Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

So apparently, to add to his disturbing social media presence, he went so far as to comment under a mass shooting documentary on Youtube saying: I am going to be a professional school shooter.

The poster of fhe video contacted the authorities and the FBI went to interview Nikolas the next day and obviously did not do a good job of investigating him further because nothing came of it. No terror watch list or anything. And then this kid went and legally purchased an AR-15.

I hate to do the argument thing again but come the *Censored* on. There is literally zero reason a guy who was 1. interviewed by the FBI for suspicion of doing exactly what he ended up doing, 2. expelled from his high school where he was not allowed to carry a bookbag because people were scared of him concealing a weapon 3. a white supremacist 4. shot at his neighbors chickens for fun and threw eggs at peoples cars as they were driving should be able to legally purchase an AR-15. Can we please agree on that? I read Floridas gun laws are very lax, a simple background check could have prevented this because this kid was proudly presenting every red flag imaginable.

People keep saying he could have purchased a gun on the black market if he could not get one legally. My problem with that argument is that for one, many of these mass shootings have been carried out by legally obtained weapons and two, if whole police departments across the world have trouble finding black market dealers, what makes you think your everyday person can just stumble across one so easily, and to buy an assault rifle? The time it would have taken for this kid to realize how hard it is to find an assault rifle maybe would have been enough time for him to change his mind or at the very least find a less effective means to carry out his deed resulting in fewer deaths or total failure.

The answer cannot be arming teachers and sending kids to school with vests. Chris Kyle, a revered soldier was murdered by his own weapon by a guy he thought was fishy and all the military training and experience in the world could not prevent his death so how would an everyday low-salary teacher whos scared shitless be any better off than Chris Kyle? You can weapon train them but at the end of the day, they are teachers, they are not army tough. Their job isnt war, theyll never be used to constantly being in life or death situations, they just go to school expecting to teach kids.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently, to add to his disturbing social media presence, he went so far as to comment under a mass shooting documentary on Youtube saying: I am going to be a professional school shooter.

The poster of fhe video contacted the authorities and the FBI went to interview Nikolas the next day and obviously did not do a good job of investigating him further because nothing came of it. No terror watch list or anything. And then this kid went and legally purchased an AR-15.

I hate to do the argument thing again but come the *Censored* on. There is literally zero reason a guy who was 1. interviewed by the FBI for suspicion of doing exactly what he ended up doing, 2. expelled from his high school where he was not allowed to carry a bookbag because people were scared of him concealing a weapon 3. a white supremacist 4. shot at his neighbors chickens for fun and threw eggs at peoples cars as they were driving should be able to legally purchase an AR-15. Can we please agree on that? I read Floridas gun laws are very lax, a simple background check could have prevented this because this kid was proudly presenting every red flag imaginable.

People keep saying he could have purchased a gun on the black market if he could not get one legally. My problem with that argument is that for one, many of these mass shootings have been carried out by legally obtained weapons and two, if whole police departments across the world have trouble finding black market dealers, what makes you think your everyday person can just stumble across one so easily, and to buy an assault rifle? The time it would have taken for this kid to realize how hard it is to find an assault rifle maybe would have been enough time for him to change his mind or at the very least find a less effective means to carry out his deed resulting in fewer deaths or total failure.

The answer cannot be arming teachers and sending kids to school with vests. Chris Kyle, a revered soldier was murdered by his own weapon by a guy he thought was fishy and all the military training and experience in the world could not prevent his death so how would an everyday low-salary teacher whos scared shitless be any better off than Chris Kyle? You can weapon train them but at the end of the day, they are teachers, they are not army tough. Their job isnt war, theyll never be used to constantly being in life or death situations, they just go to school expecting to teach kids.

Well it's not like they had any evidence that he was going to do it at the time there was no evidence for the FBI to charge him for anything and we can start charging people for what they might do I believe at the time he was a minor so they couldn't do anything to begin with that's why I it never came up in the background check

Arming a teacher to protect his class sounds like an awesome and practical idea until that teachers wife leaves him and he loses half his money then you have some suicidal, unstable, depressed and mentally unstable guy with a gun who will probably use that gun to hurt others. You can't really take that risk and put so much trust in a teacher.

Well it's not like they had any evidence that he was going to do it at the time there was no evidence for the FBI to charge him for anything and we can start charging people for what they might do I believe at the time he was a minor so they couldn't do anything to begin with that's why I it never came up in the background check

Not saying to charge him, but if your behavior causes an FBI interview or investigation...that is something you may wanna jot down in their record

or keep note of or something. You cant risk shit like this. The kid was *censored*ing expelled. It is hard to get expelled. You dont get to buy an AR-15 if you manage to do that.

Purchasing a gun on the black market would be harder though and increase the chances of him being caught. Seriously, gun maniacs really have little to no argument for guns, other than "OUR RIGHTZ AND 2ND AMENTMENT HURDUR!!" and even then, very few even talk about a complete gun ban. And on top of that, despite an FBI investigation, having the cops called on him multiple times, and being expelled, he was allowed to buy a gun.

The hypocrisy here is how the right wingers will whine about how quickly "the left" politicize the tragedies or bring up anti-gun sentiments, when these same people will immediately bring up the wall, ban, and how illegal immigrants/Muslims are horrible as soon as they're suspects. Idiots.

Not saying to charge him, but if your behavior causes an FBI interview or investigation...that is something you may wanna jot down in their record

or keep note of or something. You cant risk shit like this. The kid was *censored*ing expelled. It is hard to get expelled. You dont get to buy an AR-15 if you manage to do that.

The FBI never interviewed the shooter they interviewed the guy who posted the video, and they couldn't identity who posted it. He bought the gun a year ago before the comment was made. Plus he was kicked out of school for fighting not guns. And the only teacher to make a comment about the no backpack a loud wasn't sure about that.

Nothing legally would disqualify him from buy the AR-15.

In Washington a grandma reported her grandson for planning a shooting

A grandmother in Washington state is being credited with reporting her own grandson for planning a school shooting. The teen was arrested the same day as a former student killed 17 people in a shooting at a Florida school.

ABC News obtained a 911 call from a grandmother alerting police that her grandson, who was arrested Wednesday, was in the advanced stages of plotting a shooting at his high school.

What Im reporting is Im finding journal entries from my grandson, Catherine OConnor told the operator. And hes planning on having a mass shooting at one of the high schools.

OConnors 18-year-old grandson, who has not been identified by police, was a student at Aces Alternative High School in Everett, Washington.

ABC's Seattle affiliate KOMO obtained court documents detailing his violent journal entries.

I need to make this shooting/bombing ... infamous," the student wrote, according to the court documents. "I need to get the biggest fatality number I possibly can. I need to make this count. ... I'm learning from past shooters/bombers mistakes, so I don't make the same ones."

The grandmother called police when she discovered her grandsons journal as well as a semi-automatic rifle stored in a guitar case in her home, according to court records.

Menu

NOTIFICATIONS

BREAKING

56m ago

13 Russian nationals indicted on charges related to meddling in US elections

Feb 16

Mitt Romney says he's running for Senate in Utah

INTERESTS

Customize your news by choosing the topics that interest you. We'll notify you here about the important stories.

Russia Investigation Add Interest

Florida School Shooting Add Interest

Donald Trump Add Interest

Olympics Add Interest

North Korea Add Interest

Midterm Elections Add Interest

Flu Season Add Interest

Oscars Add Interest

To save your interests across all devices Log In or Sign Up

Grandmother reports grandson for school shooting plot

By COURTNEY HAN

Feb 16, 2018, 4:07 AM ET

Email

KOMO

WATCH Grandmother reports grandson for school shooting plot

A grandmother in Washington state is being credited with reporting her own grandson for planning a school shooting. The teen was arrested the same day as a former student killed 17 people in a shooting at a Florida school.

ABC News obtained a 911 call from a grandmother alerting police that her grandson, who was arrested Wednesday, was in the advanced stages of plotting a shooting at his high school.

What Im reporting is Im finding journal entries from my grandson, Catherine OConnor told the operator. And hes planning on having a mass shooting at one of the high schools.

Juvenile arrested in South Carolina for threatening copycat shooting attack

Florida suspect said he heard voices telling him to carry out massacre, law enforcement sources say

Twin brothers arrested in NYC on explosives charges after authorities find bomb-making materials

PHOTO: Students attend a prayer service at Parkridge Church in Coral Springs, Fla., a day after a mass shooting occurred at the nearby Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Feb. 15, 2018.Saul Martinez/The New York Times via Redux Pictures

Students attend a prayer service at Parkridge Church in Coral Springs, Fla., a day after a mass shooting occurred at the nearby Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Feb. 15, 2018.more +

OConnors 18-year-old grandson, who has not been identified by police, was a student at Aces Alternative High School in Everett, Washington.

ABC's Seattle affiliate KOMO obtained court documents detailing his violent journal entries.

I need to make this shooting/bombing ... infamous," the student wrote, according to the court documents. "I need to get the biggest fatality number I possibly can. I need to make this count. ... I'm learning from past shooters/bombers mistakes, so I don't make the same ones."

The grandmother called police when she discovered her grandsons journal as well as a semi-automatic rifle stored in a guitar case in her home, according to court records.

A student at ACES High School in Everett, Washington, was arrested after his grandmother called police to report he was plotting a mass shooting.KOMO

A student at ACES High School in Everett, Washington, was arrested after his grandmother called police to report he was plotting a mass shooting.more +

Another journal entry stated, "I'm preparing myself for the school shooting. I can't wait. My aim has gotten much more accurate. ... I can't wait to walk into that class and blow all those (expletive) away."

His journal also had excerpts about making pressure cooker bombs.

The teen had considered targeting more than one high school, according to one of his journal entries. Everett police arrested the grandson at ACES High School on Wednesday. KOMO reported he was in possession of marijuana and a knife at the time of his arrest, and was booked for third-degree assault on an officer for kicking him during his arrest.

He is being held on $5 million bail at Snohomish County Jail. Police are still investigating the teen for attempted murder based on his journals.

There's a lot of kids who could have lost their lives, OConnors neighbor Julie Primachik told KOMO. I think its a hero-like thing to do.

He didn't want to make the same mistakes as past shooters but ended up making the worse one and got busted before he started. Glad the grandma found all the evidence and did the right thing to contacting the police.

His infamous wanna be ass is jail!

Future psychopaths writing in their journal today..... "Kill granny first"

But yeah, good for her to report him instead of ignoring it.

We really do need stricter gun control. Pro-gun people's arguments are dumb as *Censored*, like giving teachers guns and training or posting vets and former officers as guards. It's like somehow, they think more guns will help protect instead of helping shooters find different ways to carry out their plan.

It's beyond *censored*ed up that people would rather choose being able to buy guns without an issue over safety of others, especially kids.

People will always find access to weapons even if banned. Armed guards is a great option to me.

I don't know about security in schools across the country but in my city, both districts have campus police. Regular security guards and actual armed law enforcement officers assigned to schools. It's been like that since the early 2000's and there hasn't been any incident besides fights.

Even if they do find access to weapons, isn't it better that it's harder to get access? THat means they're more likely to get caught. And armed guards would be obvious. If they patrol out of the school, then they could get locked out. If in school, what's to stop the shooter from putting on more armor and/or taking out the guards first?

My university has campus police too, but it still hasn't stopped robberies and shooting. At best, maybe reduce it.

People will always find access to weapons even if banned. Armed guards is a great option to me.

I don't know about security in schools across the country but in my city, both districts have campus police. Regular security guards and actual armed law enforcement officers assigned to schools. It's been like that since the early 2000's and there hasn't been any incident besides fights.

most American schools have at least two officers on campus at all times in this case the officer and the gunman never even met

most American schools have at least two officers on campus at all times in this case the officer and the gunman never even met

I've worked for maybe 15 schools in California in the last decade and only one, a Highschool, had a full time police officer. The other ones, especially the elementary schools had no police at any time of the day except when they were called in for suspected child abuse at home.

Archived