Official NXT Takeover: WarGames Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to get this weird feeling Almas is taking the gold....

I think it's set up that Drew gets his redemption over Almas, I think Cole will take the title off him at Takeover New Orleans. But with NXT you never know what can happen, like I didn't expect Joe to take the title back from Shinsuke or Roode beat Shinsuke twice and cleanly.

As much as I dislike Ember and as much as I love Kairi, I think I'd rather see Ember win it. Otherwise, it would just seem like NXT would be quick to put a title on another eccentric, undefeated foreign star again as a replacement for Asuka and/or Nakamura.

Agreed. Be cool to see Peyton pick up an upset win though.

I love Kairi but like others have said, itd been a bit too predictable to put the title on her so soon after Asuka has had her reign.

Id like to see Ember win it, just for the pure fact shes been hunting it so long, and being as (sorry if Im wrong) shes undefeated apart from losses to Asuka, she is the head woman of the division, its right the crown goes to her. But I cant help but feel theyve stretched her taking the title for too long, so maybe a heel run would help her out with or without the title win.

The other part of me would love to see Nikki Cross win it, just for some unpredictability! Plus I think shed make a great champ.

In terms of the NXT title, I dont think Almas should win it, he just doesnt scream top guy to me, and anyone whos someone holds the NXT title. Not to mention the fact theyve flip-flopped around with him in NXT for so long that even this title match is a bit random, so winning it would be even weirder. Plus I dont think theyre ready to bring Drew up yet, and hell only lose the title when theyre ready for him to go up to the main roster, whichll be more than likely around the Royal Rumble or post-Wrestlemania

I love how hard it is to predict Takeover events, like I have no clue who's winning any of these matches.

Truth.

And all the proof that anyone should need that a scripted event can still be booked in a way that it isn't blatantly obvious. No one should be able to sit there and argue that WWE books poorly because the outcomes are predetermined...when we have a great example of that being bullshit right here with TakeOver.

Same it makes it so fun. Im so excited for this.

Also im really interested in how the arena is gunna look.

Probably the SD Live set again due to SS tomorrow. It is gonna be hella weird with 2 rings the whole night (I'd imagine) lmao.

I love how hard it is to predict Takeover events, like I have no clue who's winning any of these matches.

Truth.

And all the proof that anyone should need that a scripted event can still be booked in a way that it isn't blatantly obvious. No one should be able to sit there and argue that WWE books poorly because the outcomes are predetermined...when we have a great example of that being bullshit right here with TakeOver.

No, but the outcomes of 80 percent of WWE matches are predictable because their booking plans ARE predetermined and obvious. We know (or are fairly sure) that WWE's modus operandi is to have one main "face of the company" and we know who the chosen one is.

That's not what NXT is about, NXT is about letting the cream rise to the top, and giving everyone a platform to get themselves noticed. There are no glass ceilings in NXT, so any outcome in NXT matches / events is possible.

Archived