*SPOILER* WWE Superstar To Appear At NJPW Wrestle Kingdom

Guest Fight Me.

Him and Omega have been insulting each other on Twitter for a while (Reddit has been orgasmic over it) so I'm not surprised, they're probably gonna have a match with it all being a work.

What does this even mean, lol? Are you saying their match won't be a shoot?

I intended to say that the fans thought the pair actually hated each other, it would seem I *censored*ed my post up. Probably because I was on mobile

They did a podcast together months ago. Jericho has praised Omega on various occasions. You'd have to be a STUPID IDIOT to believe there was real heat.

I wonder how much Jericho gets for this

I doubt he's doing it for the money.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just happy Jericho is doing this at his age. He couldve played it safe and remained exclusively working under the WWE umbrella. This is honesty why I always loved him. Hes not afraid to shake things up or reinvent himself. This is also how he stays so relevant over the decades. Really hope we get an amazing match because all and all Jericho hasnt had like a 5 Star match imo since his match with Rey for the IC title. That entire series was phenomenal. Hes had great matches since then of course. Matches with Punk, RVD. But overall I really feel he needs this match currently. Not to stay relevant necessarily but to kind of keep his passion for the business burning. Hope he slips down a little more and rocks some tights however but if not its not a deal breaker for me. Cant wait to see his *censored*ing entrance for this though! My God.

Chris Jericho has reportedly been in talks to appear at Wrestle Kingdom since August and it sounds like Y2Js upcoming cruise may have factored into his decision to venture outside of WWE.

ProWrestling.com first reported weeks ago that Jericho had been in discussions with NJPW officials and the site claims the plan to wrestle Kenny Omega has been in place since mid-summer.

Furthermore, Chris Jericho talked about his upcoming cruise on Killing the Town recently and it may shed some light on why hes working with New Japan/Ring of Honor.

The 46-year-old wrestler explained that hes financially responsible for Chris Jerichos Rock-n-Wrestling Rager at Sea and wanted to partner with a promotion for the wrestling side of things. Chris admits he tried to get the NXT brand to perform on the cruise, but was denied after months of talks. Chris then told Triple H hed still be doing the cruise without them.

He also told Busted Open in March that he was unsure if hed ever return to WWE.

Since the announcement that Y2J will be wrestling Kenny Omega at WK12 there has been massive speculation about whether Jericho is working in conjunction with WWE on this deal since hes long said its the only place hed want to work but all signs point to Jericho doing this on his own.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/927236327573032960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/chris-jericho-wrestle-kingdom-deal/

New Japan unveils Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho at Wrestle Kingdom 12.

WWE is still going full speed ahead with Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 34.

New Japan wins. Although both matches (Omega/Jericho and Roman/Brock) look good on paper.

You know I can honestly say Jericho would be one of the few guys Id be ok with being snubbed for the HOF. Like it wouldnt make or break his legacy if WWE wanted to be petty and hold a grudge or whatever. Hes a legend regardless. Im sure hes done soon anyway.

What the *Censored* is this post?

Wrestle Kingdom looks better than WrestleMania right now but it's not really fair to compare them when January 4th is right around the corner and we haven't heard anything about WrestleMania's card yet other than dirt sheet speculation. They're such different products anyway. It just depends on what you're looking to see. Personally, I could see myself enjoying WrestleMania more if they do some new storylines or bring back big stars like Batista or The Rock.

I think Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho will exceed expectations. I don't think Omega is the best overall wrestler in NJPW. But he's one of them, and I think he along with Minoru Suzuki might be the best at playing to their opponent's strengths and working around their weaknesses. I don't think this match will try to follow the typical big Wrestle Kingdom match formula. It won't feel like Jericho's WWE matches either. I think they're going to do something completely different.

I like that they're still saving Ibushi vs. Omega. I'd rather have the Jericho match because even though it's just a one-off, I like the tradition of throwing in at least one random surprise/freakshow attraction at WK. I am disappointed that Cody Rhodes is probably going to beat Ibushi in what will probably be a below average match though.

Wrestle Kingdom looks better than WrestleMania right now but it's not really fair to compare them when January 4th is right around the corner and we haven't heard anything about WrestleMania's card yet other than dirt sheet speculation. They're such different products anyway. It just depends on what you're looking to see. Personally, I could see myself enjoying WrestleMania more if they do some new storylines or bring back big stars like Batista or The Rock.

...did you see The Rock's last Mania appearence?

Except one is the main event and the other one isn't...

When your main event is being shunned by many, you should know that something is wrong. I do get what you're trying to say though.

If the main event wasn't being shunned, then you would know something is wrong. If there isn't a bunch of buzz and drama surrounding WWE, then it loses it's appeal for most of their biggest fans. It becomes the same as any other wrestling show. If anything, they should probably be trying to make the main event even worse.

I don't think so. Maybe if they had The Rock on more often, I would have been watching.

Scratch that. I looked on Wikipedia and it looks like The Rock's last appearance might have been WrestleMania 32, in which case I did see that. I don't remember much about it, but in fairness it says that he beat Eric Rowan in six seconds. The fact that The Rock was involved was probably the only good thing about that segment.

Except one is the main event and the other one isn't...

When your main event is being shunned by many, you should know that something is wrong. I do get what you're trying to say though.

Yet you dont take this advice for your negativity, huh?

I don't think so. Maybe if they had The Rock on more often, I would have been watching.

Scratch that. I looked on Wikipedia and it looks like The Rock's last appearance might have been WrestleMania 32, in which case I did see that. I don't remember much about it, but in fairness it says that he beat Eric Rowan in six seconds. The fact that The Rock was involved was probably the only good thing about that segment.

If only it had been just that... It was like 40 minutes long with the Rock with a flamethrower setting his name on fire and then leading the people on in shitty chants. I dare anyone to go back and watch that shit again from start to finish. What a waste of time.

If only it had been just that... It was like 40 minutes long with the Rock with a flamethrower setting his name on fire and then leading the people on in shitty chants. I dare anyone to go back and watch that shit again from start to finish. What a waste of time.

Oh, no. You're right. I'm looking over the WrestleMania 32 card and the only things I vaguely remember are Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon and Triple H's weird entrance. But these repressed memories about The Rock are starting to come back to me. It was pretty bad.

Actually, the more that I think about it, everything The Rock has done lately outside of actual wrestling matches has kind of sucked. Give me Batista or Stone Cold this year instead.

You know I can honestly say Jericho would be one of the few guys Id be ok with being snubbed for the HOF. Like it wouldnt make or break his legacy if WWE wanted to be petty and hold a grudge or whatever. Hes a legend regardless. Im sure hes done soon anyway.

I don't see why they'd do that.Jericho has been nothing but loyal to McMahon and the WWE ever since going there. He's no longer under contract now so he's perfectly fine with accepting a booking else where until he goes back,

I don't see why they'd do that.Jericho has been nothing but loyal to McMahon and the WWE ever since going there. He's no longer under contract now so he's perfectly fine with accepting a booking else where until he goes back,
Not putting anything past them tbh. They can be very shady and petty. Im saying IF they wanted to be petty and not put him. Completely hypothetical situation.

Archived