Update On Neville Following Rumored Release Request

HeLLBlaZer#14

EVIL will never be more than a bootleg Undertaker to me...and not even a good one. All his shit looks plastic and shit...like he went to the Halloween aisle in a dollar store. I don't have anything against the guy himself (as far as his work is concerned)...but that gimmick is so awful when it comes to my personal tastes.

Meh, fair enough, I can see why you would think that.

Me, personally, I love everything about the guy. He's a very good wrestler.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally can't stand anime, but EVIL reminds me of an irl anime character and that shit just works in wrestling. You don't think Taker looked corny as *Censored* when he first debuted? Someone legit took a cheap boiler suit, put on a child's tie and gave him poor makeup. It's no different to EVIL. Hate it all you wish, but he knows he's being corny and over the top and that works with LIJ and their whole attitude. The dude is corny and he doesn't care if you like it or not. And I appreciate that.

You don't think Taker looked corny as *Censored* when he first debuted?

Meh...not really.

Compared to the other characters during that time of professional wrestling, Taker was looking downright spiffy. He could never debut in 2018 looking like that...but that was 1990. We were coming off the clown party of the 80's, and Taker really didn't look that over-the-top at all.

EVIL is a dude in the current era, on a product with a lot of very professional looking guys, who carries around a plastic scythe. And he isn't the only one that I have issues with, tbh...a lot of guys in NJPW like to wear really cheap looking plastic skull masks and stuff. It's all super corny to me. If you're going to wear a skull mask and act like a badass, then the mask better look good, IMO. I think the only hard plastic type stuff that I actually do like, are Naito's hockey mask type entrance masks.

And the anime connection is noted. But that doesn't help my cause, since I find a lot of modern anime to be hard to watch for similar reasons.

In my case I generally don't like any overly dark/supernatural stuff in my wrestling, so EVIL really ain't my cup of tea, regardless of how self aware he is over his appearance.

Also I won't lie, the fake prop guns Kenny uses are kinda lame too. Would be cooler if they had some sort of pyro that he could fire into the air, rather than just do his pose with it.

I like my pop-culture references to be subtly worked into the ring-gear itself. Anything with props is pushing it for me. I like guys like Rey, Rollins, etc...who do something with their appearance, and it might take 30 seconds before you realize what the reference is.

But, anyway...this convo has taken a turn. Guess we should return to Neville himself, and not ring gear of stables that he may or probably won't ever be a part of. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived