Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I blame the fans. I know thats not something you guys will take well, but I blame the fans. Just had to be apart of the show. Just had to start going into bat for themselves. Making the show about them. Throwing beach balls and shit. WWE shouldve never fed into and embraced it like it was a gold mine. So I also blame WWE.

2jblan6.png

I blame the fans. I know thats not something you guys will take well, but I blame the fans. Just had to be apart of the show. Just had to start going into bat for themselves. Making the show about them. Throwing beach balls and shit. WWE shouldve never fed into and embraced it like it was a gold mine. So I also blame WWE.

Imagine watching WWE Television every week and your first instinct being "the fans are at blame".

The point I was trying to make in my initial post is that the way WWE seems to construct their post WM shows nowadays isn't natural/organic like it used to be. They go out of their way to really let the viewers at home know that it's the RAW after WM and the audience are some of the most passionate pro-wrestling fans around the world and they "boo who they're supposed to cheer and cheer who they're supposed to boo". I'm sure most people know that (especially nowadays), and it's something that shouldn't be mentioned on commentary. Wrestling fans are supposed to be passionate and invested in to the show from start to finish; or at least for the majority of the program unless it's just pure trash. Not only that, but surprise returns and debuts on these post WM shows aren't much of a "surprise" anymore because of the damn Internet; and because of that, it's not as exciting to me, personally. Still cool, just not anything that has me jumping out of my seat.

If anything, if you want to blame the fans for whatever reason, blame the fans for actually helping make the RAW after WM worth sitting through. I'm honestly not a fan of the beachball shenanigans, but at least they're a lot more lively and invested than like 90% of the fans that go to RAW for the remainder of the year and aren't sitting on their *censored*ing hands being quiet. I love how WWE acknowledges the post WM crowd, but they do so in a way that makes it seem as if it's out of the norm and they shouldn't be this loud or this boisterous. IT'S *censored*ING WRESTLING! They should be like that all the time.

The point I was trying to make in my initial post is that the way WWE seems to construct their post WM shows nowadays isn't natural/organic like it used to be. They go out of their way to really let the viewers at home know that it's the RAW after WM and the audience are some of the most passionate pro-wrestling fans around the world and they "boo who they're supposed to cheer and cheer who they're supposed to boo". I'm sure most people know that (especially nowadays), and it's something that shouldn't be mentioned on commentary. Wrestling fans are supposed to be passionate and invested in to the show from start to finish; or at least for the majority of the program unless it's just pure trash. Not only that, but surprise returns and debuts on these post WM shows aren't much of a "surprise" anymore because of the damn Internet; and because of that, it's not as exciting to me, personally. Still cool, just not anything that has me jumping out of my seat.

If anything, if you want to blame the fans for whatever reason, blame the fans for actually helping make the RAW after WM worth sitting through. I'm honestly not a fan of the beachball shenanigans, but at least they're a lot more lively and invested than like 90% of the fans that go to RAW for the remainder of the year and aren't sitting on their *censored*ing hands being quiet. I love how WWE acknowledges the post WM crowd, but they do so in a way that makes it seem as if it's out of the norm and they shouldn't be this loud or this boisterous. IT'S *censored*ING WRESTLING! They should be like that all the time.

Agreed completely.

You're missing the point, I believe. Despite those type of crowds having the tendency to toss around beach balls and "hijack" the show, they still manage to be some of the best crowds we see and hear on TV throughout the year. But you can tell some crowds tend to try too hard sometimes to be "cool", but they're actually just taking away from the show and doesn't prove to be beneficial at all.

It's the standards mainly placed by WWE and how they feel no other crowd can really compete with the post WM crowd. And quite honestly, no other crowds really do compete with WM crowds aside from like any crowd in NYC, practically anywhere in the UK, Canada, and maybe Philadelphia and California.

I honestly think WM crowds can be overrated as shit for the most part nowadays (and parts of UK), but I'd happily take those type of fans over most of the crowds we get throughout the year on RAW.

I really don't know why Corpus Christi is such a shit crowd when every other city in Texas is at least decent to good. :lol:

At least they wouldn't be making it about them, because as we all know, every fan that would be as hyped as the typical #RawAfterMania crowd are also the same type of fan to hijack shows using baseballs.

That sounds dangerous as *Censored*. :lol:

Beach balls show up in football all the time

Lol...since when? Don't people go to sporting events to actually follow the events?

I feel like beachballs only show up in WWE because it's obvious when bullshit is bullshit.

And then it becomes like talking on your phone during a movie, or farting loudly at the opera. Pro wrestling is a "show"...so it's considered disrespectful to the performers. Especially when someone could be seriously injured or killed for your entertainment...and you're busy slapping a beach ball around...

Archived