeit a year or two older. And with the PC version it's even better because you can just port over the newer wrestlers to the older games.

I havent played MyCareer past winning the NXT title because not having access to everything in the Creation Suite was driving me insane. The fact that it could take me hundreds of loot crates before I get the hairstyle that I want just makes it not worth it to me.

I hope they get what theyre after.

Seriously man it seems like they're making it impossible to unlock everything by playing the game and forcing people to pay for unlock all and such. At least in exhibition matches, I would get maybe 250 vc for a 6 minute match. That means I'd have to play maybe 6 or 7 matches to get 3000 and unlock one guy. There's like 50 legends to unlock. Too much.

I just always get the accelerator and so never looked at the VC prices for unlockables. If they remove accelerator, I'd defiently be mighty pissed!

I like career and don't mind how it was done for this game and if they actually add microtransactions for it, starting with 2k19 but the game in general would be a massive no no as it doesn't work as well here.

I don't know about NBA 2K but Rockstar pulled it off well enough in GTA V because it works for that game. however, exclusive tempting items would be shit here because most of the best stuff wouls likely be behind the pay wall like attire templates of legends not in the game or non wwe wrestlers caw items.

Can already imagine WWE Shop Cards, inspired by GTA's Shark Cards or next year's Red Dead 2's Bonds

I just hope NJPW would get someone to continue making Wrestle Kingdom games. NJPW had one wrestling game made, but apparently it didn't sell enough. However, now that their popularity is probably at it's highest, why not give it another shot?

I just hope NJPW would get someone to continue making Wrestle Kingdom games. NJPW had one wrestling game made, but apparently it didn't sell enough. However, now that their popularity is probably at it's highest, why not give it another shot?

Wasn't that a mobile game though?

No it was released for PS2 and Xbox 360, looking at it's wikipedia page. And it was developed AND published by Yuke's, somehow....

No it was released for PS2 and Xbox 360, looking at it's wikipedia page. And it was developed AND published by Yuke's, somehow....

OH, I thought you were referring to that recent mobile game from 2 or 3 years ago, my bad.

Wasn't that console game only released in Japan? I remember getting excited for it when I saw screencaps of it and read a little article but turned out to be a Japanese console game exclusive.

I like wwe2k18 but sure wish the new Fire Pro game was on Xbox One.

A Lucha Underground or Indy wrestling circuit game would be so fantastic. As well as my idea of an unlicensed wrestling game that is basically wrestling creation suite the game

Archived