All Future WWE Games to Include Micro Transactions

God of Lightning

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no.... this could be a potential breaking point for me. Ive bought every NBA 2k game since 2k11 and I haven't this year with no regrets because of the *censored*ing micro transactions and VC bullshit.

Im fine with the Season Pass, but anything more than that which takes up my free time will make me seriously reconsider. No joke.

Soooo according to that video (if it plays out like he said it more than likely will) then you will only really pay if you, in effect, want to cheat by just paying for VC which then can be used to unlock stuff. The VC will be able to be earned through the game anyway, so provided it stays that way, I aint bothered.

If it turns out you HAVE to spend money to unlock certain characters in a game youve already paid for then thats pretty shit.

They could be really smart with this and maybe use it to build a solid base game, maybe every 3/4 years (like The Sims for example) and use DLC / Microtransations to basically update the game with wrestlers and arenas etc. If THAT was the case Id be more than happy to pay a bit every now and then to keep my game updated and not have to fork out a load of money every year for a game thats glitchy

Okay one the topic titles clickbait as hell this is just assuming nothing has been proven 100% that that's what's going to happen

They have the system in WWE 2K18 but doesn't involve real cash. What makes you think they won't eventually do it? Probably a reason why they make VC takes long to gain to make people want the option to pay for it in the future. All part of the plan.

Saw this bullshit coming a while back. Look at other 2K games, like the NBA series, GTA, Evolve, etc. This was inevitable. They're just as bad as EA, and the customers are the ones who will suffer as a result.

Hopefully their earnings reports will take a hit as well, if they do in fact go in that direction.

If they limit the creation suite and unlockables behind a pay-wall, then they can get *censored*ed. One would hope they would be more sensible and relate a bit to the consumer, but the corporate execs sitting in board rooms are more concerned with their quarterly and annual earnings.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

If the current, massive disparity between CAWs in Road to Glory is any indicator, I don't see online doing too well in the next years. People will undoubtedly buy their way to the top, to the point where people give up playing the mode and stick with Private Matches.

Once again, speculation at it's finest and call it fact in a video title. Bam, views.

I want to add to this by saying, I seen this coming years ago. I think most games will. They see dollar signs and will of course jump on the train.

Us as consumers has to not buy into it. Yet telling people what to do with their hard earned money isn't my stance either.

This will be a familiar transition to GTA players, and fans of Red Dead Redemption (as IGN also fears will get a similar treatment).

Theyve done away with DLC, in favor of micro transactions instead. Sadly, theyve already said that GTA V will not be receiving any DLC, and look at how this year we are seeing the lowest amount of DLC content released for a WWE 2K game, while still charging $40 for less content.

While it may be premature to jump to any conclusions, I would still approach the parent companies most recent strategies as trends that future releases may see.

Archived