Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

Gun violence in USA is very high. Gun violence in UK and Australia are very low. Seems like good people aren't hurt much. I also can't recall people arguing for banning guns, but more people would rather argue to regulate guns or make the laws stricter. There literally is little to no good argument for lax gun laws, especially from the party that claims to be pro-life and family values.

You're right. Let's start by making murder illegal and possession of firearms when you're not allowed to illegal as well.

Even the good guys with the guns kill civilians. Not counting all the cops shooting black people all the time, but the shooting in Jersey City and the shooting with that kidnapped UPS driver cops killed civilians.

Many people ask whether black or white citizens are more likely to be shot and why. If you live in a county that has a lot of white people committing crimes, white people are more likely to be shot. If you live in a county that has a lot of black people committing crimes, black people are more likely to be shot.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/08/police-officer-shootings-gun-violence-racial-bias-crime-data/595528/

When you factor in that 13% of the population (black) commit roughly 50% of crime (per FBI statistics), that is what you get.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's hilarious (not really) that Shape keeps making apples of oranges.

Critical thinking is important, kids.

That applies to most, if not all, gun maniacs, probably because NRA bullshits the brainwashed idiots into believing Democrats want to take away their guns. What's sad is that there are many gun owners/republicans who do think we should have stricter gun laws, but they get drowned out.

Gun violence in USA is very high. Gun violence in UK and Australia are very low. Seems like good people aren't hurt much. I also can't recall people arguing for banning guns, but more people would rather argue to regulate guns or make the laws stricter. There literally is little to no good argument for lax gun laws, especially from the party that claims to be pro-life and family values.

You're right. Let's start by making murder illegal and possession of firearms when you're not allowed to illegal as well.

Even the good guys with the guns kill civilians. Not counting all the cops shooting black people all the time, but the shooting in Jersey City and the shooting with that kidnapped UPS driver cops killed civilians.

Many people ask whether black or white citizens are more likely to be shot and why. If you live in a county that has a lot of white people committing crimes, white people are more likely to be shot. If you live in a county that has a lot of black people committing crimes, black people are more likely to be shot.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/08/police-officer-shootings-gun-violence-racial-bias-crime-data/595528/

When you factor in that 13% of the population (black) commit roughly 50% of crime (per FBI statistics), that is what you get.

Ah so its a black problem, and not a gun problem.

well first of all murder IS illegal duh, secondly, NOBODY is saying to make guns illegal. people want reasonable and sensible laws and regulations.

Sarcasm my friend.

I hear that so often, it's becoming almost cult-like. Yet when I ask what sensible gun laws and regulations you would pass, nobody has an answer or they want to infringe on people's rights.

Ah so its a black problem, and not a gun problem.

No, it's a culture problem. When you are largely overproportional in crime statistics, there is something wrong.

I think it's hilarious (not really) that Shape keeps making apples of oranges.

Critical thinking is important, kids.

That applies to most, if not all, gun maniacs, probably because NRA bullshits the brainwashed idiots into believing Democrats want to take away their guns. What's sad is that there are many gun owners/republicans who do think we should have stricter gun laws, but they get drowned out.

Even the most moderate Democrat candidates want to ban all semiautos, which is 95% of the guns in the United States. What would you call it?

The problem is noone wants to actively do anything to try and fix the problem. We all just accept this is the way its gonna be cause there are illegal guns on the streets instead of maybe shifting focus to try and get the illegal guns off the streets. In my town, there is a known gang house, its actually known by the police but nothing is done about it. They know the bar the guys hang out in, they know what type of dealings the gang does, but is anything done about it?

Maybe since the NRA is so attached to their guns they donate to police efforts to try and get guns off the streets that are illegal. Or maybe we treat the people in these mass shootings as what they are, terrorists.

Even the most moderate Democrat candidates want to ban all semiautos, which is 95% of the guns in the United States. What would you call it?

I'd probably say...that if the far-right ever gave some leeway, and stopped fighting even the most common-sense gun laws...we'd be where we need to be, and both sides could shut the *Censored* up.

For real...how is it that you don't understand that you make it worse by pushing back? If you own a gun, you are considered a responsible gun owner...right up to the point when you say "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE! OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS!"...Once you do that, you create the need for further gun laws...because you sound like an insane person.

Do you really not think that Democrats own any guns? Crawl out from under your rock and stop being a sock puppet.

I'd probably say...that if the far-right ever gave some leeway, and stopped fighting even the most common-sense gun laws...we'd be where we need to be, and both sides could shut the *Censored* up.

For real...how is it that you don't understand that you make it worse by pushing back? If you own a gun, you are considered a responsible gun owner...right up to the point when you say "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE! OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS!"..Once you do that, you create the need for further gun laws...because you sound like an insane person.

So how should I respond to someone wanting to ban 95% of all firearms? Please tell me.

The problem is noone wants to actively do anything to try and fix the problem. We all just accept this is the way its gonna be cause there are illegal guns on the streets instead of maybe shifting focus to try and get the illegal guns off the streets. In my town, there is a known gang house, its actually known by the police but nothing is done about it. They know the bar the guys hang out in, they know what type of dealings the gang does, but is anything done about it?

Maybe since the NRA is so attached to their guns they donate to police efforts to try and get guns off the streets that are illegal. Or maybe we treat the people in these mass shootings as what they are, terrorists.

Funny you say that because Republicans tend to donate more than Democrats.

So how should I respond to someone wanting to ban 95% of all firearms? Please tell me.

If that was a true scenario, maybe I would bother to help you out...but that's a bullshit statistic. So...help yourself.

It's a bullshit statistic that 95% of guns in the US are semiauto? Do you know anything about firearms?

there are good solutions to reduce gun violence, but the NRA and republican politicians are against any and all solutions that may reduce their profits. On the contrary, there's no good reason to own guns or have lax gun control laws, especially when places like Japan, Australia, and UK have very low gun violence with its strict gun laws or banned guns.

there are good solutions to reduce gun violence, but the NRA and republican politicians are against any and all solutions that may reduce their profits. On the contrary, there's no good reason to own guns or have lax gun control laws, especially when places like Japan, Australia, and UK have very low gun violence with its strict gun laws or banned guns.

And what are those solutions?

well for one, discontinue 'weapons of war' (AK-47s, AR-15s) from being available to the general public. because their is no reason the general public needs either of them. and how about make it mandatory to show proof of a purchased gunsafe/lock box when purchasing/registering for a firearm.

Funny you say that because Republicans tend to donate more than Democrats.

If that was a true scenario, maybe I would bother to help you out...but that's a bullshit statistic. So...help yourself.

It's a bullshit statistic that 95% of guns in the US are semiauto? Do you know anything about firearms?

I never said anything about the democrats or republicans? I said the NRA.

well for one, discontinue 'weapons of war' (AK-47s, AR-15s) from being available to the general public. because their is no reason the general public needs either of them. and how about make it mandatory to show proof of a purchased gunsafe/lock box when purchasing/registering for a firearm.

Semiauto AK-47 and AR-15's are not weapons of war my friend. I would feel very worried being deployed with a .223 semiauto.

I'm sorry, but as that may (I doubt it) stop accidental shootings, it will not stop suicides and homicides one bit.

I never said anything about the democrats or republicans? I said the NRA.

And who do you think donates to the NRA?

The NRA is a bad day away from being a terrorist organization. Said it before. Will keep saying it.

Their funds come from incredibly shady sources, their recruitment techniques are incredibly shady, they perpetuate fear and spread false information. They squash common-sense gun laws for the sole purpose of helping keep the industry flush with cash. The NRA is not a "gun safety" or "pro rights" organization...the NRA is a lobby for the gun industry. They keep the gun industry in a lofty position of wealth and power. That is the only reason the NRA exists in 2020 (maybe the organization had values once upon a time...but not now)...and, yes...only idiots donate to them. Idiots and politicians.

If the NRA didn't exist (or even if they actually cared, and actually did what they say they do)...then guns would not have as bad of a rep as they currently have. Keeping some of these common-sense laws from passing does little more than prove some of these claims about "gun nuts" to be true. The NRA exists to help put guns in the hands of as many people as possible (whether they should have them or not).

I really can't think of any organization that does more harm to its own cause than the NRA does for responsible gun ownership. Nothing about the NRA is "responsible". Sending out fliers and mailers to people who don't own guns and saying "you need to defend yourself from the government" is not "responsible" behavior.

Yeah, the NRA and like-minded people are what's giving guns and its owners bad rep, which is unfortunate for gun owners with common sense. Getting rid of them would be so much better for the country.

Archived