*Rumor* Champion vs Champion match scheduled for Survivor Series. Another match rumored *RAW spoilers*

Ziggy Vercetti

Well the WWE Championship is about to be even less prestigious after it's holder is smeared across the ring by the Beast (fun as that will be to watch).

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the WWE Championship is about to be even less prestigious after it's holder is smeared across the ring by the Beast (fun as that will be to watch).

The man makes the belt. The belt does not make the man. As Jinder Mahal's title run is obviously showing us.

Nah. Itll still be the WWE Championship. The most well-known wrestling title in the world. The title that many aspiring pro wrestlers dream of holding one day.

Even if he won (which he wont), the title would mean the exact same thing in real life.

Deny it all you want. Live in your little wrestling bubble.

The concept of fans losing their shit over the prestige of wrestling belts is and will always be hilarious to me.

??? if anything you're in a wrestling bubble. Any wrestling championship in the real life means nothing, that's what I was saying. Nice shot, though.

Losing to Brock doesn't really hurt credibility that much. And if true on paper it sounds like a really big match two world champions, with a underdog hometown hero challenging the unstoppable beast, and at one of the 4 big ppv WWE puts on.

So Lesnar is the underdog hometown hero and Jinder the unstoppable beast? That seems wrong.

And if not, how is Jinder the home town hero?

NJPW Title>>>>WWE in terms of prestige imo. Most well known you are correct about however. Cant deny that.

If you tell any casual fan youre a former NJPW champ, they might think its some random Indy promotion. So I disagree. A lot of wrestlers grow up wanting to be WWE champ. I dont care about the idea of prestige tho. I think it is silly.

Deny it all you want. Live in your little wrestling bubble.

The concept of fans losing their shit over the prestige of wrestling belts is and will always be hilarious to me.

??? if anything you're in a wrestling bubble. Any wrestling championship in the real life means nothing, that's what I was saying. Nice shot, though.

Oh thats what you were saying. My bad. But thats what my point was. That prestige with wrestling belts isnt a real thing.

Well fans made it a real thing imo.

But on the other hand I never got the whole "I can't get into him or take him seriously but they made him look like shit".. if you are a fan of a wrestler, you are a fan of his work no? But with the titles it's little bit different.

Like... WWE title doesn't seem that important when it's promoted like it has been on SD during his reign, or not being placed in main events on the card... While the NJPW world title will be almost alwyas be on top. That's why people get this feeling of value and prestige.

It does though. They're gonna get more bookings, signings and money as a former WWE champion.

Huh? What are you going about?

Im saying the title doesnt go up and down in prestige as much as fans think it does. Jack Swagger may be getting booked based on him being a former champion. But whether he won it when the prestige was high in fans minds or low in fans minds has no effect whatsoever...

Understand? I never said winning the title means nothing. Im saying no matter what, the WWE championship is still the WWE Championship.

Well fans made it a real thing imo.

That's why people get this feeling of value and prestige.

Yeah, I get it. I just think people take it a little more serious than they probably should.

It does though. They're gonna get more bookings, signings and money as a former WWE champion.

Yeah, just look at Jack Swagger and Cody Rhodes lmao

Cant say much about Swagger but Cody is doing extremely well despite what people say about his matches. Being ROH world champion, having title shots against Okada, was appearing in any and every promotion (before signing the roh contract finally). Hes making a name for himself. The Rhodes name helps but being a former champion helps too even if he never won the big one with WWE.

Neither are former WWE Champions. As in the actual 50 year old title that Jinder currently has.

Also, Cody is getting a shit tonne of money and is in the BC

Huh? What are you going about?

Im saying the title doesnt go up and down in prestige as much as fans think it does. Jack Swagger may be getting booked based on him being a former champion. But whether he won it when the prestige was high in fans minds or low in fans minds has no effect whatsoever...

Understand? I never said winning the title means nothing. Im saying no matter what, the WWE championship is still the WWE Championship.

I meant it towards those saying that titles mean nothing all together

Neither are former WWE Champions. As in the actual 50 year old title that Jinder currently has.

Also, Cody is getting a shit tonne of money and is in the BC

Nice reading comprehension and fact twisting. Swagger is as much a WWE world champion as Jinder is. And I was comparing Swagger with Cody exactly bcause Cody (who isnt a former WWE world champion) is making more money than he was in WWE and much more than former WWE world champion Jack Swagger.

Archived