Reviews Thread

Golden Boy®

LOL, People started their complaining. Its the truth and it happens every year. Its always fun to watch, supporting 2K before the release of the game and kissing their arse and after the game is released complains all over the place. I know it is going to happen. ROFL.

First people must come out of the belief that 2K are saviors of the WWE games and must voice their opinion when the game is in production. 2K got their money and they will show us the middle finger until next year and giving us few patches for this year.

Game haven't changed or improved dramatically from THQ days apart from moving from one gen to the other. THQ also made some classic WWE games in the form of HCTP or some other shite.

Grow. The *Censored*. Up. How you havent gotten banned for flamebaiting yet I will never know.

You must do, maybe you are butt hurt because its some what related to you or maybe not. LOL.

Anyways, I have never triggered anything for getting a ban apart from sharing my opinion on the game and voicing my displeasure on some idiotic 2K decisions this year.

I was telling that complaints will be there once the game is released and its what, what is happening now.

Aint no stopping it!!!!!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldnt care less what your opinion of the damn game is, my problem is that every single *censored*ing post you make contains these snide flamebait insults towards anyone who doesn't happen to share your opinion. Take that shit to the 2K forums where it belongs.

As for oz, nice. Happy if my review helped in any way and its awesome you got a good deal on it. :cool:

First you people must grow up and stop supporting every *censored*ing crazy decision 2K makes. They are not angel. They are looting the customers in a way or the other and giving us the garbage game year after year. Its been more than 4 years and 5 games since 2K are making WWE games and they haven't done a shit apart from showing the great graphics and getting the applause from 2K fan boys and ignoring the core improvements of the game.

Now people blaming yukes for 2K's stupidity. ROFL. When yukes out who do you people blame, ROFL. The wrestlers for not mocapping the moves as you people want or what.

Definitely a great read. And overall I agree with the good. The bad I cant speak on because I havent got that far yet. At least to that specific tag match. I just won the NXT title so its still fresh to me. Career Mode is definitely fun. But I have to say while I know its hard to do, I really really would love voice options back in the game.

Also Ive said it once and Ill say it again, Yukes needs to be dropped. I know everyone needs a job and Im not being a dick but they need to go.

That's not really the problem. Yukes owns the engine they use, dropping Yukes means either having to make a new engine from scratch (which ain't happening in one year), or spending money to licence the engine (assuming Yukes would even be willing to do so).

Im down for dropping them and rebuilding a new engine from scratch. Im down with a lay off for a year. I know most arent but Im down.

Again, its not that, they literally can't not release a game, its in their contract with WWE.
Then *Censored* that contract or shred it. The game will be miles ahead if Yukes. Like Im never budging on that opinion. Theyve been the demise for years imo. Idk.

So, is the game really that shit as many people are saying it or they exaggerating?

I will get my game tomorrow as I got the PC version of the game and I hope it is better than last year, even though they have removed some entrances and CAW parts from what I am hearing. Its not a problem for me as I can add them in PC version of the game.

Glitches are hopefully going to be sorted.

Essentially though the gameplay is great and the matches seem to get better every year.

Had some epics so far.

Played as Nakamura v present day Sting... great ending after a match which both had plenty of prolonged offence. Finally had better of sting -he has very little energy/momentum left-Signature-Kinshasa...sting kicks out at 2. Hit another Kinshasa 1-2-Sting Kicks out at the death!

Out of nowhere Sting goes for his tombstone style finisher-Naka reverses it-Sting gets tombstonesd by Nakamura- one last Kinshasa1,2 3.

Nakamura finally gets the win!

Stick your arcade style...I love the realism

Also tag matches are much better this year.

Actual fun to play always found them a real chore in previous years

Definitely a great read. And overall I agree with the good. The bad I cant speak on because I havent got that far yet. At least to that specific tag match. I just won the NXT title so its still fresh to me. Career Mode is definitely fun. But I have to say while I know its hard to do, I really really would love voice options back in the game.

Also Ive said it once and Ill say it again, Yukes needs to be dropped. I know everyone needs a job and Im not being a dick but they need to go.

That's not really the problem. Yukes owns the engine they use, dropping Yukes means either having to make a new engine from scratch (which ain't happening in one year), or spending money to licence the engine (assuming Yukes would even be willing to do so).

Im down for dropping them and rebuilding a new engine from scratch. Im down with a lay off for a year. I know most arent but Im down.

Again, its not that, they literally can't not release a game, its in their contract with WWE.
Then *Censored* that contract or shred it. The game will be miles ahead if Yukes. Like Im never budging on that opinion. Theyve been the demise for years imo. Idk.

You need to learn how the real world works. WWE requires a yearly release in order to hold the contract. Not Yukes, not 2k. Yukes/2k can't just say "We need more time." ANY company that might pick this up will give us the same thing 2k did their first full go-round...something utterly bare bones.

The game is playable. It's just full of glitches and bugs that will hopefully be resolved through patches.

My biggest concern is 8 man matches. They are absolutely slow on the standard PS4.

It's pretty unplayable. I mean, how the heck am I supposed to win this match?

kYWPphr.png

This is the rule set given for a match. There's not even a ref!

So far, I've played with CAW mode. My main issue right now is that quite a bit of moves have been removed, like dropsault and Keylock Combo 4 in combination attacks. No reason to do that, and it's aggravating.

Only played exhibition and mostly universe mode, downloaded lots of caws some lose images for some reason, game play I would say is miles better, sometimes to get a glitch pin or its a random catch someone off gard ? Sometimes if hit a finisher or big move no matter the health u can win

Still rubbish rivals seems like same match ups all the time one vs one

2many promos and promo main events are annoying

Favourite person for move set is Mickie James she has some fun moves

Most models this year look really good , even Sid looks useable this year

Happy with the game so far and touch wood no deleted save file bugs

Not a huge diff from last year, the commentary is rubbish, they repeat too much not just in gen but in 1match up

Ive hard lots of epic matchups this year , normally with these games I win hands down and hardly get touched

The game is so deep and packed, not played online or my career or road to glory not really done much creating , so its good that after 6 days Ive played over 60 universe matches 20/30 exhibition matches

And overal I would say its much better than 2k17 and still so much to do, not enough time

I would say its same no gm mode or at least ratings for shows, match or year etc cos that would add something

Dont really know how power ranking works , think its the best of the best weekly? Top 10changes all the time

Only played exhibition and mostly universe mode, downloaded lots of caws some lose images for some reason, game play I would say is miles better, sometimes to get a glitch pin or its a random catch someone off gard ? Sometimes if hit a finisher or big move no matter the health u can win

Still rubbish rivals seems like same match ups all the time one vs one

2many promos and promo main events are annoying

Favourite person for move set is Mickie James she has some fun moves

Most models this year look really good , even Sid looks useable this year

Happy with the game so far and touch wood no deleted save file bugs

Not a huge diff from last year, the commentary is rubbish, they repeat too much not just in gen but in 1match up

Ive hard lots of epic matchups this year , normally with these games I win hands down and hardly get touched

The game is so deep and packed, not played online or my career or road to glory not really done much creating , so its good that after 6 days Ive played over 60 universe matches 20/30 exhibition matches

And overal I would say its much better than 2k17 and still so much to do, not enough time

I would say its same no gm mode or at least ratings for shows, match or year etc cos that would add something

Dont really know how power ranking works , think its the best of the best weekly? Top 10changes all the time

Alright guys let us know what you think about the game (or your thoughts on what you played so far)

I hate myplayer. Cant import your created superstar, no audio from any of the wrestlers (Lazy 2K) and whats the deal with Corbin where he starts with finisher and you screw up 1 move you lose.

Alright guys let us know what you think about the game (or your thoughts on what you played so far)

I hate myplayer. Cant import your created superstar, no audio from any of the wrestlers (Lazy 2K) and whats the deal with Corbin where he starts with finisher and you screw up 1 move you lose.

Oh yes, Lazy 2K. how dare they not try and get every single wrestler in the game into a recording studio and try to record a shiteload of generic lines all in the span of a couple small months. /sarcasm

Ok so Ive now spent enough time with the game. And Im going to say OVERALL its a step in the right direction. I enjoy the gameplay regardless of the reversal curve. Game has crashed a few times but nothing game breaking for me really. I have to say this though, while My Player is definitely better than previous years its still repetitive in its own ways. Speak to Todd in production over and over and over. The added additions however do keep me invested enough. I havent beat it yet but Im having fun for sure compared to previous years. I always have good promos now also. I do however dislike the prompts getting the wrong names of wrestlers at times. But it doesnt interrupt the flow at all. My Player still definitely needs something more and I cant describe what that is but theres still room for improvement. Over I give my experience with the game an 8 out of 10. I havent experienced a lot of the bugs others are having tbh. So good job 2K. Keep up the good work and improvements!

Archived