HUGE UFC Star at wrestlemania 34 ?!!??

glennsoe

All I know is Floyd tagged his bum ass. And I enjoyed every second of it. WWE doesnt need him. F that. Ronda Im down with. Him, after ripping most the roster, nah.

It was a boxing match. Floyd is a better boxer. Conor is a better fighter. I mean...you don't call someone an overrated artist if they're amazing at pencil drawing but suck at painting...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look I dont want to hear that shit. He stepped into Floyds world, talked shit, got knocked out. And point out WHERE I personally said he was overrated. Ill wait. Because I was very clear not to say hes overrated like others in this thread did. I dont even care whose the better fighter. I care about him NOT participating in WWE. I simply said *Censored* him and WWE doesnt need him. Thats my stance on it. As Im sure you have your stance on it.

I wish they'd stop this "non wrestling personality is the big attraction" stuff at Mania. Mania should be about the best of the WWE showcasing themselves. Celebrity involvement should just be used to enhance that.

Mind you, given the likely main event will be Lesnar laying down for Big Dog - this one could probably use the help.

I wish they'd stop this "non wrestling personality is the big attraction" stuff at Mania. Mania should be about the best of the WWE showcasing themselves. Celebrity involvement should just be used to enhance that.

Mind you, given the likely main event will be Lesnar laying down for Big Dog - this one could probably use the help.

You understand that Wrestlemania has never been about "the best of WWE showcasing themselves" right? Wrestlemania is and has always been a massive PR stunt. Celebrities have always had involvement just like the Super Bowl or other big showcase events.

How is it not clear to everyone that WWE's view of Wrestlemania and the "smart fans" view of the event are very different? It's never been about the wrestling. Only the mainstream coverage and entertainment factor.

You understand that Wrestlemania has never been about "the best of WWE showcasing themselves" right? Wrestlemania is and has always been a massive PR stunt. Celebrities have always had involvement just like the Super Bowl or other big showcase events.

How is it not clear to everyone that WWE's view of Wrestlemania and the "smart fans" view of the event are very different? It's never been about the wrestling. Only the mainstream coverage and entertainment factor.

No, I understand it's to generate mainstream buzz - but the classic MO of Wrestlemania was to use the celebrities and the buzz to draw people - and then showcase what the WWE can do in order to try and keep them coming back.

I agree that WWE's plan has definitely put the wrestling on the back burner over the past few years (dare we mention the Kid Rock Concert) Mentioning the Super Bowl is good - yes it's nice to have Katy Perry perform, but the world tunes in to see the NFL's championship decided. The NFL would never say - Come and see a Katy Perry concert, oh by the way there's a football match too.

Celebrity involvement is just fluff.

No, I understand it's to generate mainstream buzz - but the classic MO of Wrestlemania was to use the celebrities and the buzz to draw people - and then showcase what the WWE can do in order to try and keep them coming back.

I agree that WWE's plan has definitely put the wrestling on the back burner over the past few years (dare we mention the Kid Rock Concert) Mentioning the Super Bowl is good - yes it's nice to have Katy Perry perform, but the world tunes in to see the NFL's championship decided. The NFL would never say - Come and see a Katy Perry concert, oh by the way there's a football match too.

Celebrity involvement is just fluff.

Might be "just fluff" to you, but that's my entire point. WWE very clearly don't see it as just fluff, they very clearly see it as an integral part of the show.

Also WWE would never say that either. They wouldn't say "come see Conor McGregor and btw Lesnar and Roman are fighting too" if anything they'd promote it equally.

And also, no wrestling isn't "on the back burner" what a stupid thing to say. It's the heart and premise of the entire show, it can never be on the back burner. It's not so black and white as you're making it out to be. There is a middle ground there and you clearly can't see it.

If it does happen, they'll probably have him beat Braun Strowman in a "shoot"...just to further de-legitimize him. Repeat of Mayweather/Big Show...just with McGregor and Braun.

I will break someone.....

You wont do anything lol

No real benefit, it's Conor McGregor and Conor McGregor is pure money, there's your benefit.

Bet those empty seats would be a bit more filled in if Conor showed up.

You think the extra tickets sold will be enough to cover McGregor's salary as well as making a profit?

No real benefit, it's Conor McGregor and Conor McGregor is pure money, there's your benefit.

You think the extra tickets sold will be enough to cover McGregor's salary as well as making a profit?

Extra tickets, no. But it does open a lot of doors for WWE to do business and get more money that way.

They don't get any empty seats at Mania anyway.

Yeah, but he's not going to be at Mania only. At least, I would think so.

How can you say on one hand it isnt about the wrestling then say its stupid when someone says wrestling is put on the backburner? Seems like a contradiction to me. And yes Im aware Im not part of said discussion but that seems odd to say to me.

No. I talked about the middle ground.

Obviously it's basis is a wrestling show, but the celebrity involvement is something they think is as integral. I'm just saying the fans have a different view of what Mania should be than what WWE does. Mike commented that wrestling is on the back burner because of celeb involvement, I'm saying that's not quite true.

How can you say on one hand it isnt about the wrestling then say its stupid when someone says wrestling is put on the backburner? Seems like a contradiction to me. And yes Im aware Im not part of said discussion but that seems odd to say to me.

No. I talked about the middle ground.

Obviously it's basis is a wrestling show, but the celebrity involvement is something they think is as integral. I'm just saying the fans have a different view of what Mania should be than what WWE does. Mike commented that wrestling is on the back burner because of celeb involvement, I'm saying that's not quite true.

Oh ok, well then my bad.

I'm not a die hard fan of WWE by any means. I actually only started to watch it again last year when there was nothing in tv and got brought back in.

I missed the Dek Rios, Jack Swagger and many other era.

I stopped watched it around 5 years ago because I got bored but now I'm back into it.

Now back on the topic, I love it when celebrities are involved. Whenever I see Brock is back for PPV it's a must watch and with Shane being back for HIAC I was really looking forward to that.

If WWE have a cross over with UFC and have Brock, McGregor and Rounda on board then is should be great.

Yeah the concerts can just *Censored* off. But Ill be honest if it was someone I cared about I wouldnt be saying that lls

Good point. I dont exactly care about MGK but his was sick because the dude took a cool bump (from Owens through a table).

So it really depends...

Yeah the concerts can just *Censored* off. But Ill be honest if it was someone I cared about I wouldnt be saying that lls

Good point. I dont exactly care about MGK but his was sick because the dude took a cool bump (from Owens through a table).

So it really depends...

I second this. I still have mad respect for him even taking that bump lol

I agree with the above.

I love the part-timers coming back for big matches, celebrity involvement and well, everything but the actual concerts.

Especially these days when the big PPVs are five to six hours of pure wrestling. I appreciate the breaks.

Five to six hours of pure wrestling? You know how much wrestling time bell to bell there was at Wrestlemania, excluding the pre-show? Less than 2 and a half hours. Barely over 2 at Summerslam.

Archived