Update On Neville Following Rumored Release Request

HeLLBlaZer#14

Bodyslam.net is now reporting that former WWE cruiserweight champion Neville is closer than ever to leaving the company. The last time there was an update on the situation, it was revealed that Neville was still sitting out his contract at home. He has reportedly asked for his release but so far WWE has not granted it.

The latest report reveals that the former 205 Live superstar is no longer living in Florida, which he called home during his WWE career. He said quietly said goodbye to his American friends and went back to the UK, but has tried to keep the move secret.

Another source said that Nevilles name hasnt been mention within WWE in ages. The Man That Gravity Forgot walked out of the company in October of last year due to being unhappy with his job. As of now, hes still under contract.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/neville-reportedly-closer-leaving-wwe/

Best of the Super Juniors is starting this month. Maybe he can work out something and get into that tournament in time? Doubtful I know, but you cant blame me for thinking about it. Im still holding out hope he WWE can bring him back. Almas isnt working 205 so it may make him happier if he wasnt on that show (even though I still think that show is still good).

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almas kayfabe weight exceeds 205 pounds. I get what you are saying though. Neville could easily be used as an upper midcarder on Smackdown Live.

Quite honestly though, the dirtsheets are just grabbing for straws on this one. They are basically publishing the same article worded differently over and over.

Think there were reports back then that the CWC was designed to introduce Almas. Also, I think before Zelina came in, a lot of people assumed 205 Live would be his best chance of ever getting called up.

I don't get how this Neville situation is such a hot mess, from either side really. There were so many easier ways to deal with it. Would "drafting" Neville from 205 to SmackDown have really been that bad? Would letting a cruiserweight leave the company been a death blow? Hell even in Neville's case, why not just work a bit longer while negotiating something instead of burning the bridge? Just seems like there's probably better ways to have handled this.

Think there were reports back then that the CWC was designed to introduce Almas. Also, I think before Zelina came in, a lot of people assumed 205 Live would be his best chance of ever getting called up.

But I still don't see how that relates to Neville. Balor was the first Universal Champion lol.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived