Update On Neville Following Rumored Release Request

HeLLBlaZer#14

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I identify with Neville if thats why he left(if true) and asked for his release. Its like if Im working at a firm and Im more qualified, more efficient, and more prompt overall, and they give the promotion to Tim instead of me, time to go to another firm who might appreciate me more. Idk.

If he really is gone I give him props too. Takes balls to bet on yourself and leave a high paying job to go prove your worth. It's nice to see more and more guys doing that. Giving the power back to the wrestlers.

I just hope idiots don't turn on him like they did with Punk. Even if he stops wrestling (which I don't find likely), it's his decision and it's his life. He owes you people nothing.

I definitely do. Aries was their biggest star other than Neville at the time. Since he left, nobody else seemed like that big of a deal as a challenger to Neville. Tozawa was maybe close but not quite, crowd didn't care nearly as much.

I identify with Neville if thats why he left(if true) and asked for his release. Its like if Im working at a firm and Im more qualified, more efficient, and more prompt overall, and they give the promotion to Tim instead of me, time to go to another firm who might appreciate me more. Idk.

According to Wrestling Inc, more people tuned in to see Enzo on 205 than it regularly gets viewers, so that's probably one of the reasons for his push. Sucks that corporations are like this, but it makes sense for WWE to roll the ball with someone who gets them more eyeballs. Wouldn't you choose someone who gets you the results you wanted, even if there are superior workers although they don't get the results?

This is interesting. Jericho told Neville that he needs to make Enzo look good and that it's his job to do so, which I sort of disagree with.

I definitely do. Aries was their biggest star other than Neville at the time. Since he left, nobody else seemed like that big of a deal as a challenger to Neville. Tozawa was maybe close but not quite, crowd didn't care nearly as much.

Aries should've absolutely beat Neville at Wrestlemania. And it should've been on the main show.

According to Wrestling Inc, more people tuned in to see Enzo on 205 than it regularly gets viewers, so that's probably one of the reasons for his push. Sucks that corporations are like this, but it makes sense for WWE to roll the ball with someone who gets them more eyeballs. Wouldn't you choose someone who gets you the results you wanted, even if there are superior workers although they don't get the results?

This is interesting. Jericho told Neville that he needs to make Enzo look good and that it's his job to do so, which I sort of disagree with.

If thats what was told to him by his employers then yeah its his job. Your boss tells you to do something I mean as sucky as it is, you do it. If it only came from Jericho I still agree. A lot of people had to make someone else look good even if they were better. This isnt new. Lol

Eh, thats an attitude thatll ruin the business. If he was unhappy for a bunch of reasons, sure. Good for him. If he left just because he was asked to lose to Enzo again, thats a bitch move.

If this shit was based on work rate alone, Lance Storm, Charlie Haas and guys like that would be multiple time world champions. Theres more to wrestling than the wrestling. Always has been.

Again, Im sure theres more to the story.

Sources have confirmed that WWE Superstar Adrian Neville did indeed walk out of Monday's Raw in Indianapolis before the show went on air. The plan had been for Neville to lose to Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore the non-title lumberjack match main event. The match saw Enzo drop the title to Kalisto

Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Neville walked out after learning he was originally scheduled to take the loss. This had been a last minute decision made by Vince McMahon because no one could come up with a better idea.

Rather than have Enzo defeat another cruiserweight, they decided to put the title on Kalisto. The Observer added that current plans are to get the championship back on Enzo and that title change could take place at the October 22 TLC PPV where Enzo will get his rematch.

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/48720/Update-On-Nevilles-WWE-Status/

Eh, thats an attitude thatll ruin the business. If he was unhappy for a bunch of reasons, sure. Good for him. If he left just because he was asked to lose to Enzo again, thats a bitch move.

If this shit was based on work rate alone, Lance Storm, Charlie Haas and guys like that would be multiple time world champions. Theres more to wrestling than the wrestling. Always has been.

I basically disagree with all of that.

I basically disagree with all of that.

Again, being an excellent worker doesn't guarantee being treated well or pushed unless you produce the desired results. Enzo got more eyes, so he was pushed despite his attitude. Why would you want to give raise to someone who works well but doesn't make as much money or draws in as much client as opposed to someone who gets your company tons of money and clients every month or so? in a business, you're most likely going to prioritize profits, and that's what WWE is doing.

Neville leaving over this is a bad move on his part. I mean, imagine if Piper left because he didn't want to lose to Mr. T. Look at what happened to WCW because old timers were prioritizing themselves over the company.

Credit pwinsider for this NEW info

few updates on the Neville-WWE situation:

*There have been reports that Neville walked out of Raw. That is incorrect. He was never on the road this past weekend as he did not work any of the live events and was not backstage, at any point, during Raw this past Monday. Mustafa Ali worked the Raw house shows, wrestling Enzo Amore, replacing Neville, who was originally slated for those shows.

*The original plan for Raw was Neville vs. Enzo Amore, but that was changed late in the day when it became known Neville would not be at the taping (possibly when everyone was made aware he wasn't going to be there), the decision was made to go with Kalisto and put the belt on him as a way to tie him to the legacy of Eddie Guerrero, as it was Guerrero's birthday and he legitimately helped inspire Kalisto to get into professional wrestling.

*According to two different sources, Neville has pushed for a release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT. We have been told there were several factors Neville was unhappy with. One source claimed a souring point was being left off of the Wrestlemania 33 DVD, which meant no royalties from what is traditionally the biggest selling WWE DVD of the year.

*Neville is still under contract to the company and has not been released. It is entirely possible the two sides will come to terms and he will return to the company, but as of right now, we are told he is not factored in any of the current plans for the Cruiserweight division or any other WWE brand and is not slated to travel to any house shows.

Enzo Amore didn't get more eyes on 205. WWE simply suddenly started to care about 205 Live and put the title on him.

You can have The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels on the pre-show and convince yourself that the views on YouTube are a evidence of the lack of interest, while attributing the sold-out main card to Jinder Mahal vs. Toru Yano in the main event.

A main card match/programm, that has effort put into it, will always get more attention than a throwaway pre-show match, with an uninteresting build up.

Enzo def got more eyes on 205. Or at least helped peak the interest lol How is that even questionable?

Because they booked everything around him differentley than they booked the Cruiserweight division beforehand? 205 Live basically got the Jinder Mahal treatment

As usual there are rights and wrongs from what we've read (I stress that this is still conjecture). Neville is perfectly within his rights to seek a release if he's unhappy - I don't think anyone can dispute that. BUT at the same time, he still owed it to his "employer" (In this case, Vince) to do a professional job and what was asked of him.

If the reports are to be believed (and again, this is conjecture) Neville basically refused to do what the company asked him, and also no-showed an event he was booked for - which happen to be two of the biggest "no-no"s in WWE. If that's the case, then it is unprofessional conduct.

The right way to handle it would have been (and again I'm not saying this isn't actually what happened) is to seek Vince out, explain to him his feelings, try and work something else out - do that, and then request your release, or perhaps ask for an extended time out. But do what is asked of you by essentially the company that's employing you.

Archived