Official NXT Takeover: WarGames Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how hard it is to predict Takeover events, like I have no clue who's winning any of these matches.

Truth.

And all the proof that anyone should need that a scripted event can still be booked in a way that it isn't blatantly obvious. No one should be able to sit there and argue that WWE books poorly because the outcomes are predetermined...when we have a great example of that being bullshit right here with TakeOver.

No, but the outcomes of 80 percent of WWE matches are predictable because their booking plans ARE predetermined and obvious. We know (or are fairly sure) that WWE's modus operandi is to have one main "face of the company" and we know who the chosen one is.

That's not what NXT is about, NXT is about letting the cream rise to the top, and giving everyone a platform to get themselves noticed. There are no glass ceilings in NXT, so any outcome in NXT matches / events is possible.

Plus Triple H books NXT right? And Vince WWE?

So in those terms Triple H has more a grip on how to tell stories in the ring and pull out unpredictability than Vince does on the main roster.

Tbh I think NXT is usually pretty predictable, and that's mainly because their booking makes sense. Lots of main roster stuff is just...poorly planned out, and therefore it's harder to predict if they'll pull a shocker just for the hell of it, while with NXT, it's easier to figure stuff out because the booking is logical.

Archived