• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#41 WVIP

WVIP

Legend

• Banned
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

Jericho isn't under WWE contract if the reports are true.

Edited by WVIP, 05 November 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#42 The MRN

The MRN

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 14,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

First of all, thanks a lot Respect the Beard and this topic's title (which is kinda misleading) for spoiling this shit for me.

Secondly, kinda bummed we won't get to see Omega vs Ibushi. Maybe at the G1? /:

Thirdly, it was really dope to see Jericho show up in New Japan, I'm hyped for this match, I'd be surprised if it isn't great. Also good for NJPW from a publicity standpoint.

And lastly I wonder if Jericho told Vince about this. I'd love to know what Vince's reaction was to either being told by Jericho or just finding out about it. Jericho has said in the past he'd never wrestle for another company...

Him and Omega have been insulting each other on Twitter for a while (Reddit has been orgasmic over it) so I'm not surprised, they're probably gonna have a match with it all being a work.

What does this even mean, lol? Are you saying their match won't be a shoot?

Im literally expecting one of the best matches of all time. Seriously. Jericho needs this imo

The same card also has Naito vs. Okada and (probably) Tanahashi vs. Ibushi on it though

Power Struggle spoilers:

Spoiler

Jericho isn't under WWE contract if the reports are true.

Is this news to anybody?

#43 Respect The Beard

Respect The Beard

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 18,864 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Dont know if youre joking but I never spoiled anything. I said crazy news about Jericho in the WWE thread. That could have been about anything.

He literally could have landed a big Marvel movie role. Not my problem if the actual news came out without spoiler tags.

Edited by Respect The Beard, 05 November 2017 - 11:30 PM.

#44 WVIP

WVIP

Legend

• Banned
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

- As noted, Chris Jericho and Kenny Omega will meet at NJPW's Wrestle Kingdom 12 in January after Chris Jericho challenged the IWGP United States Champion at Power Struggle, earlier today. According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Chris Jericho has been in talks with NJPW since August to appear at Wrestle Kingdom 12. The article also mentioned how during an appearance on the Killing the Town podcast, Jericho said he is personally paying for his Rock 'n Wrestling Rager at Sea and hoped to get a partnership together with WWE by bringing some NXT talent on board. WWE decided not to get involved and Jericho moved forward by working out a deal with Ring of Honor to put together a Sea of Honor tournament. The Young Bucks and Marty Scurll have already been announced to be on the cruise. On Twitter, Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer noted that Jericho's WWE contact expired, and he is currently a free agent.

http://www.wrestling...king-with-njpw/

#45 The MRN

The MRN

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 14,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

Dont know if youre joking but I never spoiled anything. I said crazy news about Jericho in the WWE thread. That could have been about anything.

He literally could have landed a big Marvel movie role. Not my problem if the actual news came out without spoiler tags.

Yeah, I was only half serious. But I saw that post and then saw this topic's title and put 2 and 2 together.

#46 Fight Me.

Fight Me.

Ska Madness

• Members
  • 33,864 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

My bad. ):

#47 The MRN

The MRN

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 14,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

It's okay, I forgive you. Much love -HH

#48 Respect The Beard

Respect The Beard

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 18,864 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

Fair enough. It wasnt intentional and I made that post without knowing a topic would go up. I know how much shit being spoiled sucks and I do try never to do it.

But yeah, my bad in this case.

#49 Muur

Muur

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 30,840 posts
  • Gamertag: Marcus BWFC
  • SEN (PS3): Muur1993
  • Steam ID: MarcusBWFC
  • Twitter: @MarcusRalphson

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:10 AM

Him and Omega have been insulting each other on Twitter for a while (Reddit has been orgasmic over it) so I'm not surprised, they're probably gonna have a match with it all being a work.

I intended to say that the fans thought the pair actually hated each other, it would seem I *censored*ed my post up. Probably because I was on mobile

#50 Jmerc

Jmerc

#TeamBlue

• Global Moderator
  • 16,639 posts
  • Gamertag: xJMERC

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

I wonder how much Jericho gets for this

#51 The MRN

The MRN

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 14,582 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:07 AM

I intended to say that the fans thought the pair actually hated each other, it would seem I *censored*ed my post up. Probably because I was on mobile

They did a podcast together months ago. Jericho has praised Omega on various occasions. You'd have to be a STUPID IDIOT to believe there was real heat.

I wonder how much Jericho gets for this

I doubt he's doing it for the money.

#52 Creep.

Creep.

Bludgeon.

• Members
  • 34,213 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

So? Jmerc still can wonder how much he gets paid for it.

#53 A.O.L.

A.O.L.

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

Just happy Jericho is doing this at his age. He couldve played it safe and remained exclusively working under the WWE umbrella. This is honesty why I always loved him. Hes not afraid to shake things up or reinvent himself. This is also how he stays so relevant over the decades. Really hope we get an amazing match because all and all Jericho hasnt had like a 5 Star match imo since his match with Rey for the IC title. That entire series was phenomenal. Hes had great matches since then of course. Matches with Punk, RVD. But overall I really feel he needs this match currently. Not to stay relevant necessarily but to kind of keep his passion for the business burning. Hope he slips down a little more and rocks some tights however but if not its not a deal breaker for me. Cant wait to see his *censored*ing entrance for this though! My God.

#54 Counting Lights

Counting Lights

I'll Watch With Wonder, As You Go Under, Words To The Unwise

• Members
  • 15,794 posts
  • Gamertag: None
  • SEN (PS3): GreendaleDragonS
  • Twitter: @TheeJakubDulak

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

I wonder what song he's gonna use? Whether he struck a deal to use his WWE theme, or I guess he used Judas in his promo, so maybe that?

Hell, if he uses a Fozzy song, I'd dig this:

#55 Creep.

Creep.

Bludgeon.

• Members
  • 34,213 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

Itll be a Fozzy song.

Should be Rob Zombie.

#56 St★rstruck

St★rstruck

Sicker than your average.

• Members
  • 22,068 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Whatever theme he decides to use, I hope he does his signature pose again during the entrance. I'm sure his entrance as a whole will be dope as *Censored*.

#57 classiq.

classiq.

A Myth Rises

• Members
  • 21,390 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Homebwoi

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

Chris Jericho has reportedly been in talks to appear at Wrestle Kingdom since August and it sounds like Y2Js upcoming cruise may have factored into his decision to venture outside of WWE.

ProWrestling.com first reported weeks ago that Jericho had been in discussions with NJPW officials and the site claims the plan to wrestle Kenny Omega has been in place since mid-summer.

Furthermore, Chris Jericho talked about his upcoming cruise on Killing the Town recently and it may shed some light on why hes working with New Japan/Ring of Honor.

The 46-year-old wrestler explained that hes financially responsible for Chris Jerichos Rock-n-Wrestling Rager at Sea and wanted to partner with a promotion for the wrestling side of things. Chris admits he tried to get the NXT brand to perform on the cruise, but was denied after months of talks. Chris then told Triple H hed still be doing the cruise without them.

He also told Busted Open in March that he was unsure if hed ever return to WWE.

Since the announcement that Y2J will be wrestling Kenny Omega at WK12 there has been massive speculation about whether Jericho is working in conjunction with WWE on this deal since hes long said its the only place hed want to work but all signs point to Jericho doing this on his own.

https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

http://www.prowrestl...e-kingdom-deal/

#58 Monkey D. Jiggy

Monkey D. Jiggy

Appie

• Members
  • 22,051 posts
  • Twitter: @Jackel_Ramzilla

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

*censored*ING TRIPLE H RRAAAAAH LETTING HIS EGO GET INTO THE WAY OF GOOD SHIT, ALWAYS HAVE TO BURY JERICHO URAGAHHHH

#59 E#37

E#37

[HOONIGAN]

• Members
  • 27,374 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

*censored*ING TRIPLE H RRAAAAAH LETTING HIS EGO GET INTO THE WAY OF GOOD SHIT, ALWAYS HAVE TO BURY JERICHO URAGAHHHH

#60 Willows Way

Willows Way

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 29,206 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

Jericho sounds like a busy man jesus.

Tbh what else is left for him in WWE? Might as well spend the last of his career having dream matches around the world.