Annoying and Arbitrary CAW Mode Restrictions

God of Lightning

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being able to make proper super heavyweight CAW's like Yokozuna or Big Daddy V if you want to. That really annoys me.

Yeah, I was trying to make a caw a similar size to Earthquake and Typhoon but can't get anywhere close.

The one that annoys me is that with certain hats / headwear - you can pretty much only have the Bret Hart sunglasses out of the "glasses" option.

This is somewhat related to caw mode, but I hate how you have to have certain characters unlocked or DLC purchased to be able to preview some caws on CC. I've used vc to purchase someone I don't even want to play as just to be able to download a caw that turns out to be total crap. Most annoying thing I've come across on the newer games so far.

Not being able to make proper super heavyweight CAW's like Yokozuna or Big Daddy V if you want to. That really annoys me.

Yeah, I was trying to make a caw a similar size to Earthquake and Typhoon but can't get anywhere close.

The one that annoys me is that with certain hats / headwear - you can pretty much only have the Bret Hart sunglasses out of the "glasses" option.

I myself was trying to make a fat CAW I had in the old SvR games but couldn't. Any explanation on why that was changed in the first place?

This is somewhat related to caw mode, but I hate how you have to have certain characters unlocked or DLC purchased to be able to preview some caws on CC. I've used vc to purchase someone I don't even want to play as just to be able to download a caw that turns out to be total crap. Most annoying thing I've come across on the newer games so far.

Yeah I hate that crap too. It's one thing to not be able to download it, but at least let me see if I even want it in the first damn place.

Yeah I hate that crap too. It's one thing to not be able to download it, but at least let me see if I even want it in the first damn place.

I hate that as well. So annoying. That needs to be changed.

Seriously. This is so annoying.

I myself was trying to make a fat CAW I had in the old SvR games but couldn't. Any explanation on why that was changed in the first place?

Probably the same reason Yokozuna didn't make it into All Stars. Clipping issues. It'd probably take too much effort to modify each move to accommodate the extra girth of the character.

Probably the same reason Yokozuna didn't make it into All Stars. Clipping issues. It'd probably take too much effort to modify each move to accommodate the extra girth of the character.

They didn't have issues in past games but now with current gen it's a problem?

Exactly. I don't think these is such an issue and the game developers are just being lazy and making up a reason to explain why we cant make CAW's like Yokozuna in the current gen games, when in past games we could with no problem.

Exactly. I don't think these is such an issue and the game developers are just being lazy and making up a reason to explain why we cant make CAW's like Yokozuna in the current gen games, when in past games we could with no problem.

Didn't they say before that it takes too many polygons to make people as big as Yokozuna?

^ Beat me to it.

Technology has changed over the past decade gentlemen. You got 8 man matches after 16 years because the circumstances changed. The models are bigger, the mechanics are more extensive, the game as an entirety is much larger than the "past games". It's very difficult to compare

Oh good, "lazy" is being thrown around again. Lovely.

As someone who's going to school for game design, I really don't like the word "lazy" along with others people like to throw around. Though really, even long before that, I've had issues with that word. I mean sure, I get being frustrated, and this stuff is indeed stupid and annoying, but lazy, greedy, etc. always seems like a cheap, lazy argument.

I also want to add that entrance only parts are also annoying as hell. If clipping really is the issue, it seems kinda pointless considering just how much clipping still happens anyway. Personally, I'd rather have the option to be able to wear something in a match and deal with clipping than have it completely restricted.

Yea it's horrible you can't put hair with masks, not even with the Kane masks, what's the point, and the face covers you can't even put underneath masks like last year, and I don't understand this because in this game you can have hair with those stupid foam heads in the headgear options

Archived