Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't exactly call him must-see. Miz is a guy who creates awesome moments, but underwhelms during a climax or a match. Like an actor who makes awesome scenes, but can't make a great movie.

Sure, I'll thoroughly enjoy myself watching Miz-rants on YouTube. But I won't go out my way to watch a Miz-match. So when he says stuff like making the Intercontinental Title more prestigious, I can't go with it because his matches and most of his feuds weren't memorable enough in the moment supreme to warrant such a claim. And you can say that this is the point of Miz, as he is a loudmouth, but I got two issues with that and one is that you can lose memorably just as well and keep that same point in the character and two is that enough people are fully on board with the idea that Miz is that guy who elevated the title despite the lack of a good climax to really boost its prestige.

Regardless of that, I think Miz is solidified enough in terms of stature, ability and reputation to hold his own in a big-match environment, competing against the likes of Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns without looking silly like in the old days, but it's like he's definitely at the table but he isn't exactly making big orders at it either.

Wouldn't exactly call him must-see. Miz is a guy who creates awesome moments, but underwhelms during a climax or a match. Like an actor who makes awesome scenes, but can't make a great movie.

Sure, I'll thoroughly enjoy myself watching Miz-rants on YouTube. But I won't go out my way to watch a Miz-match. So when he says stuff like making the Intercontinental Title more prestigious, I can't go with it because his matches and most of his feuds weren't memorable enough in the moment supreme to warrant such a claim. And you can say that this is the point of Miz, as he is a loudmouth, but I got two issues with that and one is that you can lose memorably just as well and keep that same point in the character and two is that enough people are fully on board with the idea that Miz is that guy who elevated the title despite the lack of a good climax to really boost its prestige.

Regardless of that, I think Miz is solidified enough in terms of stature, ability and reputation to hold his own in a big-match environment, competing against the likes of Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns without looking silly like in the old days, but it's like he's definitely at the table but he isn't exactly making big orders at it either.

So...The Rock?

WRONG. He's the Dwayne Johnson of professional wrestling.

Anyway, GRR spoiler:

Strowman winning the Rumble was hardly a big achievement, especially in comparison to where he could be (and that doesn't necessarily mean being Universal Champion). I feels it's a lot like being last man standing at Survivor Series - good for him, but it doesn't really mean anything It's like WWE are throwing empty achievements at him - sole survivor, tag champ, GRR winner - to keep him 'strong' even though they don't do much for him. Not to bury any of these (especially being a tag champ), but SS was insignificant, he vacated the tag titles the next day and I predict winning the GRR will lead to little as well.

They're trying really hard to market Seth Rollins as the BITW recently and it feels really unnatural. I think he is in that conversation, but they should stop trying so hard.

Why would I? Lol it doesnt bother me to that extent. Also, I want to take in the full experience of the show. And if anything the terrible commentary would lead me to that, not the crowd which can be often good.

Why would I? Lol it doesnt bother me to that extent. Also, I want to take in the full experience of the show. And if anything the terrible commentary would lead me to that, not the crowd which can be often good.

Because it solves the problem of hearing something you dont want to hear? Thats what the button is there for. Im not telling you what to do, Im offering a suggestion that might be a solution.

Off Topic: the rest holds are when the wrestlers don't know what they want to do and they're brainstorming right ? because it wasn't because they needed a breather.

On topic: i think all The Miz needs main title run to truly deserve a HOF spot. But it needs to be a legit title win not a MITB cash in Because to my knowledge the only wwe title run he had was the MITB cash in. if he gets that i'll like " yeah he deserves that" but that's just me though.

Archived