Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

I'm actually really hoping we don't get Cena V Taker.

In many ways the idea scenario for me is Cena calls him out again on Raw, the lights go out and suddenly Taker is standing in front of him. Without a word, he chokelslams Cena right through the mat and then cuts a promo along the lines of;

You want an answer? For 28 years I have never backed down from a challenge, whether it's made sense to do so or not, everyone who has faced me like a man earned my respect enough for me to grant them their wish. However what I will not do, is accept a challenge which has been made as a last resort because someone was scrabbling for a place on the card at Mania because they've blown their other opportunities. John Cena you have been here for a long time - you have had plenty of opportunities to man up and ask me to fight at Mania. A challenge I would have been honoured to accept - But not this time, the Undertaker has taken his Last Ride.

That was incredibly hard to read without cringing.

And then wow what a way to dick fans out of a huge match that they've been teasing for weeks just for a shitty Taker promo. A huge waste of time and terrible business.

Have to agree with this.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to Cena/Taker, what I want to see at the least is them not to officially announce the match, at all. On the go-home RAW (and even Smackdown), Cena can cut more promos or whatever but still not get a response from Taker. Then at Mania, he can come out one last time to challenge him (in kayfabe I guess he's allowed cos he's Cena? Or he says he's going out to cut a Mania promo but 'shoots' and challenges Taker). And then Taker finally comes out and they wrestle, or they can pull a swerve and Taker officially retires. To take it one step further, they could do this after the main event, kayfabe being Cena can only do it if there's still time left on the PPV.

It would be really retarded to not have Cena Taker right now. The amount of people they'd piss off just to please 12 smarks

Most of Eve's face run was being Kellys sidekick so it's understandable, but I did like her heel run too and wish it lasted longer.

Hopefully she's in Womens Rumble next year.

Archived