*SPOILER* WWE Superstar To Appear At NJPW Wrestle Kingdom

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As if Omega needs it, but Jericho is going to put him over like a god. Also it would be very fitting if Jericho's final match was back in Japan.

WWE will get over it - Jericho has done so much for them, his credit is almost limitless.

I'm wondering if WWE were to ever do this kind of thing and offer Kenny (or some other huge NJPW name) name a one night/one feud deal the way NJPW has for Jericho? I mean, Trips did it with Liger down in NXT, and both the CWC and MYC had talent working as free agents, so I think it'd be pretty cool if WWE brought in Kenny Omega for a one time match with like...AJ at WrestleMania next year. Like just pay him do do the RAW's building into Mania, Mania itself and maybe the RAW after.

Of course, main roster works pretty differently from NXT, so this is very much a pipe dream, but then...crazier things have happened.

Im pretty sure Omega doesnt want WWE to make money off of him in any way. Omega strikes me as the type to decline any amount of money to perform for WWE. Maybe something like that could happen once Trips takes over but for now, hell nah.

I wouldn't say there's no chance, but it's very slim chance.

As EJ said, Omega doesn't seem like someone who'd let WWE make money off of him for a one-off appearance whilst still being under a full contract with NJPW.

And the difference between Omega and Liger, is that Liger is an already established legend in all of professional wrestling and had appearances not just in Japan, but in WCW as well - not that I really think that matters too much. Liger is freakin' revolutionary.

I'm wondering if WWE were to ever do this kind of thing and offer Kenny (or some other huge NJPW name) name a one night/one feud deal the way NJPW has for Jericho? I mean, Trips did it with Liger down in NXT, and both the CWC and MYC had talent working as free agents, so I think it'd be pretty cool if WWE brought in Kenny Omega for a one time match with like...AJ at WrestleMania next year. Like just pay him do do the RAW's building into Mania, Mania itself and maybe the RAW after.

Of course, main roster works pretty differently from NXT, so this is very much a pipe dream, but then...crazier things have happened.

It's happened before. Tenryu worked in WWE for a few matches, so did Tiger Mask for a match with Dynamite Kid. Probably countless others too.

I wish they could get Liger in 2k.

I was a little surprised they didn't, since they got him some other merch. I thought he last year and Kota Ibushi this year could have signed game deals, since it doesn't mess with their Japan schedules and just allows them to make some cash.

Hell, if they offered the Young Bucks a spot in 2k19, then I'm sure they at least considered asking Liger.

I wish they could get Liger in 2k.

I was a little surprised they didn't, since they got him some other merch. I thought he last year and Kota Ibushi this year could have signed game deals, since it doesn't mess with their Japan schedules and just allows them to make some cash.

Hell, if they offered the Young Bucks a spot in 2k19, then I'm sure they at least considered asking Liger.

I don't think they did, I think they wanted them to do mo-cap for the game.

Wait no, I'm pretty sure timschel said they offered the Bucks a straight up video game deal because of how popular they were among CAW makers?

Lol. No. That's only what one random report claimed. Timschel definitely was talkng about mo-capping

Wait no, I'm pretty sure timschel said they offered the Bucks a straight up video game deal because of how popular they were among CAW makers?

If I recall he said that 2k had reached out to the Bucks to motion capture their moves and mannerisms because so many people create them in CAS. Unfortunately this was around the exact time that WWE sent the "cease and desist" to the Bucks, making any chance of WWE consent (which I presume would have to be granted to 2k) practically non existent. It's probably also likely to make the Bucks less happy to work on a WWE themed project as well.

This actually ties in nicely to the whole "WWE using outside talent" discussion, because the way WWE is currently with stars "made in other promotions" I think it could even go the other way to where eventually WWE prevents 2K from including non-WWE elements.

Look at recent examples of hot "indy" stars coming in, and then being systematically broken down and remoulded in WWE's image - from name changes, to booking - I am utterly convinced that WWE would not countenance putting someone else's star over on their main show. Hell, even AJ Styles was booked like a loser until he "proved himself". Why else did they have him eat the loss at his first Mania. Look at Shinsuke, they took away the "King of Strong Style" and tried to make him "The Artist".

Yes it happened on NXT - but I think Hunter is more open to that than the WWE's management is.

No offence but that makes literally no sense and makes me lose respect for not only you, but your family, your future children and children's children as well (no offence tho).

If I recall he said that 2k had reached out to the Bucks to motion capture their moves and mannerisms because so many people create them in CAS. Unfortunately this was around the exact time that WWE sent the "cease and desist" to the Bucks, making any chance of WWE consent (which I presume would have to be granted to 2k) practically non existent. It's probably also likely to make the Bucks less happy to work on a WWE themed project as well.

I don't think WWE gives a shit about who's involved in mo-capping for the games. I could be wrong, though.

No offence but that makes literally no sense and makes me lose respect for not only you, but your family, your future children and children's children as well (no offence tho).

What? Lmfaoooo

I don't think WWE gives a shit about who's involved in mo-capping for the games. I could be wrong, though.

In general I'd agree with you, but if that included someone they're currently considering legal action against, I'd expect it would be of concern to them - legally they'd probably be advised against it by their lawyers.

Imagine the argument - "We the WWE want to prohibit the Young Bucks from performing WWE mannerisms and IP".

To which the opposition legal counsel says "yet you are perfectly happy to include the Young Bucks' moves and mannerisms in your own licenced product - not only that, but to have them physically assist you in capturing them".

The worst case scenario from that is possibly one day the WWE being in the position where they can only include their own intellectual property (moves and mannerisms) in the games - because they themselves have set the precedent.

What? Lmfaoooo

He said no offense fam

Archived