Reviews Thread

Golden Boy®

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great review! I'm giving it an 8.5

I'm a different player than most of you though. I've been a casual for the last couple of years and so I just play purely for fun with my favorite wrestlers in random matches. I don't know or care about frame rates, everything being 100% accurate and not expecting 2k doing the best work under a yearly title contract!

I haven't tried career yet as I'm just having a blast with exhibition and creations. I am playing universe but not any big show yet until I do my caw show soon, just doing legend and superstar shows meanwhile with random matches or my own edits but not for any title or rivalries.

Definitely a great read. And overall I agree with the good. The bad I cant speak on because I havent got that far yet. At least to that specific tag match. I just won the NXT title so its still fresh to me. Career Mode is definitely fun. But I have to say while I know its hard to do, I really really would love voice options back in the game.

Also Ive said it once and Ill say it again, Yukes needs to be dropped. I know everyone needs a job and Im not being a dick but they need to go.

Definitely a great read. And overall I agree with the good. The bad I cant speak on because I havent got that far yet. At least to that specific tag match. I just won the NXT title so its still fresh to me. Career Mode is definitely fun. But I have to say while I know its hard to do, I really really would love voice options back in the game.

Also Ive said it once and Ill say it again, Yukes needs to be dropped. I know everyone needs a job and Im not being a dick but they need to go.

That's not really the problem. Yukes owns the engine they use, dropping Yukes means either having to make a new engine from scratch (which ain't happening in one year), or spending money to licence the engine (assuming Yukes would even be willing to do so).

Almost the things wrong with WWE 2K18 at the time of release can be summed up in one single experience I've had. It was a 3 vs 3 tag match I was put into in career mode in which I had the objective of Win the match with 3 or more stars, me being the one pinning, and I had to hit at least 2 finishers. This match took me over an hour to complete, and was so horrifically frustrating that I nearly turned the game off entirely.

I loathe this match. I've been stuck on this since yesterday and have opted to playing Road to Glory and Online instead. Unfortunately I can't change the difficulty down from Legend, so I have no choice but to complete all three objectives.

That's not really the problem. Yukes owns the engine they use, dropping Yukes means either having to make a new engine from scratch (which ain't happening in one year), or spending money to licence the engine (assuming Yukes would even be willing to do so).

Im down for dropping them and rebuilding a new engine from scratch. Im down with a lay off for a year. I know most arent but Im down.

Im down for dropping them and rebuilding a new engine from scratch. Im down with a lay off for a year. I know most arent but Im down.

Again, its not that, they literally can't not release a game, its in their contract with WWE.

Only if you are purposely looking for the flaws and dwell on the negative aspects

"purposely looking for the flaws" It's like you haven't even played the game or you're blatantly white knighting it.

Look, I know everybody has varying degrees of enjoyment and I know opinions are not objective, but this game is mired by awful decisions, a clear lack of play testing, and an unrealistic pace of putting these games out year after year.

The more they try to BE what you see on TV, the more charm they lose, and the worse they get.

Bring back HCTP. Motion Capture killed this series like I feared it would when they first started using it.

Someone posted this in a thread recently and it rings true. The game is lifeless now.

X_5rsQ.gif

51ef49171f.gif

And this isn't even talking about the massive bug fest this game has become. The game "officially" releases Tuesday and we players have run into more bugs than there are people who will purchase this game. I'm not even talking about the little bits of details like "oh this titantron is slightly off, or X is missing a wristband." I'm talking about real problems.

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/478280-bugs-glitches-thread/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446680&page=3

You don't have to go looking for things that throw themselves in your face.

If you ask me, this game really....

F9GCpQt.gif

misses the target.

So, the problem with WWE games nowadays is that they're trying to go for realism over fun? Makes sense and would explain why most games FOR ME aren't as replayable as Raw 2 and SvR 06 were. I love the new moves but wish moves weren't taken out and those that were are added back in. No idea what the point is in taking moves out anyway. Plus, a lot of them aren't as fun as they were in the older games.

We ought to boycott the game/s until they start really improving it or at least, not release it buggy and all. Sadly, most fans won't do that, so 2K has very few reasons to actually give a shit.

LOL, People started their complaining. Its the truth and it happens every year. Its always fun to watch, supporting 2K before the release of the game and kissing their arse and after the game is released complains all over the place. I know it is going to happen. ROFL.

First people must come out of the belief that 2K are saviors of the WWE games and must voice their opinion when the game is in production. 2K got their money and they will show us the middle finger until next year and giving us few patches for this year.

Game haven't changed or improved dramatically from THQ days apart from moving from one gen to the other. THQ also made some classic WWE games in the form of HCTP or some other shite.

LOL, People started their complaining. Its the truth and it happens every year. Its always fun to watch, supporting 2K before the release of the game and kissing their arse and after the game is released complains all over the place. I know it is going to happen. ROFL.

First people must come out of the belief that 2K are saviors of the WWE games and must voice their opinion when the game is in production. 2K got their money and they will show us the middle finger until next year and giving us few patches for this year.

Game haven't changed or improved dramatically from THQ days apart from moving from one gen to the other. THQ also made some classic WWE games in the form of HCTP or some other shite.

Grow. The *Censored*. Up. How you havent gotten banned for flamebaiting yet I will never know.

Grow. The *Censored*. Up. How you havent gotten banned for flamebaiting yet I will never know.

Not sure if he's 'flamebaiting' or just expressing an opinion. If he was baiting, best not to bite. On topic though, thanks for your review GM Pepsay. I ended up buying the game for a third off the retail price. I will play it a bit tomorrow, but from all I hear I will sell it on and stick with 2K17.

Archived