Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see love for JoMo. He had a series of great matches after he split with Miz.

That ladder match with Sheamus made me miss #1 contender matches and feuds. And I still do.

He had great potential, but they just given up on him sadly. Though WWE was in a very bad place then overall...

I'm against Morrison and Miz reforming full-time, but I don't see how it'd be a step down for both just because RAW's tag division is lame. If anything, they'll help elevate it a bit more and it'll be beneficial in the long run...but RAW's tag division isn't even bad - it's the booking of the teams (mainly Anderson and Gallows and The Revival, coupled w/ the injuries and such).

RAW's division got screwed bad after the belts kept playing hot potato between Seth/Dean, The Bar and then Seth/Jordan. At that point they had shifted the focus away from the other teams to the point of them seeming 2nd rate (I'll exclude Revival here, as they actually were booked pretty well prior to their two injuries). Club suffered from poor booking all year, got some momentum reuniting with Finn, then got dropped. Slater/Rhyno got into some super short angles but never enough to keep relevant, which is a shame after how over they were on SD. Miztourage were jobbers for an incredible amount of time, and still kind of are, but are being presented as threats at the same time, sort of? I don't even know what to think about them at this point. And then Titus Worldwide actually got a decent push, but they're just kind of....bad.

They need to go into overdrive after Mania to raise the divisions credibility. G&A and Revival should be booked as top tier teams, Slater/Rhyno as sympathetic babyfaces, hell, even push Dallas and Axel to the credibility Ryder/Hawkins had when with Edge. I'm sure we'll be getting a team from NXT in the division soon too, either AoP or Sanity (or maybe even TM61) to freshen it up a bit, but they really do need to elevate the division. SD kept focus on Uso's and New Day for most of the year, but we still have the BB and Gable/Benjamin as pretty credible threats, with Rusev Day and Breezango also having great showings in title matches, RAW needs to take notes.

I don't think there's that many better guys. Some may be much better in the ring than him but he's shown he can work with just about anyone while cutting great promos when he's in a good feud. I'd be all for seeing him have 1 more world title reign.

I would like to see an eventual one off reunion of Miz and Morrison, either for a match or a single angle, but not full time. Miz should work his way back into the main event.

Eww, so many better guys, why push Miz to the main event?

Because the guy has been absolute quality for the past two years now? Dude's absolutely killer on the stick, and has found a ring style that works really well for him and covers his weaknesses.

I would like to see an eventual one off reunion of Miz and Morrison, either for a match or a single angle, but not full time. Miz should work his way back into the main event.

Because the guy has been absolute quality for the past two years now? Dude's absolutely killer on the stick, and has found a ring style that works really well for him and covers his weaknesses.

I don't think that necessarily means he's main event material. I think he's found his position in the upper midcard.

I don't think that necessarily means he's main event material. I think he's found his position in the upper midcard.

Eh, I'm pretty content with him moving up. I don't know how everyone here felt, but I really enjoyed him as WWE Champion the first time around, and would be very happy to see him get another shot. I'd like to see him jump back to SmackDown and feud with AJ over the strap if he beats Shinsuke.

This. He's a good mid card act, doesn't mean he should move up to main eventer.

Mark Henry's Sexual Chocolate-gimmick maybe have been something the fans and possibly Mark Henry himself looked back on with fondness, but I personally never really thought it was entertaining, making it a bit overrated even though fans chanted for it and I thought that was a bit disrespectful when it happened around a time Henry was doing a serious ass gimmick with the Hall of Pain-stuff which was actually really good and it kind of took away from what he was doing when you have some distracting ass sexual chocolate-chants popping up when he's kicking ass and I always felt that was out of place and unneeded and kind of *censored*ing annoying.

In the end, all of the gimmicks (even the dumb ones) are part of the fabric of WWE.

Hell...just the other day I was thinking about how entertaining Santino truly was.

So, yeah...people definitely don't look back on Sexual Chocolate in a serious tone. It's definitely a gimmick that will always be mocked and laughed at. But that's fine. It's still an enjoyable bit of entertainment in retrospect. I don't think it's disrespectful to chant the name, or bring it up in general. He did that gimmick. It will always be a part of him. He doesn't try to run from it either. It's not like he gets visibly upset when people mention it. He knows what's up.

Look at what Cody Rhodes does with the Stardust gimmick for another example of this. He knows he was Stardust. He's not about to pretend like that part of his career never happened. So he does the taunt as a way of laughing at himself. I think Henry is the same. I think he probably appreciates the fans even remembering his career that far back.

It's not like people are chanting 'Christmas Creature' at Kane or something. That would very much be an intentional show of disrespect. But, Henry was that character. It wasn't just a passing moment that was a one time thing. That's an entire chapter of his career.

Archived