Universe info!

Ernez

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I see, the new features are mostly superficials. I won't lie, it seems cool and I will enjoy those. The Power Rankings looks really nice but I see a lot of things wrong for me that I hope are wrong

1) No 205. This alone should be a no-sell for how the Universe Mode is done because they were incapable to put into the game something that exists for over a year. They were incapable of putting it in so they just left it out which is really bad.

And I'm not seeing any Cruiserweight mention in the card of Raw so I'm gonna assume they are just a part of the Raw roster and not of the Cruiserweight Division

2) The rivalries. Now, I really appreciate that we have different kinds of rivalries. It's awesome but only 3 rivalries when there is 4 Titles on each brand ? I probably won't be able to book any feud outside of the title and even then, one title won't have a feud. It kind of sucks

Plus, I haven't seen exemples of how the rivalries will be. I hate this rivalry system because it's so predictable, I wished it was like it was before where you had random stuff. A tag team would break up in a random match, you would have someone making his injury returns, you would've someone turning heel. This is what this mode lacks, surprises and it sucks it doesn't seem improved

3) No managers. This sucks. This is such a big thing of the WWE programming these days and I hate how it's impossible to assign managers when it is really the one thing that breaks the immersion. It sucks that 2K created such wonderful entrances like The Miz & Maryse and I won't be able to see them... Also, I hope that this year, it's actually possible to put women in stables

I couldn't have said it better myself.

It's a really cool redesign and I love what they did with the goals. It helps if we want to give a direction ( along with those potential rivalries ) so it's really cool

Sadly, 205 simply doesn't exist as I feared since no one cares about that belt and TJP fights Bray Wyatt ad managers don't exist either since Lesnar fights without Heyman. Really suck... Though, not everything is dark since Nikki Cross is part of Sanity in Universe so at least, that's one thing I wanted them to add

Well, time to rethink my Universe and finds a plan for what to do with all the 205 guys without their division, they will probably all get drafted :P

Why don't you just create a 205 live show? Did your forget that this is a feature?

If they have everything in it, arena, banner, show graphics, where is the problem?

Do we even have enough 205 guys to create a show?

That's a good question. :D

And yeah you also have to move the day to Thursday or Friday.

i have to find out if we could make this year the tag belts a main title

if we can than i will have a new show with the tag titles and a brand new mid card title for it( hate the weight limitation)

if its not possible my universe will only have one tag title and one women title for a big and strong divison

I agree with most of the sentiments here. Universe mode truly is where all of my time was spent with these games, but it never lived up to it's potential.

I think the developers thrive at in-game features that have to do with creation, customization and editing, but they're lacking in other departments and fail to add depth to their main game modes like Career or Universe.

On the surface, you're going to see so much going on with these modes- you have rivalries, allies, stables, injuries, but what does any of that amount to? These features give you the impression that there's much more to the mode when there isn't. Career mode, as far as I can tell from my past, limited experience, suffered the same problem; it seemed like a decent RPG-driven experience on the outside but eventually you realize all the details serve as a red herring: it was a bland and linear experience regardless of any indications that would suggest otherwise.

I'm not trying to be overly negative, just sharing my genuine thoughts here. It's cool that most of you guys are looking forward to this and I hope the game lives up to your expectations.

After watching some videos today I have decided to stick with 2K17 for another year. There is simply not enough new content for me. I love the new roster, but I usually play with CAWs anyway and am more of an old-school fan. I play Universe mode almost exclusively and nothing has really changed from what I can see. Gameplay isn't that much better and the carry system isn't great in my opinion. I love the fact we have 4 on 4 matches, but I just don't see enough in this game for me and am underwhelmed.

Got a feeling this isn't the last we'll hear from you about this game

I'll still be keeping up with info on the game and commenting. I love wrestling games, I just don't feel that adding Power Rankings and Potential rivalries is enough to warrant a purchase. I have only just organised my caws and Universe mode to exactly what I want in 2K17 and have not even touched career mode. Still, If everyone comes on here a week after release and says how amazing it is I might change my mind, but with what I have seen so far I don't think that will be the case.

Also disappointed in universe mode, power rankings is not a new feature? wasn't it in older games, the article made it sound like it was new. Haven't decided if I'll pick it up, I'm not a person that ever pre-orders games, anyways so will probably just wait around, get some more details and opinions once it's released, and decide then.

PS. I can't believe their still restricting us to only 4 championships per show. :(

I've decided not to complain about the title slots and just create a UK Based show to showcase that amazing looking belt I just moved some people around and added some caws I know will be High Quality and made released before the month is out that's it!

UK Show

1. Tyler Bate

2. Donovan Dijak

3. Marty Scurll

4. Pete Dunne

5. Katsuyori Shibata

6. Chris Brookes

7. Travis Banks

8. Kid Lykos

9. Trent Seven

10. Zack Sabre Jr.

11. "Gentleman"Jack Gallagher

12. Aiden English

13. Noam Dar

14. Drew McIntyre (DLC)

UK Championship

UK Tag Team Champions

You're not restricted, you can still use other titles, you just have to do it manually.

True, I worded it wrong.

Yeah. It certainly isn't optimal of course, but its a hell of a lot better than not being able to use unlisted titles at all.

It actually helped me out in 2K17 as it allowed me to do a title that was only defended twice a year.

Archived