• Please log in to reply
1209 replies to this topic

#1201 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,118 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:50 PM

I read about that shooting at the mall. Reports are that the guy they shot had a gun in his hand as he was running. Could have been that he pulled it out to defend himself and the cops thought he was the one. Quite unfortunate and the worst part is that we try to dissect these incidents after they happen and try to figure out why people did or didn't get shot when we should all be united in saying that these shootings should be prevented but we can't even do that.

Yeah he was a concealed carry permit holder if I was the cops that would be a tough call to make two to know whether he was a shooter or not you see a guy running from a mass shooting event with a gun in his hand you're automatically going to think he's the Gunner

#1202 WNX

WNX

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,225 posts
  • Gamertag: WebbanationX
  • SEN (PS3): WebbanationX

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:43 PM

That does sound like a tough sitch to read :(. Seems to be the new thing now, the people trying to help getting the D

#1203 EJ!

EJ!

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,703 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 05:36 AM

kinda hurts the good guy with a gun theory. this is the second time this month believe.

imagine in Vegas if a bunch of those concertgoers had guns to stop the mass shooter. each of them would shoot the first person they saw with a gun, meanwhile the real shooter was nowhere near any of them.

#1204 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 52,946 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:05 AM

The "good guy with a gun" theory is a lot like "trickle-down" theory, it's all horseshit used as justification. The good guy theory works only if the good guy has a gun and the bad guy has a gun or is clearly the bad guy, and the good guy isn't trigger happy or reactive. 

#1205 WNX

WNX

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,225 posts
  • Gamertag: WebbanationX
  • SEN (PS3): WebbanationX

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:34 AM

imagine in Vegas if a bunch of those concertgoers had guns to stop the mass shooter. each of them would shoot the first person they saw with a gun, meanwhile the real shooter was nowhere near any of them.

Ho...ly...sheeit. In my head, that scenario got real bad, real quick

#1206 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 21,591 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:58 PM

Ho...ly...sheeit. In my head, that scenario got real bad, real quick

Good point there.

#1207 Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort

Legend

• Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:31 PM

The "good guy with a gun" theory is a lot like "trickle-down" theory, it's all horseshit used as justification. The good guy theory works only if the good guy has a gun and the bad guy has a gun or is clearly the bad guy, and the good guy isn't trigger happy or reactive. 

The guy was active duty military.  I trust him more than a handgun than Hoover police.  His father was also a Birmingham police officer.  I trust him with a gun more than Hoover police.

More news has come out.  Allegedly he had a handgun tucked into his waistband and was directing people to exits while he was shot.

The good guy theory works at times.  There was a shooting a month or two ago in Birmingham, which Hoover is a suburb of.  An armed man walks into a McDonald's.  He starts opening fire and someoneva concealed carry permit pulls iuo their handgun and opens fire on the gunman.

#1208 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 52,946 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:46 AM

Trusting an active duty military personnel can be risky given PTSD. And isn't Birmingham known for its racist roots? I wouldn't trust them around black people. 

Good guy theory rarely works and wouldn't be worth the risk. Imagine not knowing where the shooter is, most gun-happy people would be quick to shoot anyone with a gun. 

#1209 Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort

Legend

• Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:44 AM

The victim was active duty military home for Thanksgiving. His father is or was a cop. What's also *censored*ed up about the situation is that the family found out he was killed through social media and despite asking for authorities' confirmation, the authorities didn't say anything. The next day, an officer who was friends with his father told the family.

Birmingham itself isn't racist despite it's history. The city is over 70% African American and every mayor since the late 70s has been black. Since the 60s, white people have been moving to the suburbs, initially for segregation, and later due to the rising crime-rate in Birmingham. Suburbs like Hoover are racist. Hoover was created as an escape for affluential white Birminghamians. Those that are black that live in Hoover are usually at least upper middle class. One of the writer's from The Root resides in Hoover.

#1210 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 52,946 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:24 PM

I'm surprised there hasn't been any outrage over that, that I know of, given this country's unhealthy obsession with the troops. 

What about the cops though? I mean, even in places like NYC there's racial discrimination going on.