Street Profits

GMaybee

Wow NXT is the only weekly WWE show that I will consistently watch and if for some reason I miss an episode I go back and watch them. Heck some of the matches have been so good I've even rewatched them. A lot of the talent that they bring up into the main roster are handled so poorly when they "make it" to there that it leaves new fans wondering what was so great about this guy or gal, or team. I often think Vince and his team of writers and bookers may not really be watching the product either.

The culture in NXT is completely different. The fans seem to have a strong say in the product, the wrestling matches don't feel rushed and many of them are excellent. The story telling is more consistent. The new talent whether homegrown or from an independent background are hungry and really working to stand out in the crowd, each one bringing something different.

There is a lot of things you've missed.

Like evidence of the women's revolution and not just a catchphrase for self importance and societal positioning. The 4 Horsewomen mantle was earned there. Why is Asuka's debut at TLC such a big deal, you'd know if you watched NXT.

Tag Team wrestling has finally become important again why? What's so great about The Revival? If you watch NXT expecially the TakeOver specials you will understand why it was a Chin Check for the main roster. The excitement and technique in these matches (storytelling) made watching the next days PPV for the main roster feel like it was just another episode of Raw or Smackdown.

Before it was NXT they had the building blocks of Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Cesaro, Damien Sandow, Big E, Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Bad News Barrett, Rusev, and others.

Bobby Roode, Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Neville, Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn all seasoned Indy guys who would just have fantastic matches against one another. With plenty more still on the show Hideo Itami, Roderick Strong, Tomasso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano, Andrade Almas, Eric Young, Oney Lorcan, Kassius Ohno, Aleister Black, the returning Drew McIntyre, TM-61, ReDragon, Adam Cole bay bay.

Some of the home grown talent are really starting to impress also. Who will be the Next to breakout of the pack, like Baron Corbin and Braun Strowman (I don't think he even was on NXT TV). Although I have no explanation for Elias (I can't believe he got over) and I will probably never care about Mojo (sorry I just don't believe the hype,... bro)

The Cruiserweight Classic, The Mae Young Classic, and The United Kingdom Tournament probably would not have even happened had it not been for the strides in NXT. Why they are struggling with 205 Live is just stupid, I hope they rectify this soon. So much freaking talent with half assed stories and cartoon presentation. I hope HHH steps in and saves the day on this one. I honestly wish he would put together a revamped tournament style for King of the Ring that pulled from all rosters, that would result in a deserving Number 1 contender, not just some guy whose carrying a briefcase.

Sorry for the rant. If you have the opportunity you all should at least watch the TakeOver shows, I don't think there has been a bad one yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived