Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

the logic that guns can help prevent or stop mass shooting is pretty dumb as *Censored*, I agree. Especially during the tragedy in Vegas. no one knew where the bullets were coming from, as far as I know, so the best case scenario they'd all have their guns own and start looking. Some might have itchy trigger finger or assume incorrectly and start shooting, which could set off a chain reaction.

Like, having a group of gun owners in one area is pretty uncomfortable, given all things. I don't know why gun lovers are so insistent on allowing guns at games given the violence that goes on after a team wins/loses. Even women haven't been spared from getting into fights, and the last thing we need is an angry football fan shooting a rival team fan.

That is probably the dumbest, most asinine thing I've heard you say. This isn't the naked gun movies.

Also that is literally worse case scenario that has little to no chance of actually going down. You're pushing it as more likely than it is.

Well it kind of happen when a women open fire on suspected shoplifters in a parking lot as they try to drive away

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2015/10/06/cpl-holder-opens-fire-shoplifter-home-depot/73468588/

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, because gun owners can be trusted to make logical choices, right? Because none of them have been trigger happy. Get past your hardon for guns, you're far too blind. But then again, there's no use reasoning with you, you lack the common sense or knowledge. There really is no reason to believe fans won't start pulling out guns when they're all too ready to get into arguments and fistfights.

Actually a great deal of gun owners can make perfectly logical choices and can be trusted more than say, most cops these days. There will however always be cases in which someone makes a bad choice and does the wrong thing. But that is to be expected in a place with this many people.

Your second sentence is just you rambling off a bunch of shit to make yourself think you're telling me off when really you sound like a moron. I'd love to hear how I lack knowledge when you don't even know what an AR-15 actually is. You don't know anything about handguns or even ballistics so instead you get your little digs in. I remember my first debate.

The last sentence is the most made up nonsense to push your opinion but can't even be entertained as a good argument. Sounds like something Nancey Polosi would say.

the logic that guns can help prevent or stop mass shooting is pretty dumb as *Censored*, I agree. Especially during the tragedy in Vegas. no one knew where the bullets were coming from, as far as I know, so the best case scenario they'd all have their guns own and start looking. Some might have itchy trigger finger or assume incorrectly and start shooting, which could set off a chain reaction.

Like, having a group of gun owners in one area is pretty uncomfortable, given all things. I don't know why gun lovers are so insistent on allowing guns at games given the violence that goes on after a team wins/loses. Even women haven't been spared from getting into fights, and the last thing we need is an angry football fan shooting a rival team fan.

That is probably the dumbest, most asinine thing I've heard you say. This isn't the naked gun movies.

Also that is literally worse case scenario that has little to no chance of actually going down. You're pushing it as more likely than it is.

Well it kind of happen when a women open fire on suspected shoplifters in a parking lot as they try to drive away

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2015/10/06/cpl-holder-opens-fire-shoplifter-home-depot/73468588/

Yeah and she obviously was an idiot for what she did. Oh and that is like a case from two years ago. We have laws and rules in place for instances like this even. Your conceal carry is absolutely the last resort. You have to feel threatened. Shooting at someone fleeing is not being threatened. She just thought she would play hero without knowing the law. I haven't looked up the case in detail but she will probably face some kind of fine or charge for her negligence. If not then she should. Same goes for cops when the don't. And they should get charged more often then they do probably. As far as this incident goes. It doesn't happen that often and that was my point. M3J acts like this will be a thing all the time. According to him fans will just start shooting each other at games like a bunch of primitive savages. Not really doing justice for his cause. There will always be exceptions or incidents here and there. But don't act like this is some epidemic. You're just fear mongering at that point and it's all based on lack of actual knowledge or common sense.

"It doesn't happen that often." Tell that to the victims familly. Future ones too.

Law also really worked in case of george Zimmerman and Treyvon martin. Especially "you need to feel thretened" part.

Like what, you need to see 500 people die first before even admiting that there is a problem?

Again, we are talking about dead people here. Think about that for a second.

EDIT: And Bdon, please stop with that "you don't know what an AR-15 rifle is "argument" because it's weak, and it's not proving you a damn thing.

People don't ask much, yet you are on the constant defensive about everything, you show no room for any kind of movement and you have prooven yourself to be ignorant on a lot of topics. You will not be less of a man or a human being if you admit some things.

Yes, because gun owners can be trusted to make logical choices, right? Because none of them have been trigger happy. Get past your hardon for guns, you're far too blind. But then again, there's no use reasoning with you, you lack the common sense or knowledge. There really is no reason to believe fans won't start pulling out guns when they're all too ready to get into arguments and fistfights.

Actually a great deal of gun owners can make perfectly logical choices and can be trusted more than say, most cops these days. There will however always be cases in which someone makes a bad choice and does the wrong thing. But that is to be expected in a place with this many people.

Your second sentence is just you rambling off a bunch of shit to make yourself think you're telling me off when really you sound like a moron. I'd love to hear how I lack knowledge when you don't even know what an AR-15 actually is. You don't know anything about handguns or even ballistics so instead you get your little digs in. I remember my first debate.

The last sentence is the most made up nonsense to push your opinion but can't even be entertained as a good argument. Sounds like something Nancey Polosi would say.

Yeah and she obviously was an idiot for what she did. Oh and that is like a case from two years ago. We have laws and rules in place for instances like this even. Your conceal carry is absolutely the last resort. You have to feel threatened. Shooting at someone fleeing is not being threatened. She just thought she would play hero without knowing the law. I haven't looked up the case in detail but she will probably face some kind of fine or charge for her negligence. If not then she should. Same goes for cops when the don't. And they should get charged more often then they do probably. As far as this incident goes. It doesn't happen that often and that was my point. M3J acts like this will be a thing all the time. According to him fans will just start shooting each other at games like a bunch of primitive savages. Not really doing justice for his cause. There will always be exceptions or incidents here and there. But don't act like this is some epidemic. You're just fear mongering at that point and it's all based on lack of actual knowledge or common sense.

People shoot oh people over for stupid stuff hell a person in my city got shot because he took the last bit of salsa from the fridge people shoot each other yes they probably would

You guys should realize by now that when it comes to guns, gun owners lack common sense and logic to make the right decisions, they'd rather have their guns over everything else. That much became obvious with bdon when he blamed the stricter gun control side instead of the gun-obsessed side for lack of compromise or any action towards making the country safer.

You guys should realize by now that when it comes to guns, gun owners lack common sense and logic to make the right decisions, they'd rather have their guns over everything else. That much became obvious with bdon when he blamed the stricter gun control side instead of the gun-obsessed side for lack of compromise or any action towards making the country safer.

M3J I would love to have you visit me someday. To teach you how to use a gun. To bring you to a gun range and let you shoot it. To have you around other gun owners. I'd pay for the whole thing.

You attack Bdon and gun owners when you've probably never been around them for more than a few minutes, if not ever. You talk about other groups being stereotyped all the time but that's all you're doing in this topic.

I think after a couple of hours, while you might not change your position, you would have a lot more respect for gun owners and for guns themselves.

People shoot oh people over for stupid stuff hell a person in my city got shot because he took the last bit of salsa from the fridge people shoot each other yes they probably would

No one is saying that it doesn't happen so I don't really understand why you're still arguing that. The point is it's such a small number that it isn't the epidemic some are making it out to be. And you honestly think that someone wouldn't have just stabbed the guy over salsa if he didn't have a gun? The violence will still happen.

Because more laws would not make us safer. That is an illusion. You can twist it how you want and play the "feelings" card and demonize me for "not caring" like your side always does. It won't change anything. If anything could help, it would be harsher punishments for breaking current laws instead of applying more but even that is a stretch. It may deter only a few but probably more than adding a law would.

Kevin is right though. I think if you spent a day or two at the range with one of us you would ease your mind a little. It may even give you some of that knowledge and experience you need about guns in general. You probably won't change your mind completely but you wouldn't be as bad up tight as you are now about them. I would be willing to bet you haven't fired one at all. Or very little.

M3J I would love to have you visit me someday. To teach you how to use a gun. To bring you to a gun range and let you shoot it. To have you around other gun owners. I'd pay for the whole thing.

You attack Bdon and gun owners when you've probably never been around them for more than a few minutes, if not ever. You talk about other groups being stereotyped all the time but that's all you're doing in this topic.

I think after a couple of hours, while you might not change your position, you would have a lot more respect for gun owners and for guns themselves.

I have respect for gun owners who aren't so gung-ho about wanting everyone to have guns everywhere and is willing to compromise instead of refusing to budge and blaming the other side.

Other groups are stereotyped based on the actions of few people. If I even stereotype gun owners, that's based on seeing all of the gun owners I come across argue the same shit. And it's not as bad as how many gun owners stereotype people who aren't happy with guns, lumping them all into wanting to ban guns when that's only few people.

I have respect for gun owners who aren't so gung-ho about wanting everyone to have guns everywhere and is willing to compromise instead of refusing to budge and blaming the other side.

Remind me what the compromise is please

There's been a shooting at a Texas church, reports range from 20-27 dead including the shooter. More details as the story develops.

CNN is reporting that the number of victims is unknown, but witnesses heard 20 gun shots in quick succession. Not sure where you got the death toll from.

Well you know how that saying goes about how every great nation that fell happened not because of outside factors but because it fell from within. Trump is actually helping in the destruction effort much more than he is in the recovery effort. There may be two sides to everything and Trump always seems to point out the faults of one side and incite anger in the other.

The suspected shooter who opened fire in a rural Texas church has been identifed as Devin Kelley, a 26-year-old white male, federal and state law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Kelley is from New Braunfels, Texas.

The investigation into his background is unfolding. The suspects Facebook profile appeared to show a recent picture of an AR-15 style gun.

A LinkedIn account that is believed to be associated with the shooter suggested that he has a military background.

A source at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told ABC News that they are searching for explosives at the suspect's home.

At least 27 people were killed in the shooting and about 27 others were injured. The shooter was killed on the scene, but the exact details of how the shooting unfolded remains unknown.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-church-shooter-identified-white-male-mid-20s/story?id=50949455

Well you know how that saying goes about how every great nation that fell happened not because of outside factors but because it fell from within. Trump is actually helping in the destruction effort much more than he is in the recovery effort. There may be two sides to everything and Trump always seems to point out the faults of one side and incite anger in the other.

He points out the faults of nonwhites and try to demonize them to incite anger in the white people, but he'll either ignore white people's faults or try to make it look like he's not entirely against them. Trump is dividing the country and making it into whites vs. nonwhites, and his supporters are only too happy to keep fueling that.

While we do need stricter gun control and need to do something about it, it seems like we'll get nowhere given there were people still against stricter gun control or doing anything about guns when so many kids were killed. Apparently the killer also had a history of domestic abuse, which is a trait a lot of mass shooters/shooters share, and yet he was able to get a gun. This country's probably gonna get worse, especially since the politicians prefer getting money from NRA over trying to protect citizens.

Archived