Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

Society ==/== goverment

I literally never said goverment gives you rights, nor did I imply it.

But I have no comprehension...

And no, not "me". Because that was Mango kid... You were talking to him about it the whole time...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Society ==/== goverment

And no, not "me". Because that was Mango kid... You were talking to him about it the whole time...

Society creates government. Rights are created by a higher power, that is bestowed upon society.

I never said you did.

My mistake. Both of your arguments are on the same level so I conflated you both.

Society ==/== goverment

Society creates government. Rights are created by a higher power, that is bestowed upon society.

I never said you did.

My mistake. Both of your arguments are on the same level so I conflated you both.

"You are out of your element Donny."

If you didn't, then don't deflect or mention things that are not part of the argument or that anybody is claiming. And if you say that "rights are created", then you are oblivious to what I am saying or to the conversation. You can believe in whichever or whatever kind of higher power you want. Belief is belief, I respect that and that's not up for debate. But "rights", we have, are not created by a higher power. To say that "rights were created by a higher power" is metaphysical and we are not having that kind of conversation at all.

Bananas are red.

Really, don't resort to flamebaiting just because you can't properly read and argue.

God never gave anyone guns nor is it a God-given right. Even if it was, it sounds hypocritical as by that logic, stuff like abortion and migration are also God-given rights (latter is literally how USA was created), and yet you have people arguing against that. Guns, like cars, video games, and other materials, are privileges. Those who aren't fit to own a weapon used for ending lives shouldn't be allowed to even touch a gun, and people shouldn't be allowed to buy tons of guns or stock up on guns, there's no reason to.

God never gave anyone guns nor is it a God-given right. Even if it was, it sounds hypocritical as by that logic, stuff like abortion and migration are also God-given rights (latter is literally how USA was created), and yet you have people arguing against that.

Guns, like cars, video games, and other materials, are privileges.

Those who aren't fit to own a weapon used for ending lives shouldn't be allowed to even touch a gun, and people shouldn't be allowed to buy tons of guns or stock up on guns, there's no reason to.

It is a God-given right. That's why it is in the Bill of Rights. And the Declaration of Independence states that our rights are given to us by our Creator, not government. Abortion and migration are not in the Bill of Rights, therefore they are not given to us by our Creator. It's a pretty easy concept to understand.

No, guns are not. That is why the right to bear arms is in the Bill of Rights. Again, an easy concept to understand.

You're right. Those who aren't fit to own a weapon shouldn't be allowed to touch a gun. We generally define that as those who voluntarily gave up their rights (felon) by committing a crime or by having mental deficiency.

Law-abiding citizens who meet the qualifications should be able to buy as many guns as they want because, once again, it is a God-given right.

It's not a God-given right. THat's assuming God is real, guns have existed for centuries even before Christ, and God likes seeing his supposed children kill each other.

Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence (both made before we got guns like machine guns and shit, right?) aren't from God. Does the Bible or Ten Commandments mention guns? I mean, a founder could have just as easily written that the creator does not want citizens to use guns, but would you believe that? I highly doubt it as it wouldn't go with what you want. Plus, if it really was a God-given right, then wouldn't everyone be born with a gun in their hands? Wouldn't everyone own a gun at some point, and all countries allow people to own guns? And wouldn't that make God a horrible person for letting people own weapons designed to kill? Isn't killing a sin in the first place?

Migration has been happening since the beginning of time, and abortion isn't a man-made thing, even the body will abort naturally if it has to.

Yes, guns are privileges.

No, it's not a God-given right. And what's to stop "law-abiding" citizens from hiding their true intentions and selling guns or planning to use guns to commit mass murder? No one whatsoever needs to own 10s or 100s of guns.

It's not a God-given right. THat's assuming God is real, guns have existed for centuries even before Christ, and God likes seeing his supposed children kill each other.

Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence (both made before we got guns like machine guns and shit, right?) aren't from God.

Does the Bible or Ten Commandments mention guns?

I mean, a founder could have just as easily written that the creator does not want citizens to use guns, but would you believe that? I highly doubt it as it wouldn't go with what you want.

Plus, if it really was a God-given right, then wouldn't everyone be born with a gun in their hands?

Wouldn't everyone own a gun at some point, and all countries allow people to own guns?

And wouldn't that make God a horrible person for letting people own weapons designed to kill?

Isn't killing a sin in the first place?

Migration has been happening since the beginning of time, and abortion isn't a man-made thing, even the body will abort naturally if it has to.

No, it's not a God-given right. And what's to stop "law-abiding" citizens from hiding their true intentions and selling guns or planning to use guns to commit mass murder? No one whatsoever needs to own 10s or 100s of guns.

-I never said guns come from God. I said the right to bear arms comes from God. You can deny it all you want. Doesn't make it any less true. All you have is your opinions. I have the actual text from the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

First from the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Now from the Bills of RIGHTS:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

-The Bible nor the Ten Commandments mention guns, but that is irrelevant to the discussion.

-That's not what happened, so again, irrelevant.

-Again, it is the right to bear arms. Not the right to be born with a gun in your hand.

-The United States citizens recognize that rights come from their Creator. Everyone should have these rights. However, they are subject to the governments they live in, unfortunately.

-Not if it is for self-defense.

-No, the original Hebrew translation is "Thou shall not murder."

-Now, if you would like to counter and point out to me where abortion and migration are in the Bill of RIGHTS, by all means show me.

Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence (both made before we got guns like machine guns and shit, right?) aren't from God.

I mean, a founder could have just as easily written that the creator does not want citizens to use guns, but would you believe that? I highly doubt it as it wouldn't go with what you want.

Plus, if it really was a God-given right, then wouldn't everyone be born with a gun in their hands?

Wouldn't everyone own a gun at some point, and all countries allow people to own guns?

And wouldn't that make God a horrible person for letting people own weapons designed to kill?

-I never said guns come from God. I said the right to bear arms comes from God. You can deny it all you want. Doesn't make it any less true. All you have is your opinions. I have the actual text from the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. I

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

-The Bible nor the Ten Commandments mention guns, but that is irrelevant to the discussion.

-Again, it is the right to bear arms. Not the right to be born with a gun in your hand.

-The United States citizens recognize that rights come from their Creator. Everyone should have these rights. However, they are subject to the governments they live in, unfortunately.

-Now, if you would like to counter and point out to me where abortion and migration are in the Bill of RIGHTS, by all means show me.

Facepalm that doesn't make guns a god-given right and again you posted decoration in the I guess African-Americans at the time did not have god-given rights so that that negates the whole the whole Declaration of Independence

-I never said guns come from God. I said the right to bear arms comes from God. You can deny it all you want. Doesn't make it any less true. All you have is your opinions. I have the actual text from the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

Again does not a god-given right that is a Man created right

A well regulated militia who's regulating the militia is the militia the National Guard or your average person and in that case your average person needs to be regulated

How about we do this we completely get rid of the whole Constitution rewrite it so constitutional lawyers like you no longer have a job cuz it won't be vague as s***

-I never said guns come from God. I said the right to bear arms comes from God. You can deny it all you want. Doesn't make it any less true. All you have is your opinions. I have the actual text from the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. I

Facepalm that doesn't make guns a god-given right and again you posted decoration in the I guess African-Americans at the time did not have god-given rights so that that negates the whole the whole Declaration of Independence

Again does not a god-given right that is a Man created right

A well regulated militia who's regulating the militia is the militia the National Guard or your average person and in that case your average person needs to be regulated

How about we do this we completely get rid of the whole Constitution rewrite it so constitutional lawyers like you no longer have a job cuz it won't be vague as s***

The Founding documents and Supreme Court related court cases would disagree with you entirely.

*shrugs*

I can't believe people are actually arguing against what the Founding Documents and case law said. This is twilight zone material.

Well considering that one of the founding fathers said the Constitution should be Rewritten every decade it's not so much it has never been Rewritten since it was created and Amendment doesn't count

And you're going by judges interpretation which may not be what it was actually meant when it was written

And it still does not change the fact that man's rights are not the same as God given rights could God did not give the person rights man did

Well considering that one of the founding fathers said the Constitution should be Rewritten every decade it's not so much it has never been Rewritten since it was created and Amendment doesn't count

And you're going by judges interpretation which may not be what it was actually meant when it was written

And it still does not change the fact that man's rights are not the same as God given rights could God did not give the person rights man did

Via Convention of States. Blame the Dems on that one. Amended does count as rewritten, since something is being added.

The judges in DC v Heller went by the Federalist Papers, which were written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay.

If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist. [Federalist 29]

The framers of the Constitution state that our rights come from our Creator, not government. Unlike everywhere else where government gives you your rights, our government in the United States is supposed to protect our rights.

right, so "the creator" gives rights to the US citizens... but other countries... have goverment given rights.

"The creator" chose Southern American continent, and the nation founded by specifical people at a given time... and "gave them rights". While the other parts of the world can go *Censored* themselves and follow their own rules and "rights".

The constitution is a political document... like many others throught human history...

"The framers of our constitution state that our rights cone from our Creator"

Well ok, and they are... what?

Yes it is supposed to, and they really aren't by making you have to be paranoid of random gunmen coming to your house, and making you not feel safe in your community.

Yawn, ,shit arguments to claim guns are God-given rights. For a group of people that's supposedly "pro-life," they sure love proving otherwise. No true pro-lifer would want lax gun control after constant mass shootings and even kids being killed. Bullshit all around.

Via Convention of States. Blame the Dems on that one. Amended does count as rewritten, since something is being added.

The judges in DC v Heller went by the Federalist Papers, which were written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay.

If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist. [

Federalist 29

]

The framers of the Constitution state that our rights come from our Creator, not government. Unlike everywhere else where government gives you your rights, our government in the United States is supposed to protect our rights.

Admend is not the same as rewritten for one and 2

Who is the creator then so does that mean the rights can change by who ever in charge of there creator isn't he same as the writers of the bill of rights

right, so "the creator" gives rights to the US citizens... but other countries... have goverment given rights.

"The creator" chose Southern American continent, and the nation founded by specifical people at a given time... and "gave them rights". While the other parts of the world can go *Censored* themselves and follow their own rules and "rights".

The constitution is a political document... like many others throught human history...

"The framers of our constitution state that our rights cone from our Creator"

Well ok, and they are... what?

Yes it is supposed to, and they really aren't by making you have to be paranoid of random gunmen coming to your house, and making you not feel safe in your community.

Yes. Those other countries suppress their subjects.

See above.

Yes.

Not cone but come from our Creator.

See Bill of Rights.

I'm not paranoid actually because I have the right to defend myself.

Yawn, ,shit arguments to claim guns are God-given rights.

For a group of people that's supposedly "pro-life," they sure love proving otherwise. No true pro-lifer would want lax gun control after constant mass shootings and even kids being killed. Bullshit all around.

If you call the Founding Documents and settled law as "shit" arguments, then your arguments are "sub-shit."

Do we have to get into me showing you, once again, that homicides and gun violence have been on a steady decline for decade while gun ownership has risen in the meantime? Even you admitted to that.

If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist. [

Federalist 29

]

Admend is not the same as rewritten for one and 2

Who is the creator then so does that mean the rights can change by who ever in charge of there creator isn't he same as the writers of the bill of rights

amend- make minor changes in (a text) in order to make it fairer, more accurate, or more up-to-date.

synonyms: revise, alter, change, modify, qualify, adapt, adjust;

The creator is whoever or whatever you believed created everything. God, Allah, the Big Bang. Nobody is in charge of the Creator.

• 1 month later...

So according to yahoo his Instagram he post lot of far righr stuff from,Hitler he half half Italian half Iran

Santino William Legan, a 19-year-old resident of Gilroy, who also spent some time in Nevada[7] was identified by authorities as the shooter who was killed by police.[14] Witnesses reported that he appeared to be firing at random.[8]

We're 210 days into 2019 and there have already been 246 mass shootings," she said in the statement, adding: "This reality is horrifying. It's heartbreaking. And the fact that our nation's leaders continue to fail to protect us should fuel outrage in every American. This must stop - we must stop this."

He was apparently able to buy a gun in Nevada and take it to California. Had NV had stricter gun laws, this tragedy could have likely been avoided.

But the party of "family values" and "pro-life" don't give a shit about that as long as they get money in their pockets.

He was apparently able to buy a gun in Nevada and take it to California. Had NV had stricter gun laws, this tragedy could have likely been avoided.

But the party of "family values" and "pro-life" don't give a shit about that as long as they get money in their pockets.

Nevada is ran by Dems. They have a Dem governor and have majorities in both houses.

Nevada is ran by Dems. They have a Dem governor and have majorities in both houses.

Which doesn't change anything about what M3J said

Which doesn't change anything about what M3J said

Sure it does. He is complaining about Nevada having lax gun laws and blaming it on Republicans, when they are a minority in the state government. Pretty cut and dry.

Archived