All Future WWE Games to Include Micro Transactions

God of Lightning

If they did all that Micro transaction stuff for MyCareer and Road to Glory I couldn't care less but if they did stuff like that for CAW Mode and such I'd be done with the series. Imagine playing a Wrestling Video game, creating people and then you have to buy a hairstyle or a move as you are doing it. That would be trash.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be a familiar transition to GTA players, and fans of Red Dead Redemption (as IGN also fears will get a similar treatment).

Theyve done away with DLC, in favor of micro transactions instead. Sadly, theyve already said that GTA V will not be receiving any DLC.

While it sucks we didn't get any single player dlc for GTAV, the microtransactions actually were a great thing for that game as it led to constant free online content.

If WWE2K adopted a similar model of VC cash cards to purchase things for their MyPlayer or crib (something that would probably work in their favor if it was brought back to the series) it would hopefully lead to regular updates of new attires and whatnot as well as more in the way of patches if it did well.

Can someone explain microtransactions to me please? I'm not familiar with the concept.

Microtransactions are a Business Model where users can purchase virtual goods via micropayments on a online or in game shop for a game.

As example: you buy wwe2k19 as a game

Within the game you have a Option "Shop" and depending on what they want to make available to buy, you have categories like:

- Creation Suit parts (you can buy extra hair, extra tops and so on...)

- Characters (you can buy additional wrestlers for your roster)

- Arenas (Extra Arenas you will have to pay for)

- Extra Moves

- Extra Entrances

- Extra Music tracks

- Extra Game Modes

and so on....

One the one side it is positive compared to DLC packs you are partially forced to buy as a whole pack no matter if you are actually interested to buy only one wrestler from the pack or not cause you can selectively buy the character you want from the shop like(as example):

If I want only Ruby Riot from the DLC pass, I can buy only her for the Price of 2$ she would cost alone instead of having to pay the full Price of 10$ of all 5 available characters in the pack even I know the other 4 will just be in the game but I will never use them.

Same goes with move packs from which I might want only like 2 moves out of 20 or so which will definately cost me less than buying a pack that contents like 10 slightly different ddts (just as example) or something that I don't wanna have at all.

On the other Hand though it depends on the pricing of the things available.

I think they will drop the whole Season Pass and DLCs and go with a full shop that will content things we would had otherwise gotten as DLC and cheaper with a season pass.

So it depends on how they will handle the shop and how high the prices will be.

As long as we don't know further Details we can't tell if it will turn out to be positive or negative.

WOW!!!

2K always takes decisions which will make WWE games great. I wholeheartedly support this amazing decision from 2K. Its best for the business and gaming. 2K keep on rocking and make WWE games great again.

Here is what the CEO of Take-Two said.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/01/take-two-ceo-talks-about-rockstar-games-microtransactions-and-more/

I love this quote which sums up how I feel about 2K18 and all the bugs...

'Think about it anecdotallywhen you paid a little too much for something, even if it was something really good, it really irks you. Paying too much for something bad is even worse. Paying too much for something really good, even if you can afford it, just leaves you with a bad feeling. We dont want our consumers to ever feel that way.'

Ah, so it will actually happen. I knew those loot boxes weren't there just for nothing, they were there as a experiment. I already have kinda decided that 2k18 was my last WWE game, but if this becomes reality then 2k18 most definitely was my last WWE game.

Again it speculation not confirm at all that wwe games will have it

This will be a familiar transition to GTA players, and fans of Red Dead Redemption (as IGN also fears will get a similar treatment).

Theyve done away with DLC, in favor of micro transactions instead. Sadly, theyve already said that GTA V will not be receiving any DLC.

While it sucks we didn't get any single player dlc for GTAV, the microtransactions actually were a great thing for that game as it led to constant free online content.

If WWE2K adopted a similar model of VC cash cards to purchase things for their MyPlayer or crib (something that would probably work in their favor if it was brought back to the series) it would hopefully lead to regular updates of new attires and whatnot as well as more in the way of patches if it did well.

Yet gta does get dlc and it free there updates no matter how u call it is dlc

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/01/take-two-ceo-talks-about-rockstar-games-microtransactions-and-more/

'Think about it anecdotallywhen you paid a little too much for something, even if it was something really good, it really irks you. Paying too much for something bad is even worse. Paying too much for something really good, even if you can afford it, just leaves you with a bad feeling. We dont want our consumers to ever feel that way.'

Whatever 2K does is the best interest of the game. I don't care how buggy the game is, I am enjoying it a lot even though its broken. 2K are way better than THQ and will release patches on regular basis. 2K wwe games are not glitchy.

Whatever 2K does is the best interest of the game. I don't care how buggy the game is, I am enjoying it a lot even though its broken. 2K are way better than THQ and will release patches on regular basis. 2K wwe games are not glitchy.

After this comment you totally lost me. :P

Please go and check the bugs and glitches thread.

Again it speculation not confirm at all that wwe games will have it

LMAO @ Farfanoogin. I was like "WTF is this computer doing right now? Randomizing names?"

“We aim to have recurrent consumer spending options for every title that we put out at this company. It may not always be an online model. It probably won’t always be a virtual currency model, but there’ll be some ability to engage on an ongoing basis with our titles after release across the board.”

How is that not confirmation? Well, you could say that it's not confirmation if you say they simply "aim" to do it and talk is cheap. But it's totally their intention to add this format to all of their games.

I get why micro-transactions bug people to no end but it's not all bad all the time. In the online environment, yes it could be damaging. In the off-line, fine, just as long as these aren't items you can't earn in-game. A few here and there are alright, but anything of that nature in the on-line environment would have to be strictly cosmetic. And if this plan causes them to ditch the season pass in favor of the constant content updating like GTA Online (harder to do, sure, especially with GTAO having a 4 year life now as opposed to the 2k annuals) because the microtransactions are covering the bill, that's a win.

I could see them doing something with Borderlands where you run out of ammo and can buy supply drops on the fly. I don't really see the harm in something like that outside of PvP, which they should ban outright imo

Not going to freak out or go into a rage like some of you until I know what's officially happening. If it's for exclusive items then yeah I'll understand this type of reaction but if it's paying to get items faster, Won't see the big deal as people will get those items soon enough anyway and so they can pay if they want.

I still enjoy games with microtransactions such as GTA V Online and Free to Play games and I don't use transactions. Maybe I will with new wwe games as well. Guess it depends

Archived