Seriously, what's with the crowd always booing everything and everyone?

xphen0m

I wanted to make a topic about this because I'm finding this incredibly irritating....to the point that I exit the match.

This has been a problem for two years straight. The crowd audio was fine when I got the game last week, but now it's just bad. In face/heel matches, the crowd just booes everything and everyone with no rhyme or reason....no matter what. It's interesting that this really became a problem when I turned on blood after turning it off. What I did notice for two years straight is that when you're a face and you bust open a heel, the crowd boos automatically.

This isn't a problem in face/face or heel/heel matches. It's particularly face/heel matches where this happens.

The crowd audio in all tag matches is PARTICULARLY bugged.

With some wrestlers, it's better, with most however, it's pretty bad. I'm curious if there's some connection with certain superstars' abilities or stats and turning blood on.

P.S. Yes, I know....Roman Reigns....Royal Rumble....booing crowd.....that gets mentioned every time this is mentioned and it always kills the topic dead.

I believe it is connected to the star rating. Since low stars are "bad" matches, the crowd boos, and getting the star rating high results results in cheers.

At least, I believe thats the case for 2K17. Cant say for sure on 18, I play with audio off more often than not.

On top of this, I've come across a bug in Universe where people who are set to "boo" get cheered, and vice versa. Paige turned heel in my Universe and she's still getting cheered. Someone else said that Bobby Roode gets booed in their Universe despite being set to cheer.

I downloaded a Pete Dunne CAW that is set to "boo", but he's being cheered in exhibition.

2k havent did anything drastic in the sound/audio department since they got the license. From the crowd reactions (not just chants), commentary (besides switching personalities), and other sound fx such as pyro, mat sounds, and collision/contact. If anything, in most aspects it's gotten worse.

Archived