Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I guess it's gone?

Tragic shooting in Jersey city yesterday, with multiple deaths, including a cop. Originally thought to be a drug deal gone wrong...now being stated that it was anti-semetic in nature, with the target specifically being a Jewish deli. Supects David Anderson and Francine Graham were apparently tied to the black Israelite movement. Religious writings found in U-haul that was driven to the scene.

Say it with me kids...domestic TER-ROR-ISM.

Great deal of sorrow for the family of the officer (Joe Seals), who leaves five kids and a wife.

I guess it's gone?

Tragic shooting in Jersey city yesterday, with multiple deaths, including a cop. Originally thought to be a drug deal gone wrong...now being stated that it was anti-semetic in nature, with the target specifically being a Jewish deli. Supects David Anderson and Francine Graham were apparently tied to the black Israelite movement. Religious writings found in U-haul that was driven to the scene.

Say it with me kids...domestic TER-ROR-ISM.

Great deal of sorrow for the family of the officer (Joe Seals), who leaves five kids and a wife.

Horrible news, so many innocent lives lost.

I'm confused though, if they're part of the Israelite movement then why would they hate the Jewish?

I'm confused though, if they're part of the Israelite movement then why would they hate the Jewish?

BLACK Israelite Movement. They're a whole other spiteful beast

Yeah, it's so funny that they don't repeat that they are black after they state that they are suspecting ties to the Black Israelite Movement. You know, that point really has to be driven home.

Just because you want to hear and see it more, doesn't mean it's not mentioned.

I suppose they should also accentuate that one of the shooters was a woman. Because in this case especially it's so important.

Stop flamebaiting already.

Still doesn't change the fact that the majority of mass shooters are white males, and usually with a history of domestic violence.

Not true. Majority of mass shootings are gang related.

Yeah, it's so funny that they don't repeat that they are black after they state that they are suspecting ties to the Black Israelite Movement. You know, that point really has to be driven home.

I suppose they should also accentuate that one of the shooters was a woman. Because in this case especially it's so important.

It's apparently important when they are white and male.

how does that disprove what I said? Gang-related shooting can involve white males with history of domestic violence.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

Funnily enough, the media and people treat people of color and Black people even worse. THe news will paint them as bad as possible, while their entire race, ethnicity, or religion gets mentioned and even villainized, with white racists demanding apologies from the group. But when white people commit mass shootings, the media will try to humanize them as much as possible, painting them as lone wolves with bad childhood (even if they belong to dangerous groups), and often the cops will try to take them alive.

Hell, you see it with how the right will bring up immigrants and nonwhites committing crimes but ignore actual white people committing the same crimes, if not worse. That's the main reason why the shooters' whiteness is brought up often.

"A May 2018 policy brief by the Rockefeller Institute of Government at the State University of New York, which looked at any

incident that resulted in deaths or injuries and excluded gang violence or terrorist activity, found that the perception that whites

are responsible for nearly all mass shootings is a myth."

“Despite common misperceptions that all mass shooters are white, the findings indicate that while a majority are, this proportion is just over half of the perpetrators (53.9 percent),” said the study, noting that almost all were men. “More than one in four shooters is black and nearly one in ten is of Hispanic descent.”

Amy Swearer, senior legal policy analyst at The Heritage Foundation, said about two-thirds of shooters are found to have serious mental problems but that the media coverage has focused on those with an ideological bent such as racism or nativism.

“The media attention that they get is disproportionate to really even the percentage they account for in terms of mass public shootings, and then mass public shootings in general get a disproportionate amount of coverage in terms of what they account for in number of deaths,” Ms. Swearer said.That’s not to say white nationalism isn’t an issue, she said: “There have been quite a number of high-profile incidents, whether completed or thwarted, in the last couple of years by individuals with a white nationalist bent that are very concerning."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/5/white-nationalist-mass-shootings-not-rising-resear/

White shooters are proportional to the population. Whites are the majority in the U.S., so of course the majority of mass shooters are white. However, Nearly one in four are black which is over representative of their population which is at 12.7%. Hispanics do one in ten which is under representative of their population which is at 16.7%.

Here is the link to the study.

https://rockinst.org/issue-area/can-mass-shootings-be-stopped/

I liked this graph in the study about the gun used.

figure2-e1525186437660-1024x638.png

lol at Washington Times. Their bias could not have been more clear even if they said they only reported and twisted things that sounds favorable to the right.

So basically over 50% of mass shootings have been done as opposed to about 25% of Black people and about 10% of Hispanic people. Thank you for proving my point.

Still doesn't change my point that the racist right demonize Black people and people of color for committing crimes but will ignore white people committing even worse crimes, no matter how many of them do it and how many fall victim.

lol at Washington Times. Their bias could not have been more clear even if they said they only reported and twisted things that sounds favorable to the right.

So basically over 50% of mass shootings have been done as opposed to about 25% of Black people and about 10% of Hispanic people. Thank you for proving my point.

Still doesn't change my point that the racist right demonize Black people and people of color for committing crimes but will ignore white people committing even worse crimes, no matter how many of them do it and how many fall victim.

I provided the actual study.

I wasn't trying to prove anything with that study, besides the fact that white shooters are representative of the population, while Blacks over represent and Hispanics under represent.

Only in your head, bucko.

Still doesn't change the fact that the majority of mass shooters are white males, and usually with a history of domestic violence.

Not true. Majority of mass shootings are gang related.

It's apparently important when they are white and male.

It is important because you have a leader right how who's trying to tell us how dangerous immigrants are when in reality there have only been a handful of killings by immigrants over white people who keep being involved with these mass shootings and all you are hearing is how they were great kids and noone saw this coming. Meanwhile tainted lettuce has killed more people then immigrants and seems to give a shit about that.

It is important because you have a leader right how who's trying to tell us how dangerous Illegal immigrants are when in reality there have only been a handful of killings by immigrants over white people who keep being involved with these mass shootings and all you are hearing is how they were great kids and noone saw this coming. Meanwhile tainted lettuce has killed more people then immigrants and seems to give a shit about that.

Fixed that for you.

Black Hebrew Isrealites are not really Jewish nor semites.

Are they black though? Serious question.

Nobody knows how many members there are so, technically, its speculative. I can say that most members come from Africa or Israel and CNN describes them as a "black militant group."

Everytime I have seen them, they have been black.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/11/us/hebrew-black-israelites-jersey-city/index.html

This is the book the article references.

https://www.amazon.com/Chosen-People-American-Israelite-Religions/dp/0190490098/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=jacob+dorman&qid=1576167776&sr=8-1

Black Hebrew Isrealites are not really Jewish nor semites.

Are they black though? Serious question.

It's mainly composed of African Americans, yes. Ignore TheShape_1987 please, otherwise it's going to turn into a bizzare discussions. I don't know where he got that most of them are coming from Africa or Israel.

Archived