Starrcade Returns This November

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They announced the full card already?! :XD:

Yeah, this part is really strange to me. The just revealed who their champions will be all the way up to the end of November. Wtf. Dat US title match tho...

Card subject to change. :hqhq:

Nah but I believe the Greensboro Coliseum's Twitter broke the news and spoiled the card first earlier before WWE did so I think that's the only reason they announced it today.

I can still see Nakamura winning the title at HIAC though and this being the final rematch.

Being a fan of all things Halloween, I definitely would have preferred a Halloween Havoc card instead. Also, what does this mean for Survivor Series? Are we getting Survivor Series on the 19th, and Starrcade on the 25th? That's a crazy amount of programming for one week. And, of course it's a Saturday night...so I'll miss it when it happens live.

Noting being mentioned of it going to be shown on the Network. Looks like it's just a fancy name for a Live Event, much like the MSG events they never air.

Lol...nah, they aren't about to bring back Starrcade and then not air it on the network. What sense does that make. Random live shows without proper names is one thing (even big shows like MSG)...but they aren't bringing back a proper, named event...making a big press release about it, and then not airing it. :lol: I don't believe that.

Maybe, MAYBE it won't air live...but they'll show it at some point.

Hate this. Starrcade is a WCW PPV. WWE should not bring back something that wasn't theirs to begin with, and which has a legacy of its own.

But...it IS theirs. Because, you know...they own WCW.

Also, The first few ECW ONS events were badass. Truly some of my favorite shows. Just serves as proof that a concept isn't ruined by merely being brought to fruition. Something like this can succeed if handled properly. And, judging by some of the special names that they've contacted for it...it does sound like they're trying to put on a unique and enjoyable show.

Noting being mentioned of it going to be shown on the Network. Looks like it's just a fancy name for a Live Event, much like the MSG events they never air.

Lol...nah, they aren't about to bring back Starrcade and then not air it on the network. What sense does that make. Random live shows without proper names is one thing (even big shows like MSG)...but they aren't bringing back a proper, named event...making a big press release about it, and then not airing it. :lol: I don't believe that.

Yeah it's going to be like roadblock and beast from the east or whatever it was called

Yeah it's going to be like roadblock and beast from the east or whatever it was called

Those all mentioned in the press release that it would be shown on the Network. This does not.

So they want some of those WCW fan boys buying it, as it's literally just a name and would be the same show whether it's called Starrcade or WWE Ebola 2017

We may as well not even watch WWE until then cuz nothing is changing according to that card lmao

Hate this. Starrcade is a WCW PPV. WWE should not bring back something that wasn't theirs to begin with, and which has a legacy of its own.

But...it IS theirs. Because, you know...they own WCW.

Also, The first few ECW ONS events were badass. Truly some of my favorite shows. Just serves as proof that a concept isn't ruined by merely being brought to fruition. Something like this can succeed if handled properly. And, judging by some of the special names that they've contacted for it...it does sound like they're trying to put on a unique and enjoyable show.

Yes, technically they own WCW. I wasn't talking in the legal sense. But WWE itself isn't WCW. Different history, different rosters, different storylines, different titles. They're not the same, and it's not right to put WWE characters on a traditionally WCW show. Even if they do some throwback things in it.

Those all mentioned in the press release that it would be shown on the Network. This does not.

Still such a baseless thing to get hung-up on.

Answer me honestly...do you really think they're bringing back Starrcade and not airing it?

No. But nothing points at it being aired live as of now. I hope it does air though, this event looks to be great.

Yes, technically they own WCW. I wasn't talking in the legal sense. But WWE itself isn't WCW. Different history, different rosters, different storylines, different titles. They're not the same, and it's not right to put WWE characters on a traditionally WCW show. Even if they do some throwback things in it.

US title mate.

WCW was a company...now they're a brand. Anyone who gets hung up on that needs to get over it...because that's how it is. It's the same as people who complain about Star Wars being owned by Disney. And, ironically enough, the quality of Star Wars has gone up since being owned by Disney. So...there's that. In the end, it's just people complaining about the unknown. WCW turned to shit in the end...they killed themselves...they were purchased by WWE...and that's all there is to it.

Ric Flair won his fifth world title at Starcade in a Steel Cage. Now Charlotte is getting most likely the opportunity to do the same. That's really cool.

Charlotte already is a five time champion on the main roster.

She always refers to herself as four time women's champion.

Because she is. The fifth one was the Divas championship

I don't think they count that one.

Retarded if true.

Yeah, this part is really strange to me. The just revealed who their champions will be all the way up to the end of November. Wtf. Dat US title match tho...

Not really. Jinder vs Shinsuke for the WWE title just says one of the two will be champion. And yeah, 'card subject to change'.

Starrcade was around before WCW though

Eh, it was always a JCP show, though. That's like saying Wrestlemania was around before WWE.

Not really. Jinder vs Shinsuke for the WWE title just says one of the two will be champion. And yeah, 'card subject to change'.

When I said that it spoiled who would be champion, I didn't mean the exact person...I just meant that it completely removes any surprise factors from the equation. And it's still not a generally smart practice to announce a full card so far in advance. And yes, I know it's subject to change...but that really only accounts for injuries and things. If WWE officially released this as the card, then it's probably what they're set on doing.

Archived