WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way WWE.com’s official preview for the Nov. 27 Raw reads, Roman Reigns’ Intercontinental title open challenge isn’t even an official thing yet...

B4IJRBa.png

But that hasn’t stopped the roster from responding to The Big Dog’s invitation to his yard. Finn Bálor already threatened to “step over” the new champ, while a man who’s had Roman’s number in the past answered the call at Sunday’s house show...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb-xvoBA7qh/

(Spoiler (not really) - Joe didn’t win)

The General Manager’s kid also sees a match with Reigns as the way to get back on track, which probably isn’t Jason Jordan’s best decision ever. But while it likely won’t lead to a win, facing Roman might be his best shot at hearing some cheers:

https://twitter.com/JasonJordanJJ/status/934956397179129856

With more than two months between now and Royal Rumble, and even longer until the next Raw brand pay-per-view (PPV), it looks like the story of Reigns and his IC title will be a big focus of Monday nights for the next several weeks.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/11/27/16704810/samoa-joe-jason-jordan-answer-roman-reigns-intercontinental-title-open-challenge

Reigns should issue a challenge to the entire Miztourage...

Miz expects them all to help him retain, but Axel scores the pinfall and becomes a two time IC champion, which leads to him breaking off on his own and actually being used the way that someone with his pedigree should be used. THE CHAINS ARE OFF!

Yeah, that's why my expectations are low. Because, in the end...it still feels like a half-assed divas revolution stable, which I don't think is necessary. Although, I give them props for getting Paige back into the discussion without the focus being on her personal life; If she returned on her own, then we'd be focused solely on that side of things. And the good thing about this stable...is that it's all rookies and up-and-coming stars.

With the exception of Paige, the rest of these girls have a lot of growing to do...so it actually could benefit a lot of them and end up being a worthwhile endeavor...and it brings Paige back in a distracting manner to keep her protected from the inevitable chants and jeers that she would receive otherwise (although, I'm sure those are still coming).

Also, I like how Paige (who is known for wearing blue) is attacking the Raw side, and Ruby (who is known for wearing red) is attacking the SD side. Definitely feels like a "battle of the leaders" scenario will be happening in the future...where the alliance falls apart and Ruby fights Paige for dominance...which intrigues me (if it happens). Might even be setting up for MitB...female MitB match with Paige and Ruby both on the ladder at the end of the match.

Wouldn't have the other members in the match itself, though...just Paige and Ruby, among other qualified contenders. But...you could have the other members do a run-in, which would bring some excitement to a match that might be kind of boring otherwise. And then you could have Asuka or somebody win, because Paige and Ruby are too focused on fighting each other to capitalize.

Reigns should issue a challenge to the entire Miztourage...

Miz expects them all to help him retain, but Axel scores the pinfall and becomes a two time IC champion, which leads to him breaking off on his own and actually being used the way that someone with his pedigree should be used. THE CHAINS ARE OFF!

Not a fan of Axel being on his own, those tag titles would be nice on him & Bo though.

If he leaves, I won't be upset. The current state of pro wrestling is stronger than ever. These guys can all find a way to be relevant in the current landscape of pro wrestling. It's great that we finally have a wrestling landscape where I can see someone asking for their release (or even being fired) as a positive thing...not that I think he's necessarily talking about that here. Only time will tell. But, honestly...everything is intertwined now. I don't think he'd skip a beat...regardless of where he ends up.

Archived