Universe Mode Thread!

Jmerc

I gotta ask, how do you guys make a fun and creative universe mode that keeps you coming back?

I've gone thru so many universe modes but I keep giving up due to the lack of repetitive cut scenes and there's nothing too special anymore for it.

I want to keep playing but it just bores me now and I want to find ways to play that will make it more enjoyable for me as a player.

What helped me was re-drafting bead rosters (aand including some legends). I also play 99% of the matches, and that helps. For the most part I have an idea (I want this superstar to win that championship or I want these superstars to feud) and then let the computer kind of do its thing as well.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta ask, how do you guys make a fun and creative universe mode that keeps you coming back?

I've gone thru so many universe modes but I keep giving up due to the lack of repetitive cut scenes and there's nothing too special anymore for it.

I want to keep playing but it just bores me now and I want to find ways to play that will make it more enjoyable for me as a player.

What helped me was re-drafting bead rosters (aand including some legends). I also play 99% of the matches, and that helps. For the most part I have an idea (I want this superstar to win that championship or I want these superstars to feud) and then let the computer kind of do its thing as well.

do you follow the goals sometimes?

Sometimes, but not too often. If I can, Ill change the wrestlers goal to match what I have in plan for him, but aside from that, its just all me.

Never thought about the SharePlay Universe thing. How does that work? Im not too familiar with SharePlay, aside from streaming a game so my friends can watch.

Sometimes, but not too often. If I can, Ill change the wrestlers goal to match what I have in plan for him, but aside from that, its just all me.

Never thought about the SharePlay Universe thing. How does that work? Im not too familiar with SharePlay, aside from streaming a game so my friends can watch.

I've had friends play that on different occasions whether it's them controlling a shows, when one has one show and the other and another show.

Or they just play with a superstar and see how it goes.

Shareplay basically lets someone else jump into your game with you. The set up in 2k18 is weird for it, as there some error with created content, but I've found a way to avoid it.

Essentially, when you shareplay, give your friend a controller and let them play as you. Then you need to log into another account on your PS4.

From there, yeah, we just treat it as a GM Mode where we rebook the cards. Since we record it, we try to control a lot of it (like adding our own cutscenes with Create a Movie) but before then, we would just book whatever feuds, grab a few drinks and a mic, and dick around for a few hours at a time. It kept the game fun much longer than a solo Universe would, so I always recommend the hell out of it whenever people ask about prolonging the games lifespan.

May Year 1, Week 3

Sunday- WWF/WCW presents The Main Event

Chris Jericho '00 Promo

- Kurt Angle '01 interrupts

Winner: Chris Jericho

Nasty Boys vs. Natural Disasters

Winner: Natural Disasters

WCW United States Championship

Bret Hart '98 vs. DDP '98©

Winner: Bret Hart

WWF Championship

Stone Cold© vs. Sting '88

Winner: Stone Cold

- After: Triple H '01 is cashing in his King of the Ring contract

WWF Championship

Triple H '01 vs. Stone Cold

Winner: Triple H '01

Intercontinental Championship

Razor Ramon vs. Rob Van Dam©

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Women's Champion Trish Stratus Promo

WCW Championship

Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair '91©

Winner: Ric Flair

Shareplay basically lets someone else jump into your game with you. The set up in 2k18 is weird for it, as there some error with created content, but I've found a way to avoid it.

Essentially, when you shareplay, give your friend a controller and let them play as you. Then you need to log into another account on your PS4.

From there, yeah, we just treat it as a GM Mode where we rebook the cards. Since we record it, we try to control a lot of it (like adding our own cutscenes with Create a Movie) but before then, we would just book whatever feuds, grab a few drinks and a mic, and dick around for a few hours at a time. It kept the game fun much longer than a solo Universe would, so I always recommend the hell out of it whenever people ask about prolonging the games lifespan.

Oh, nice. So I could do one with my cousin, even though he doesnt have the game?

Oh, nice. So I could do one with my cousin, even though he doesnt have the game?

Exactly!

Exactly!

This changes everything! Haha

Gonna try it out and see how it goes then. So glad you mentioned that, thanks man!

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn

The Authors of Pain vs. The Rangers

Tag Team match

The Rangers win after a Heat Seeking Elbow from McCarthy to Akam.

Match Rating: 4.5

Roderick Strong vs. Eric Young

No Holds Barred match

Young wins by pinfall following the Edge of Sanity.

Match Rating: 3.5

Jackie Reeves and Angela Shields vs. Billie Kay & Peyton Royce

Tag Team match

Jackie & Angela win by pinfall after an Uptown Swing (Tour of the Islands) from Angela to Billie.

Match Rating: 4

Donna Draven vs. Ember Moon ©

Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship

Ember wins by pinfall following the Eclipse.

Match Rating: 4.25

#DIY vs. The Cartel (Anthony Franco & Carlos Ramirez) ©

Tag Team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship

The Cartel wins by pinfall after Collusion (Neckbreaker Bomb) on Ciampa.

Match Rating: 4.75

Drew McIntyre vs. Aleister Black vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Killian Dain vs. Kassius Ohno vs. Benjamin Hayes

Battle Royal

Aleister Black wins, last eliminating Drew McIntyre.

Evan Marceau vs. Victor Rodriguez ©

Singles match for the NXT Championship

Rodriguez by submission with the Ill Technique.

Match Rating: 5

Summer Slam

Cedric Alexander vs. The Brian Kendrick ©

Singles match for the Cruiserweight Championship match

Alexander wins by pinfall after a Springboard Clothesline.

Nikki Bella vs. Laura Oxley ©

Singles match for the Smackdown Women's Championship

Oxley wins by pinfall after a Chokebomb.

Baron Corbin vs. Shinsuke Nakamura ©

Table match for the United States Championship

Nakamura wins after suplexing Corbin through a table.

Match Rating: 3.75

Paige vs. Asuka ©

Singles match for the Raw Women's Championship

Asuka wins by submission after locking in the Asuka Lock.

Gallows & Anderson vs. Rollins & Ambrose ©

Tag Team match for the Raw Tag Team Championship

Rollins & Ambrose win by pinfall after a Double Powerbomb on Anderson

Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman ©

Singles match for the Universal Championship

Strowman wins by pinfall after a Running Powerslam.

Bray Wyatt vs. AJ Styles ©

Singles match for the WWE Championship

Styles wins by pinfall after a Phenomenal Forearm.

Backlash

Becky Lynch vs. Laura Oxley ©

Oxley wins by pinfall after a Ripcord Lariat

The Revival vs. The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods)

Tag Team match

The Revival win by pinfall after a Shatter Machine to Woods.

Jason King vs. Bray Wyatt

No Holds Barred match

Wyatt wins by pinfall after Sister Abigail.

Luke Harper & Erick Rowan vs. The Usos ©

Tag Team match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship

The Usos win by pinfall after a Uso Splash.

Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode vs. Rusev vs. Big E

Fatal 4-Way

Orton wins by pinfall after a RKO to Roode.

John Cena vs. Shinsuke Nakamura ©

Singles match for the United States Championship

Nakamura wins by pinfall after a Kinshasa.

Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles (c)

Singles match for the WWE Championship

Styles wins by pinfall after a Styles Clash.

Clash of Champions

Apollo Crews (w/ Titus O'Neill) vs. The Miz (w/ Maryse)

Singles match

The Miz wins by pinfall after a Skull Crushing Finale

Match Rating: 3

The Brian Kendrick vs. Cedric Alexander ©

No Holds Barred match for the Cruiserweight Championship match

Alexander wins by pinfall after a Lumbar Check

Mai Suzuki vs. Asuka ©

Singles match for the Raw Women's Championship

Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor ©

Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship

Balor wins by submission after locking in the Dragon Sleeper.

Gallows & Anderson vs. Rollins & Ambrose ©

Gallows & Ambrose win by pinfall after a Magic Killer on Ambrose

Neville vs. Samoa Joe vs. Sheamus vs. Cesaro

Fatal 4-Way match

Neville wins by pinfall after a Red Arrow to Joe

David Mercer vs. Braun Strowman ©

Singles match for the Universal Championship

LSZHuLJ.png

Smackdown Live, May - Week 1

Smackdown opens with The Miz, and Miztourage, saying that Smackdown alive GM Teddy Long should just award The Miz the US title, since hes going to win the tournament anyway, and he can bring it to new heights, like he did with the Intercontinental Championship. Teddy responds he still has a couple matches to win if he wants the United States Championship, and one of them, is next!

United States Championship - Semi Finals
The Miz def. Jinder Mahal

The Miz took it to the former WWE Champion and never let up, controlling the match throughout. It two, but The Miz won after a Skull Crushing Finale.

Teddy Long comes out and says since the Miztourage wants to get involved so bad, they can have a match too.

Grudge Match
Hawkins & Ryder def. Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel

A close match that saw Ryder almost lose after being hit by Bos finisher, Hawkins & Ryder pick up the win with a Neckbreaker Bomb.

The next segment was The New Day proclaiming that they would be the next Smackdown Tag Team Champions because they have the positivity to believe it will happen. Baron Corbin was tired of listening and went to the ring looking for a match.

Grudge Match
Big E w/Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston def. Baron Corbin

A solid match that saw Corbin take two Big Endings before being defeated.

Grudge Match
Dana Brooke def. Summer Rae

Summer Rae attacked Dana on her way to the ring, but she quickly lost control. Dana threw her in the ring and hit with her Samoan Driver finisher for the quick win. Dana Brooke showed that, despite being eliminated from the tournament, she was still a force to be reckoned with in the Womens division.

Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman were in the ring with Heyman saying how Eddie Guerrero got away from The Beast once, but no one will ever get away from him again, and that once the WWE Champion is decided, they better watch their back, because Lesnar will be coming for them.

Smackdown Tag Team Champions - Semi-Finals
The Revival def. American Alpha

In one of the best matches of the night, The Revival and American Alpha fought for the opportunity for the Tag Team Championship. In the end, Revival and the Shatter Machine were too much for American Alpha.

WWE Championship - Semi-Finals
Batista vs. The Undertaker

Tonights main event saw The Animal face The Deadman to see who would face Eddie Guerrero for the WWE Championship. In what was, easily the match of the night, these two men fought in an excellent back-and-forth match, with each man kicking out of multiple finishers. In the end, The Undertaker picked up the win following a Tombstone Piledriver.

No Mercy

Charlotte and Naomi vs. Carmella and Natalya

Tag Team match

Charlotte and Naomi win by pinfall after Charlotte nails Natalya with a Big Boot.

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler

Fatal 4-Way

Orton wins by pinfall after a RKO to Wyatt

Becky Lynch vs. Laura Oxley ©

Becky wins by submission after locking in the Disarmer

Rusev vs. Shinsuke Nakamura ©

No Holds Barred match for the United States Championship.

Nakamura wins via pinfall after a Kinshasa.

John Cena vs. Bobby Roode

Singles match

Cena wins by pinfall after an AA.

Harper & Rowan vs. The Usos ©

Tag Team match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship

The Usos win by pinfall after a Uso Splash from Jey to Rowan.

Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles ©

Ladder match for the WWE Championship

Styles wins by pinfall after a Phenomenal Forearm.

Hell in a Cell

Sasha Banks and Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss and Nia Jaxx

Tag Team match

Sasha and Bayley win by pinfall after Bayley nails Alexa with a Diving Elbow Drop

Hideo Itami vs. Cedric Alexander ©

Singles match for the Cruiserweight Championship match

Alexander wins by pinfall after a Lumbar Check.

Rollins & Ambrose vs. Gallows & Anderson ©

Gallows & Anderson win by pinfall after the Boot of Doom to Ambrose.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns

Singles match

Lesnar wins by submission after locking in the Kimura Lock. He gave Reigns an F5 afterwards.

Suplex Count: 14

Neville vs. Finn Balor ©

Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship

Balor wins by pinfall after a Coup de Grace.

Paige vs. Asuka ©

Hell in a Cell match for the Raw Women's Championship

The Miz vs. Braun Strowman ©

Hell in a Cell match for the Universal Championship

May Year 1, Week 4

Sunday- Smackdown presents Backlash

(Win-Loss Record)

Naomi(2-4) vs. Charlotte(2-2)

Winner: Naomi

Ascension(K-3-3/V-2-2) vs. New Day(Woods(6-3)/Kofi(7-4))

Winner: New Day

Women's Championship

Natalya©(4-3) vs. Becky Lynch(4-3)

Winner: Natalya

Chris Jericho(0-5) vs. Daniel Bryan(0-3) vs. Luke Harper(0-2) vs. Tye Dillinger(0-0)

Winner: Daniel Bryan

United States Championship

Kevin Owens©(4-2) vs. AJ Styles(2-3) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura(3-1)

Winner: AJ Styles (2nd reign)

Dolph Ziggler(2-2) vs. Rusev(1-3)

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

WWE Championship

No Holds Barred

Jinder Mahal(5-3) vs. John Cena©(3-1)

Winner: John Cena

June Year 1, Week 1

Sunday- WWF/WCW presents Bash at the Beach

WCW United States Championship

DDP '98(4-4) vs. Bret Hart '98©(4-2)

Winner: Bret Hart

Triple Threat(Bigelow(2-4)/Candido(1-2)) vs. The Bushwackers(2-5)

Winner: Triple Threat

WCW Tag Team Championship

The Von Erich's(2-0) vs. The Outsiders©(5-1)

Winner: Outsiders

WWF Tag Team Championship

The Dudley Boyz(1-1) vs. The Hart Foundation(Hart '97/Neidhart)©(6-4)

Winner: Hart Foundation

Intercontinental Championship

Rob Van Dam©(5-2) vs. Sabu(3-1) vs. Umaga(1-1)

Winner: Rob Van Dam

WCW Championship

Tatsumi Fujinami(0-2) vs. Ric Flair '91©(4-1)

Winner: Tatsumi Fujinami (1st reign)

June Year 1, Week 2

Sunday- NXT presents Takeover: The End

NXT Tag Team Championship

TM-61(1-6) vs. Sabbatelli & Moss©(6-2)

Winner: Sabbatelli & Moss

Nikki Cross(3-4) vs. Aliyah(1-2)

Winner: Aliyah

Authors of Pain(A-(5-6)/R-(6-4)) vs. Sanity(EY(4-7)/Dain(3-5))

Winner: Authors of Pain

UK Championship

Austin Aries(2-1) vs. Roderick Strong©(3-6)

Winner: Roderick Strong

Women's Championship

Rhea Ripley(1-0) vs. Dakota Kai(0-0) vs. Asuka©(9-4)

WInner: Dakota Kai (1st reign)

Sting '91(3-9) vs. Kassius Ohno(3-3) vs. No Way Jose(5-1) vs. Demon Finn Balor(4-5)

Winner: Demon Finn Balor

Not sure if this is the right thread but Im having an issue in my Universe.

When I load it up, it gives me a warning that a single competitor has a tag team championship and that matches and rivalries wont work until I go and change this. What do I do? I went and changed every tag champ I had in the universe, vacated any titles not being used on a show. I still get this message.

FUKeflg.png

RAW, May - Week 2

Accidentally simulated show when I went to start show. At least I have results.

Grudge Match
Rhyno w/Heath Slater def. Samoa Joe

Grudge Match
Triple Threat
Roman Reigns def. Kevin Owens & Finn Balor

Grudge Match
Braun Strowman def. Mojo Rawley

Grudge Match
The Usos def. The Club

Grudge Match
Alicia Fox & Naomi def. The Bella Twins

Grudge Match
Edge w/Lita def. John Cena

Grudge Match
Triple H def. Shawn Michaels

Triple H suffered a minor injury during the match.

Not sure if this is the right thread but Im having an issue in my Universe.

When I load it up, it gives me a warning that a single competitor has a tag team championship and that matches and rivalries wont work until I go and change this. What do I do? I went and changed every tag champ I had in the universe, vacated any titles not being used on a show. I still get this message.

I think that this actually goes in the Bugs & Glitches thread.

Who are your tag champs? Are they in a tag team or a stable? If they're not that's why you're getting a message.

Also if it's a custom team you'll have to remake the team in Universe mode.

Archived