Official Survivor Series Discussion Thread

Jmerc

I had no problems with the order of eliminations. The quality itself of the match was ass.

I agree. On paper the elimination order kinda sucked, but then you think about who youve got in the match, and it made sense.

The match itself was just pretty lame. Especially since most of the matches in the run up had been SO good, it didnt give a pay off apart from the ending, which still ended up looking a little messy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the best.

He is, and it's a shame that to a lot of people that's lost because of who he married. He's always been a great performer, an excellent wrestler and a good speaker. It's a testament to him that he turned it around after taking the heat for the Curtain Call, I mean hell, Steve Lombardi probably would have been booked to win over him in 1996.

Triple H was always an excellent wrestler? Yeah, no.

I hated how ineffective Owens-Zayn looked in the match. A few weeks ago their feud with Shane looked so promising but now they're being treated as insignificant pest who are easily shooed away by a few chair shots. Wth?

Yeah, the looked like a couple of nerds. Two on one attack and got their ass kicked by old man Shane. Got sent out to be made look like fools.

Naka looked awesome. He cleared the whole ring...only got taken out because the numbers game caught up with him. How is anyone about to say that Naka needed more than that? Really...you telling me it doesn't look impressive to have the stamina and wherewithal to keep taking out an onslaught of run-ins? Team Raw was cheating the whole time...that's why Naka got taken out. And Roode had a pretty epic series of moments with HHH. One of the all time greats...HHH. Nobody looked bad in that match. It's these kinds of discussions that make me cringe at just how full of it wrestling fans can be some times.

Cringe all you want. Im one of the guys who usually does the cringing when wrestling fans say cringy things.

It's kinda funny because if saying no one looked bad in that match isn't cringy then I don't know what is.

Also yeah I know he was going to get eliminated, but there are ways to achieve that and elevate someone at the same time. He looks like a total berk because he walked into a running powerslam - one single move, and he's out. (First eliminated too, incidentally)

First off...he accomplished plenty.

Lmao.

Anyone else felt Cena looked super unimportant (by his standards)? Man is a 'free agent' and got randomly added to Team Smackdown, made no appearance beforehand, returned and got eliminated routinely without any fuss or anything. Didn't even make the final two from their team. Loved it. His booking has felt 'normal' for about two years now.

He looked like he couldnt have given any less of a *Censored*

Id have to say this was my favorite PPV of the year. Together Id put War Games & SS up there together for best overall weekend too.

Not even gonna lie, ever since Ive been busy lately I havent had the chance to read any dirtsheets, listen to podcasts, see the IWC and Ive just been enjoying everything. I love interacting and sharing my opinion on here, but I feel like I can enjoy the show more as a whole when I just sit down and watch without being jaded. Im actually surprised if I see or hear anything bad about this PPV bedsides maybe some boring moments. But overall it was super enjoyable.

I didn't think Shinsuke or Roode looked bad at all. They got some good offense in and had their moments with Finn and Trips respectively. It was an all star match and all things considered, they were probably the two weakest names in the bunch. So aside from maybe Finn, it totally made sense for them two to be the first ones out, and Braun doing it was probably the best way for it to happen.

just started watching. Tag team match between the Shield and New Day is so good!

Hoooooly shit, I'm loving this AJ vs. Brock match! Was scared this would be a squash, but AJ's been fighting back and doing damage.

Archived