You think NBA2K micro-transaction non-sense will come to WWE2K?

urmie

So I just read about NBA2K and it's microtransactions and my first thought was WWE2K, do you think 2K could be greedy enough to make this transition to WWE games? Stuff that was once free, now being charged. Hair, mic skills, attributes, etc.

https://kotaku.com/nba-2k18-is-riddled-with-microtransactions-1818554307

https://youtu.be/c9gwtmcB_TM

I think all sports titles not just wrestling games need to move away from permanent stats. I don't mean locked in no editing I mean stats that once set are not changed within the games AI. We need dynamic stats for all these titles, stats that change based on wins, losses, popularity, injuries, etc. I would like to see someone like Balor automatically adjust up to like a 94 then of course come back down just based on how you use him in say universe mode. However good AI of any kind is just less money for all these companies.

I hope it does one day. Like how NBA has the Neighborhood there could be arenas that a bunch of people can walk around in. Hang out in locker rooms, Go into the stands, get into brawls in and out of the ring and even go outside.

2K is a business like any other business, and I happen to love the way they've been putting out some of the best-looking wrestling games of all time, after so many depressing years under the THQ banner... so any little kickback we can give here or there to go towards the next year's game fund or that helps keep some of the staff paid well and happy and excited and motivated without doing any financial damage to the company outside of its ever-thriving NBA franchise, then hey, whatever... I'm sure you and I, all of us, have spent 20 bucks on way stupider shit. Lol

I don't think MyCareer on WWE has been exciting or worth playing enough to really get anyone to care enough to shell out some coin on extra VC...and in the case of unlockables, the Accelerator is a perfect kind of deal for everyone...I'm just saying there's zero problem with them doing it in NBA2K...the game hasn't even been out a week....you want everything right away? 'K....pay for it. Lol

2K is a business like any other business, and I happen to love the way they've been putting out some of the best-looking wrestling games of all time, after so many depressing years under the THQ banner... so any little kickback we can give here or there to go towards the next year's game fund or that helps keep some of the staff paid well and happy and excited and motivated without doing any financial damage to the company outside of its ever-thriving NBA franchise, then hey, whatever... I'm sure you and I, all of us, have spent 20 bucks on way stupider shit. Lol

I don't think MyCareer on WWE has been exciting or worth playing enough to really get anyone to care enough to shell out some coin on extra VC...and in the case of unlockables, the Accelerator is a perfect kind of deal for everyone...I'm just saying there's zero problem with them doing it in NBA2K...the game hasn't even been out a week....you want everything right away? 'K....pay for it. Lol

That's not really the point. The whole objective of this year's MyCareer is to reach a 99 overall. Someone has done the math and just to get to an 86 overall rating would take you at least 3 full 82-game seasons with an A+ teammate grade each time. NBA 2K19 would be announced already by the time you get there. So basically to beat the game, you HAVE to pay extra. Imagine paying full price for a game, only to be told you have to pay more to actually complete it.

Tbh I wish they had it last year, I would've bought a 79p VC boost to get my caw higher rated cuz it was annoying being low rated for ages. The accelerater was over priced

Could they do it? I would say yeah. Will they? It's up in the air since the game isn't out yet.

If career mode does have this, then I would say it depends. Boosting up a character's stat shouldn't have to be so hard that you would feel the need to go buy VC. If it provided a ton of ways to earn it at a better rate then sure the option would be welcomed but as of now, it doesn't seem like it in the NBA series. I've already skipped this year's and last year's NBA 2k games because I saw how steep each items/stat cost using VC got in each game.

I'm by no means an expert in NBA 2K so my opinion may be a bit bias.

If the complaint is that you have to do over 3 seasons to get to 99, my answer is another question....who in the world was ever the best player in the NBA their first or second year? Not Jordan, not Lebron, maybe not even Wilt, not Kobe... you can gradually pay little by little for some extra VC and get up there quick while you work to earn it via exhibition play and online play...practically any kind of play you do awards you VC at the end, from what I've seen.

I know people who shell out 40+ bucks on the regular for Madden Ultimate Team packs and that shit doesn't make any sense to me, but whatever. Lol

Archived