BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle; BlazBlue, RWBY, Persona, & UNIEL crossover

God of Lightning

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd wanna see the whole roster before buying. I mean, I know it wouldn't make sense to have every one ever as it would ruin future games for them but still. It's probably just the BlazBlue roster with like, 4 from the other three or something.

edit: ah it shows 7 slots for each, I guess-

Narukami

Yosuke

Yukiko

Chie

Kanji

Teddie

Naoto

The character select is a place holder and the game is still pre-Alpha, so we're likely to see more than that, though one persona at the event did mention that there'd likely be more BlazBlue characters than others.

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say there is absolutely no chance we get the entire Investigation Team.

As for my wishlist:

BlazBlue:

-Rags ©

-Jin ©

-Noel (lock)

-Rachel

-Terumi(him and/or Hazama is a lock)

-Tsubaki

-Izayoi

-Nu

-Azreal

-Makoto

-Nine

-Kokonoe

-Jubei

-Hakumen

Persona:

-Yu ©

-Yosuke ©
-Chie (lock)

-Naoto

-Aigis

-Elizabeth

-Labrys

-Rise

-Adachi(lock)

-Mitsuru

RWBY:

-Ruby ©

-Yang(lock)

-Blake(lock)

-Weiss(lock)

-Pyhrra

-Cinder

-Qrow

-Roman

-Penny

-Juane or Ren

UNIEL:

-Hyde©

-Lynne©

-Orie

-Vatista

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say there is absolutely no chance we get the entire Investigation Team.

We should though. P4 is dead now and P5 is what's new, so they may as well reuse all the models from the cast of 4. Add in Rise from Ultimax to get it to 8 and we're set. I'd also have Joker with Morgana (like with Ken and Koro in Ulti) as a DLC as a teaser for P5 Arena

I'm just hoping it comes to Xbox, since three of those franchises are already on there

Also hoping they dub it, just copy the voices from the older games

If their plan is to just dump everything, then sure. Why not? But if we're working under the much more likely assumption that there's limited roster space and some characters will have to be left out? No. I'd rather have some of the other characters.

If people have to be left out, that's why I went with the 8 main characters of 4. Since it's 4 Arena, I think the cast from 3 is who would be left behind.

I take it you've played Under Night before? it any good?

I didn't play much. Certain;y much enough to get a feel for the whole roster or learn anything about the characters, but the gameplay was nice.

As for the IT, they're really not the main characters of Arena. Labrys is. Then you have characters like Aigis who's the 2nd MC for P3 and Elizabeth who has her own story in the Arena games.

I guess it depends what route they take. I don't think Elizabeth would suddenly revive Minato in a random cross over game though. Larbys and Minazuki are fair points though, they're from the Arena games. Adachi if they need bad guys too.

Really the best thing to do would be to have the IT, as well as Labrys but ehhhhh we'll see. I think just the IT and maybe Larybs and Adachi as DLC. Or some of the IT as DLC

Having interest in this just for this being a fighting game with RWBY characters, Im curious on your pick from that show, Lightning. Outside of the title characters that is. Pyrrha, Qrow, and Cinder being obvious picks. And id want then in too, but im thinking Cinder, Adam, Mercury, and Emerald are more likely. Make it 50/50 of heroes and villains.

But people like Neo, Nora, Juane, and Qrow(especially Qrow for me) have big fandoms.

I only just got into Ruby a few months ago, so I can't comment much on fandoms, but unless I'm missing something, Adam, Emerald, and Mercury aren't that important in the grand scheme of things and Adam really doesn't have much to work with. Team JNPR on the other hand, are pretty much the secondary main characters, or just main characters now and Qrow is pretty important plus seems to be very popular. Then there's Roman who was the first main villain, is popular, and makes for a good dynamic with Adachi and Hazama/Terumi who are definitely getting in.

Emerald and Mercury arent big villians, but they have shown to be very strong as well as shown off enough with their fighting to give off what they could do. And Adam is Blake's main antagonist. But there is a huge selection of people they could use from RWBY. Hell, putting a Grim in wouldnt be a bad thing either IMO. Maybe something like the Gorilla Grim.

Aye. Blazblue, Persona Arena and RWBY are on Xbox, so maybe it's Under Night keeping it off (none are on Switch till now I suppose)

Or they just want only two systems so now it's "lolXbox"

Had a feeling this would be the BlazBlue Switch game, but it's good to have confirmation. Definitely getting it on that. No XBox1 is weird, though.

Especially considering the RWBY addition. Roosterteeth is very much pro XBox. Achievement Hunter only does PS4 videos once in a blue moon

P5 devs have said that P5 Arena will depend on if this game sells. That doesn't even make sense. Surely it should be based on the two Arena games that already exist+P5

• 2 months later...

So it's out in June and only has 20 base game characters with 20 as DLC. That's ridiculous

Base game is 10 from BB, 4 from Persona, 4 from Underknight and 2 from RWBY

I guess that would be in line with other games with the base+dlc but that's still retarded. I guess they want to sell as many base copies as possible and hope fans get the DLC but all they've done is alienate the most hardcore ones.

Plus with 20 DLC slots it'll prob just be the same distribution again and we need Kanji, Teddie, Naoto and maybe Rise but I get the final slot will be either Rise or Adachi. And that's if we get 4 more Persona. We need 5 more Persona 4 slots really but Persona isn't gonna get a quarter of the DLC so someone's gonna have to miss out. Maybe even 2.

I honestly wasn't expecting this to release before EVO and seeing how things are now, I'm not sure I get it. I doubt Arksys is trying to get the game out in time for EVO because there's absolutely no way it makes the cut this year and there's no way they can actually believe otherwise.

At the very least, they should've waited a bit so it could be 30-10. That way we get Blake and Yang + whoever else at launch and we don't end up with half the roster as DLC. The fact that there's still dub outside of battle quotes for the RWBY characters (they're not even dubbed in the goddamn story) just makes an already awful situation worse.

No dub confirmed? I'll be annoyed if the Persona cast aren't dubbed. Just copy paste their lines from Arena...

I'm being really put off from this game. First not on Xbox, then this DLC and now no dub?

I'll probably still get it, just in like 3 years for £5 (or more likely the first time it goes on sale, like 6 months after it comes out)

Archived