Special status for veteran members

HopesAnchor131

Just something I felt like throwing out there, there's lots of us who have been here 10 years+ (including me) how about a special badge icon when people reach 10 years on the forum? I mean I see some members are VIP, I don't know how that status is given but maybe the rank for 10 years+?

If not, just a similar that says "veteran member" etc?

Got bored and thought about it, opinions?

EDIT: Yeah was probably a stupid idea from me anyways tbh as usual, nvm.

You could always change your member title.

<--------- See that above my avatar? Though I'm not sure if you still need a certain number of posts to change it anymore.

Yeah can't do that, it's a limit, 5000 posts I think.

You could always change your member title.

<--------- See that above my avatar? Though I'm not sure if you still need a certain number of posts to change it anymore.

Yeah can't do that, it's a limit, 5000 posts I think.

It was changed to 1500 posts I believe in recent years (a staff member could correct me on this)

Anyways my thoughts on the topic (eh, I doubt anyone cares but eh). I wouldn't mind seeing a silver equivalent to the VIP group for people who have been active for 10 years and haven't been (too bad) disciplinary problems (or at least relatively recently). Pretty much a reward for being active for lets say 10 years That's something to be commendable by itself and could be a good reward for model veteran members members. And something to be taken away if the 'model' part no longer applies i guess.

It's not necessary or anything, just throwing a bone really.

And once you get up to 1500 posts, you could put 'Veteran Member' in your user title.

What about special badges for those who have 20,000 posts? I'm almost there...

I'd be down for that, since a 10 year badge thing would be useless to me anyway. Too much lurking at the start. :shift:

What about special badges for those who have 20,000 posts? I'm almost there...

I'd be down for that, since a 10 year badge thing would be useless to me anyway. Too much lurking at the start. :shift:

Just gotta make sure you stay round till 2019 ;)

It would be kinda nice to see, especially because a lot of people probably see people's post count as a sign of them being a veteran member, when it's not the case.

Plus, if this VIP thing was for former global mods, why don't I have it? :P

It'd be slightly funny if Ernie stepped down and didn't get VIP. Becomes one of us vanillas.

This is bad news for everyone but if I ever stepped down it would be because I have to leave the forum. SO...if I'm here, you're stuck with me lmao

It'd be slightly funny if Ernie stepped down and didn't get VIP. Becomes one of us vanillas.

This is bad news for everyone but if I ever stepped down it would be because I have to leave the forum. SO...if I'm here, you're stuck with me lmao

Robo-Ernez would take your place.

Who's to say Robo-Ernez already hasn't taken over? I do recall a lot of people used to say you were a robot.

Robo-Ernez would take your place.

Who's to say Robo-Ernez already hasn't taken over? I do recall a lot of people used to say you were a robot.

Would be ironic if Robo-Ernez now is more non-robotic than old Ernez lmao

Also we'll discuss this. If ya'll wanna keep talking about it, there is the general section old members thread.

Archived