Do you want spoilers in the WWE Show Discussion topic?

Ernez

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to talk about spoilers in the WWE Show Discussion topic?

• Yes, but with spoiler tags.
    • Yes, and without spoiler tags.
    • No
    • Other (Explain)

Voted for other.

I think there is a difference, but tbh I'm not sure how to make it work exactly like that. It would need actually awearness from members more than anything.

For example tonight, I alredy got spoiled so I went to check it for the hell of it, and I don't even use Twitter... tweet said there was a championship change, it said spoliers in the title, but you had to open the tweet to know what exactly happened.

But... if it's on their site or social media explicitly in advance... that's another thing. Like the NXT title changes or stuff like that. I think it shouldn't be talked about things that debutes or title changes, or whatever on TAPED shows.

And also to bear in mind that it doesn't mean that you have to explicitly say what happened for it to be spoiled for you. Like Ziggy (no hate Ziggy, it was an honest mistake) made the post unintentionally though how he got a notification from the app. It really itself alludes to something. When there are MAJOR things happening on a taped show it's so easy to spoil it by saying anything, even like that. And there have been numerious instances like that in WWE Show discussion or even NXT discussion, but I understand the NXT thing since it's a bit more complicated. But this situation today could have been avoided.

EDIT: or even better... better awearness of using spoiler tags. for even the minor things like that. so yeah, it can be discussed. But as I said, I know you can't type up a specific rule for that, lol

I'm personally not keen on un-tagged spoilers for the UK taped shows literally because the show is only a few hours away. It can kill anticipation for the show. I bet you people would be piiiiiissed if last nights RAW main event was spoiled in the thread, even if WWE themselves did post it. I'm one of the people who avoid Twitter and WWE.com for the UK shows just incase anything is ruined for me.

The Takeover announcements I'm not too fussed about because they are weeks in advance so have enough of a buffer and don't often deal with results of major matches.

That's just my take though.

No.

We have a spoiler-forum. Use it.

*but it's dead*

Then post in it to make it alive.

We've had rules here for a very long time. I don't feel like I should avoid a section of this site that has branded itself as spoiler free for close to a decade. I already am avoiding YouTube and Twitter and I never go on wwe.com period. I don't see why what WWE does beforehand regarding events during the show should make that any different.

Especially when it comes to main shows, but in general, if it hasn't aired yet, don't talk about it. Don't even allude to it. Don't even post a reaction to it. Someone said "it's about time" and I already know exactly what's going to happen.

Even spoiler tags in itself is basically telling enough in a certain light and it's inconsiderate and a way to go around the rule because people can't wait for 24 hours. And when you complain about it, they turn it around on you like it's ridiculous you're getting upset over it.

So either double-down on it or just completely kill the whole spoiler-thing and throw everything in the open. Half-assing it only breeds annoyance.

Why are people checking the show thread before a show? people knew that it's in the UK so would be pre taped and that the thread is about shows. What did they expect when they opened the thread? it was their own fault

Why are people checking the show thread before a show? people knew that it's in the UK so would be pre taped and that the thread is about shows. What did they expect when they opened the thread? it was their own fault

In the case of today, maybe they want to keep talking about RAW?

Keep it the way it is.

Problem is, we have a shit ton of members who get super antsy to post these cool and crazy spoilers for whatever reason - and when they do, they forget to post it in tags or simply don't bother to at all and do so in this section and not the Spoilers Section.

As mentioned before, if there's something that's been posted by WWE on their official website and/or on Twitter/FaceBook or any other social media platform, then it should be okay to be posted anywhere on this site.

Well again... this time, the twitter post was ambigious and they even managed to put "spoiler" in the title. And no mention of it on WWE com yet.

All I'm saying is... if it is about a taped show. strict spoiler tags.

"Why would you go to... " to discuss something pre SD?

Voted the first option but if WWE announces it then it should be discussed freely and only in the Show Disscusion thread without getting too carried away. If its something really major like a title change or debut then put it in tags but if its not saying anything spoilery like I dont know, for example what I did earlier by saying I got a notification from WWE then keep it non tagged. Clearly not saying anything spoiler related and hell it should get people hyped up and personally speculate on what might be going down but some would rather get hyped when the show airs. Understandable. If folks are still in fear of being spoiled for taped shows then maybe they shouldnt peep in the Show Dissusion thread till the show starts just like they would do if it was dealing with social media.

Also I agree with lowering the 5 day rule to maybe 3? Not necessary 24hrs since people probably wont be able to catch up on what they missed. 3 days seems fair,maybe 4?

Well... would you get a notification is someone retained a championship on a taped show?

Context. People should be aware enough to either not mention it or put it inspoiler tags.

When it happens during the show mins after the match? Yes. Before the show? No. Happens regardless of the show being taped or not.

Aired spoilers are fine in the topic IMO, that's sorta the point.

I don't want unaired spoilers in there, even with tags it gets confusing because sometimes people use those for photos, and sometimes you open it and find out the next 4 months of booking for someone, and they don't say what's in them like 80% of the time.

I also think you MUST label any spoiler tags that way people know what the contents of the spoiler tags are about. It could just be RAW or Smackdown as the label.

That's already a rule tbf. People were posting random spoiler tags and after something in a video game thread (I forgot what. I think maybe it was to do with Pokemon? like who the Champion was or something?) I bitched hard in the report section about how people should tag their spoilers with what hey're actually about before it and then Ernez or someone came in like "that's what you're supposed to do anyway" or something

Archived