#61 Creep.

Creep.

Big Red

• Members
  • 33,485 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

Troll tread? If not find something better to do ffs! People these days bitch about everything.

Says the guy posting on a forum to bitch about someone posting on a forum to bitch.
Says the guy posting on a forum to bitch about someone posting on a forum to bitch about someone posting on a forum to bitch.

Damn you got me.

#62 Saturi

Saturi

Caw Creator

• Members
  • 4,030 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Dumeka
  • Steam ID: Dumeka

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

To be fair, Darren Young was acknowledged as being gay and done so in a tasteful manner. No cliche stuff. He was also given a few opportunities.

To be honest they used it as an Advantage to Showcase that they are open minded and let it die right after (along with his small push).

So it was rather a Marketing stint than anything else.

#63 Creep.

Creep.

Big Red

• Members
  • 33,485 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

Everything WWE does it a marketing stunt. That's no surprise to anyone.

#64 A.O.L.

A.O.L.

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Wait so this was a legit topic? Oh. Ill post a well thought out opinion on a few hours. Because trust and believe when it comes to WWE, everything is done for a gain.

#65 Respect The Beard

Respect The Beard

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 18,436 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

To be fair, Darren Young was acknowledged as being gay and done so in a tasteful manner. No cliche stuff. He was also given a few opportunities.

To be honest they used it as an Advantage to Showcase that they are open minded and let it die right after (along with his small push).

Omg. Youd say this no matter what they did. There is really no winning.

#66 Vinsmoker

Vinsmoker

SULLIVAN MY SON

• Members
  • 35,072 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

Not to mention...Darren Young was injured when he came out, then he returned, got a push, failed to connect and therefore was demoted to Main Event. It's not like they actively worked against him in that

#67 Muur

Muur

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 30,663 posts
  • Gamertag: Marcus BWFC
  • SEN (PS3): Muur1993
  • Steam ID: MarcusBWFC
  • Twitter: @MarcusRalphson

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:44 PM

Not to mention...Darren Young was injured when he came out, then he returned, got a push, failed to connect and therefore was demoted to Main Event. It's not like they actively worked against him in that

He did get that one tag title run. 

#68 Faster Than Light

Faster Than Light

Everything By Design

• V.I.P
  • 16,699 posts
  • Gamertag: FTLightspeed

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:50 PM

And? He still failed to connect hence why he fell off back into obscurity 

(i don't keep up with what he does)

#69 Emrys

Emrys

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Daniel Bryan supports LGBT rights. He did the NOH8 photo shoot a few years back.

#70 Saturi

Saturi

Caw Creator

• Members
  • 4,030 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Dumeka
  • Steam ID: Dumeka

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

It has nothing to do with "no winning" it is the truth.

If your employee Comes out to you, you accept it, say everything is good (or not depending on how you think) and that's it.

You don't immediately start a campaign, bringing it up on the press and tv.

So of course it was all Marketing.The wwe always takes Advantage from such Things, it's nothing new.

To also clear the missunderstandings: I never said they buried him or something because of that.

Just meant that they took Advantage of the "buzz" and let it die after it was done for, that's all.

Edited by Saturi, 15 October 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#71 Respect The Beard

Respect The Beard

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 18,436 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

No. They wouldnt have let it die if he got over. And the push didnt come right after he came out. It was more than a few months afterwards.

Plus you just contradicted yourself. You talked about having openly gay characters showcased in a respectful manner. You got one. Now youre saying to leave it backstage and not bring it up again.

#72 Creep.

Creep.

Big Red

• Members
  • 33,485 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

No. They wouldnt have let it die if he got over. And the push didnt come right after he came out. It was more than a few months afterwards.

Plus you just contradicted yourself. You talked about having openly gay characters showcased in a respectful manner. You got one. Now youre saying to leave it backstage and not bring it up again.

Don't bother, you'll never win with him.

#73 A.O.L.

A.O.L.

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

Vince is a closet/repressed homosexual. So I mean, thats something I guess.

#74 Kombatant

Kombatant

Legend

• Members
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

I loath homophobia and racism but I don't wish bad things on them like getting fired and ending up like Hogan, unless their believes interferes with their work.

If some of my favorite wrestlers like AJ Styles really are homophobes, that sucks but I still have a ton of respect for the man's character and ring work. He's still my #1 guy in wwe right now