Story mode broken. Quite literally can no longer play.

Explodingninja

So I completed story mode. Few glitches along the way, but I can live with that.
My tagteam randomly changed from Jinder Mahal to Jey Uso for some reason. Sure....Ok. Stupid but can live with it. Win Money in the Bank. Conversation with Producer doesnt show text at all so I end up cashing in without knowing what I am doing.....Sure, whatever. Early bugs. No problemo. I can live with that. Win match become champ. Only I am not champ next week and suddenly AJ is WWE champion.....Getting a lil peeved but still play. Few little other things happen but nothing noteworthy.
That is until I reach post wrestlemania. See Albert. I am like "Oh cool. I will talk to him." He's all "Hey, Grats on getting wrestlemania moment. Would you mind being manager for an NXT callup for a few matches?" I oblige. Begin match.....However on the match-up screen, it shows Dolph Ziggler with Nikki Cross as a manager, whom I had as MY manager as soon as I got the ability and had her throughout my ENTIRE playthrough. Ooohhkaaaay. Dolph is versing "BLANK" with me as a manger. I think, ok. Must be a secret opponent. Kewl. Match starts. Dolph is in ring with JOJO THE ANNOUNCER! Nikki Cross is standing next to me outside ring. Dolph walks out of ring, kicks me/Nikki, game freezes and error blah blah appears. Now stuck on an endless loop of match starts, no one in ring, Dolph kicks, error, repeat.
THIS GAME IS BROKE AS *Censored*! Been playing wrestling games since as long as I can remember and I am now a 33 year old man. This is by far the worst glitch in a wrestling game since the infamous save deleting bug in "No Mercy" on the N64. Can literally not play a character I invested three whole days in since getting the game on preorder early realease. Not happy 2K. Not happy at all.
So fair warning. If at the end your first wrestlemania, you see Matt Bloom and he asks you to manage someone, DON'T DO IT! Let my misfortune be a warning to you all!

From beginning to end, it takes like 5-10 seconds. Both Nikki and I are considered managers to a non existent combatant, and Dolph automatically targets one of us, sprints out of ring and hits before we can do anything. Reversals aren't registering. Ive tried as many different things as possible. At least 20 times in a row with no luck. When I try to quit the match before anything happens it just puts me back to the beginning menu to start the match.

I kinda want to do this now just to see how even more busted this mode can get. Honestly people should just stop playing this mode after WrestleMania in this mode from what I'm hearing and move into RTG. I've already gotten text bug, rivalry bug, whiteboard bug, and that's just naming a few. This game is most definitely the buggiest since 15 unfortunately. I still enjoy it don't get me wrong, it's just disappointing when I see the bugs that everyone has in the glitch thread that's posted.

Classic 2K. Just give them some more time. They will get it right in few more years.

"Classic 2K"...

They've only published a few of the WWE games. You act like they have a 15 year streak of repeating the same glitches and flaws year after year. You're clearly thinking of THQ's legacy. Not to mention, that's exactly what they are...a publisher. Yukes/Visual Concepts is the developer. That said, these games have improved drastically on a yearly basis since 2K Sports took over the franchise. It's been a process...it hasn't happened overnight. But, they are improving by a lot.

So, take your trolling elsewhere...it's not even constructive in any way.

I have the perfect idea, lets move the WWE games around every couple of years so no one can get blamed for the systemic issues every year!

/s

It seems like everyone gets a pass, year after year and the claim is always that it will not happen down the line but it does. Because the system is broken. Plain and simple. And it can't be fixed unless someone has the balls to go down to WWE HQ and say hey, we need to mod the contract or whatever and take an extra year in between releases to test and fix bugs. Or to write it in the contract with WWE in the first place. It will never be fixed.

They're not getting a pass. Things get reported and hopefully they end up fixing them. There's no such thing as a perfect game. MyCareer was overhauled this year, so yes, there's going to be bumps in the system. Unfortunately they're not small ones, but 2k has been pretty good about trying to get things sorted. Every year they've increased the roster on disk by a good number, more than THQ had ever given us. But could they use some work? OF course. No matter who developed or published the game, we would have issues and people would nitpick it to death.

How about no WWE game at all? Then you'd have no glitches or bugs to worry about!

Classic 2K. Just give them some more time. They will get it right in few more years.

"Classic 2K"...

They've only published a few of the WWE games. You act like they have a 15 year streak of repeating the same glitches and flaws year after year. You're clearly thinking of THQ's legacy. Not to mention, that's exactly what they are...a publisher. Yukes/Visual Concepts is the developer. That said, these games have improved drastically on a yearly basis since 2K Sports took over the franchise. It's been a process...it hasn't happened overnight. But, they are improving by a lot.

So, take your trolling elsewhere...it's not even constructive in any way.

Yeah! Yeah! They will get it right in the next game. Like 2K17 din't have any bugs.

Anyways its my play time, steam preloading done and decrypting.

Will see how many bugs I will encounter.

I have the perfect idea, lets move the WWE games around every couple of years so no one can get blamed for the systemic issues every year!

/s

It seems like everyone gets a pass, year after year and the claim is always that it will not happen down the line but it does. Because the system is broken. Plain and simple. And it can't be fixed unless someone has the balls to go down to WWE HQ and say hey, we need to mod the contract or whatever and take an extra year in between releases to test and fix bugs. Or to write it in the contract with WWE in the first place. It will never be fixed.

Bold is a terrible idea, because it would reset all the progress being made. It's comments like these that show how little people seem to know about game development. The only reason why the WWE games have what they have now, is because they're built on a legacy of older games. Yeah...it's not perfect, but it's what we have. And, no...nobody is "going down to WWE headquarters with a list of demands"...what a ridiculous concept. It's WWE's game...and they will get what they want. Period. All blame comes down to them and their demands...and those demands are non-negotiable. Nothing that can be done about it. These pipe dreams about going to HQ and making demands are exactly that.

Archived